ReplyRegional Ups

Old 06-24-2011, 04:52 AM #22
KookieMonster
Kookie or Nookie???

has been a member for 10 years
KookieMonster donated to help Peyton Trent
KookieMonster supports Bob Gurnsey
KookieMonster has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I know what you mean with that, especally within a military community. When I was at Ft. Riley we built a team there (Reserve unit from St. Louis) for the year and a half we were mobilized. When we got back to St. Louis the team fell apart due to everyone going back to their pre-mobilization life. The team fell apart but a few months later came back with a roster that was almost all non-military. Myself and the other reservist then went active duty again (both of us were prior active service before we went reserve) and the team folded for good at that time.

This new team forming up in my unit, they came to me and asked to help them with everything and I did think for a while to use my old team name and colors, but I figured it's a new team and let them do their own thing. That's where the name MSM comes in.
KookieMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-24-2011, 12:09 PM #23
DSDM
Dark Side Donut Master

DSDM plays in the PSP
DSDM donated to help Peyton Trent
DSDM owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DSDM owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DSDM is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by [CMK] View Post
thats what the ultimate goal for me is. its just hard to keep players long enough to keep it a family
I am the only OG member of the team left, all the guys that have left still keep in touch though. The rest of the team has been together for over a year (some two), minus our two brand new members that have come to the team this year.
PTI Certified Master Airsmith #2822
Sergeant First Class, U.S. Army, Retired (1983-2003)
Facebook
DSDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:07 PM #24
[CMK]
DGS

[CMK] owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
[CMK] supports Team VICIOUS
Do you have to register any of your gear on post or what? I will be living in the barracks and I want to try to avoid any complications
Old 07-27-2011, 07:43 PM #25
enviousjohn

enviousjohn owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
enviousjohn posts videos on PbNation
enviousjohn is reppin' sidebar 4 life
enviousjohn has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSDM View Post
LOL, John how serious are you?

Insidious has a bunch of good guys on it as well. Kris Cooley the only real civilian that was ever on our team started/co-founded?? Insidious not to long ago. The two teams have the same goals be competitive and have a good time playing paintball.

The recruiting strategies are different though, I try to keep the High Rollers roster as much Military related personnel (Service Members, Family Members and Military Retirees) first and foremost where as Insidious recruits from the entire population. We do an interview verses a tryout because we can teach paintball skills we cannot teach personality. Since we work with kids and Fort Drum FMWR we look for personality traits that blend in well with our mission. We are successful because we have merged into a family unit and build upon and draw from each otherís experience both on and off the field.

Realistically you canít go wrong with any team you play with because in the end you are still playing paintball. Even if you decided to start your own team the High Rollers will be there to help if you would like us to. It is all about paintball.
Kris and I are more serious about moving up the tournament ranks (playing national tournaments, CXBL, NAPL, etc.) than our other guys but one of our main goals is to build a lasting and competitive local team.

We have two prerequisites- be actively involved with the team (we've all become pretty close friends in short order) and don't be a total asshat. We're all radically different people (I'm pretty outgoing and boisterous while Jake may only know 50 words total) but at the end of the day everyone's a good guy and cares about both the team and local paintball.

Kris (koolcrss on 'nation) and I play a few times a week most weeks and we practice as a team every Sunday. Feel free to hit either of us up if you're looking to come out and play
enviousjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups