Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-20-2002, 11:21 PM #1
Kevin O'Dell
Play nice or else.

has been a member for 10 years
Lower pressure with LPR

I have an older LPR conversion with an ANS Jackhammer2, the kind where you have to leave the aoc body in the gun so you can use the valve spring. Anyway, I removed the aoc body and used a valve spring out of an older standard spyder (not the new "LP" spyder) and it works perfectly AND it lowered the operating pressure another 20psi. It now operates at 180psi.
!WARNING! Contents under extreme pressure. May explode if subjected to whiners, liars or cheaters. Does not play well with wipers. Keep away from open flaming. Failure to follow these guidelines could result in pain, loss of game or serious personal disgrace.

F/S Blue Impulse w/Vision and ups.
Will consider trades for Tribal Twister(pref.2.2) or other up'd tribals
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-21-2002, 09:11 AM #2
Have Blue

Have Blue is a Supporting Member
That's correct. Getting rid of the AOC means you then have a nice big low pressure chamber right in front of the valve (the best place to be!)
Old 05-21-2002, 03:22 PM #3
me262
corporate slave

hehe, yep. just remeber to plug the atmospheric vent under the asa.
LONG LIVE THE SERVOS!!........
Old 05-22-2002, 12:10 AM #4
Kevin O'Dell
Play nice or else.

Well, I didn't have to plug the vent, I just screwed the adapter in so that the front o-ring was on the valve side of of the vent, sealing it off from pressure.
!WARNING! Contents under extreme pressure. May explode if subjected to whiners, liars or cheaters. Does not play well with wipers. Keep away from open flaming. Failure to follow these guidelines could result in pain, loss of game or serious personal disgrace.

Old 05-22-2002, 12:16 AM #5
Paint Bull
A Newt? -

how much of a difference will a LPR on a tribal make both shot # wise, and performance wise?

Thanks a lot guys.

(gona paly with the twister again this weekend Kevin) man it's cool
Old 05-22-2002, 12:25 AM #6
Kevin O'Dell
Play nice or else.

Shot wise it will help a little, but performance wise it helps a lot. Like we said, you can run lower pressure, which is easier on the paint, and increases accuracy because the paint is deformed less as it travels the barrel. It's a gentle push compared to a hard hit.

Old 05-22-2002, 11:49 AM #7
Have Blue

Once again, I'll disagree - firing pressure does not change the accuracy. Tom Kaye showed that balls are not deformed when they are accelerated down the barrel...
Old 05-22-2002, 03:47 PM #8
me262
corporate slave

actually what causes the seemingly more acuarate shot with lower pressures is the fact the gun doesnt kick as much, not really anything to do with the pressure on the paint.

pressures on the paint have some efect on breaking, but only slightly on acuracy, youl notice stock angels seem to kinda hook more seemingly from the high pressure, i think there a few more factors that have to do with it, like air escaping on one side of the ball but not the other causing a wobbling, but i have no real proof of that, and that can be solved with better paint, and paint barrel matching.
LONG LIVE THE SERVOS!!........
Old 05-22-2002, 04:22 PM #9
Have Blue

Yes, you nailed it. A gun with less kick will appear to the user to be more accurate.

Firing pressure has some effect on breaking the paint, but from Tom's latest experiments, it appears that bolt speed may have an even greater deal of impact (pardon the pun)