Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-20-2011, 08:00 PM #1
Jelly Donut

Lots of reviews, but.........

Seen lots of reviews but no comments on recoil, almost none and loving it. Just enough to time shots but nothing compared to 68 cal pistols I've shot. Lighter mass of strikers an shorter cycle has really paid off. Great for tight groups in close quarters.
Jelly Donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 08:02 PM #2
Jelly Donut

37 feet, 9 inch grouping, 50 rounds, 1 cartridge. Trajectory not flat but when observed drop rate compensated with muzzle incline. So far love this maker. With less paint clean up is a wiz.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:11 PM #3
Jelly Donut

Oh, forgot. Balls roll in and out barrel easy..... Accuracy would be improved it ball/ barrel was closer. Not ideal, probably done intentionally to reduce barrel breaks. Old Tippmann philosophy... Air bearing, I think they called it.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:51 PM #4
Jelly Donut

This is kinda weird, It's like talking by myself in public without wearing my Bluetooth.

Keeping with tradition, another post.

No after market bolts.....
Slow sales
or
OD and ID so close delrin may not be safe. The stock triple anodized bolt may be best option. Problem with stock bolt, no o-ring between gas and magazine ports, and they are close. But again the ID/ OD is soooo close that an o-ring would critically weaken the bolt and everything in front of the o-ring would probably at some time would chase a paintball out the barrel. Liability, lawyers favorite word besides ambulance. Manufactures heart palpation trigger word.

Last edited by Jelly Donut : 07-25-2011 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Bad grammer
Old 07-27-2011, 10:24 PM #5
Jelly Donut

Something else

No cover for back tubes. Live in desert area. One gust of wind can be a death cloud of fine quartz dust particles into the internals. Seen it before and what it can do. Not exactly a piece of equipment you want to stuff a cork into.
Old 07-30-2011, 07:51 AM #6
Jelly Donut

Like this marker so much ordered another one. Same color, gold. Going to try and convince buddies to create simulation. 68 vs 43. Chrony all to 175-185 for close quarters. Will probably end up in just shooting each other in a frenzy but either way gonna have fun.

Last edited by Jelly Donut : 08-04-2011 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Attention to detail
Old 08-04-2011, 07:21 PM #7
Jelly Donut

Been doing alot of research and revisited the US Navy CO2 chart. Co2 is a blessing and the achilles heel of paintball. All issues with velocity, shots per 12 gram are there. Too much info for this post and has been hashed out by old school pump forums. If your interested visit Warpig and Air Gun Designs forums. Ive come up with some ideas and will post in a new thread after testing.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:26 PM #8
Jelly Donut

Well here I am talking to myself again. With the marker purchase I also picked up two 200 round canisters of Kingman orange paint. Upon opening it up there were several broken balls and a quick wipe down of 20 or so of rounds I was back in business. The most disturbing thing happened, chops galore. This was very disturbing since this was my second pistol, I have two. Now when I got my first pistol I burned through the enclosed 100 in the package without a single chop or break. Wondering if it was the paint or the pistol the first pistol was reassembled, don’t ask. Loaded up and I was relieved the same thing happened, chop, chop. It was the paint. Now someone had posted you should open the Kingman paint up a day before and let it sit, huh…. Bought some RAP4 yellow rubber balls, later on that. Going to buy RAP4 paint for now on unless the Kingman/ fine wine breathing technique doesn’t work.
Old 08-13-2011, 03:29 PM #9
Cakeslob

Damn mojombo I thought this was like, your own personal review thread, likes jellys only or something, id love to chime in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly Donut View Post
Oh, forgot. Balls roll in and out barrel easy..... Accuracy would be improved it ball/ barrel was closer. Not ideal, probably done intentionally to reduce barrel breaks. Old Tippmann philosophy... Air bearing, I think they called it.
If these paintballs (spyder .11mm) were made of glass they would be less prone to breaking in the gun. maybe just to brittle for the spyder paint. I think rap4's 11mm paint has a thicker, more elastic shell like the airsoft ones, I have no idea personally, just what ive read. They also said they break less (on people) and they also void kingmans warranty. user John S. has a lot of decent kingman looking PR posts about the KT's in the news section I think.
These guns dont get enough credit.

Also, I like the exposed back tubes as much as everyone else, but slap some tape over that ***** and your golden. nothing really moves past far enough to hit it off except for co2 blow off (or something) or if you have to cock the gun.

Reffering to your most recent post which i didnt see. john s. stuff blah blah.
Are you sure they are chops? or are they breaks with in the gun? The springs in the clips Most def need to be "broken in" And you unfortunately have to be somewhat gentle i find when loading in the Clips to make sure there are no breaks. they seem to be a big issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly Donut View Post
This is kinda weird, It's like talking by myself in public without wearing my Bluetooth.
I do it all day long, in public. no sweat

but yeah, I'm guessing they are selling poorly ( i hope im wrong) but spyders havent been getting any upgrades made for them really since the Ion came out. A lot of reasons really.
I just have a lot of reservations about how aftermarket parts would fair with the KT;s, like effective wise. Or even if the every day spyder mods would have a positive effect on the KT

lets keep this dialog going or have a KT think tank or something because I like this guy right here.

Last edited by Cakeslob : 08-13-2011 at 03:36 PM.
Cakeslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 09:19 PM #10
Jelly Donut

The tape might work if its double sided with Velcro. Removable and would vent..... Good idea.

As far as chops or breaks, not sure... Loaded one ball in mag a time and still broken ball syndrome. So chops not likely but possible. I have the wildest idea ever conceived in paintball for a bolt modification and will handle breakage, chop issue and improve velocity in Chaser/ Eraser. Wont share, may patent if works, serious.

Kingman paint is still beta as far as I'm concerned, needs work. Performance, breaks in marker and on target vs rap4 paint does not break in marker or on body either, hmmm.... I remember how many years it took .68 cal to get as good as it is now. The Kingman paint is round, better than some of the .68 stuff I've shot in the past. Hats off to Kingman for having the balls, hah made a joke, to try it. Will continue to buy but will let it air outside for as recommended by other post. May experiment with humidity like cigars, if get other projects going.....

Last edited by Jelly Donut : 08-16-2011 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Grammer