Community Focus

Old 07-14-2011, 06:59 PM #22
***MINIONS*** (Banned)
Dustin Hobbs

***MINIONS*** plays in the USPL
***MINIONS*** plays in the PSP
***MINIONS*** owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
***MINIONS*** supports Pev's Paintball
what is the point of this thread? it should be re-named where would people like NPPL's venus to be?

just a tip guys, they arent changing anything.
***MINIONS*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-22-2011, 11:47 PM #23
Kenny OKC
In Memory of Steve

Kenny OKC plays in the PSP
Kenny OKC owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Kenny OKC owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Kenny OKC plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohdoyalrules View Post
bring an event to the northwest
Team Blacksheep
Kenny OKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 12:17 AM #24
x187x pball
LCpl

x187x pball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
x187x pball is for the Gunfight
Personally i think the NPPl should expand play not only across the US but hold more events. Yes, i get that it would cost paintball companies to spend more money traveling. but instead they should think about location before they decide to go and be present at an event. Companies based in Cali shouldn't drive all the way to Florida just to promote their company. Although if they have a local distributer closer to an event, have them set up a small tent or so promoting their products. it's a matter of nationalizing Paintball. i remember back when the NPPL was shown on ESPN not just ESPN3 like it is now. regionalizing the NPPL around the US would bring in more fans and money. more team would have a better chance to play in their region than have to travle across the US for just one event.
HB, Vegas, Chicago, DC, should all stay of course. but they should add more events maybe expand to 7-10 events. the only problem with expanding to more events is teams wont have the same amount of time to get the money for the next event.

Conference play is a good idea as well. but as we all know the NPPL isnt going to change unless the NPPL/PSP merger happens. which i highly doubt that it will.
"We've kill alot of innocent civilans. To us every civilan in Baghdad was a terrorist. These faydeheen we now in civilian clothes, that makes everybody free game. And if the came within our perimeter we lit em up. And when we would pull the body out and we would search the car, we would find nothing. This took place time and time again. No harm no foul, that's ok don't worry about it. Because this is a new type of war, this is an eradication. I honestly feel we are commiting genocide. I don't believe in killing civilians, and I'm not going to kill civilians for the United States Marine Corps."
Former Marine SSgt Jimmy Massy
x187x pball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:27 AM #25
Tim Kuykendall
Texas Renegades

I would suggest you find a local field or open area that can handle the event. )remember the field has to basically shut down for a weekend to host the event) Once you've done that go to city hall and check to see if any permits are neeed, if they are find out how much. Then find 4-5 hotels in the immediate area that will provide a discount on rooms. Once you've done all that google the distance from HB to your city and divide the distance by 1 then multiply the sum times to current price of gas per gallon. Add 14 days travel (hotel, food, etc) for 6 then add those cost to any local cost. (also, ask Frank what it costs to set-up an event)

Once you have all that information then send your request to the NPPL with the info you have and then we might see a change in venue.

For the record, I would like to see the NPPl have 5 events annually and only count 4 event scores toward series points.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:35 AM #26
***MINIONS*** (Banned)
Dustin Hobbs

***MINIONS*** plays in the USPL
***MINIONS*** plays in the PSP
***MINIONS*** owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
***MINIONS*** supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Kuykendall View Post
I would suggest you find a local field or open area that can handle the event. )remember the field has to basically shut down for a weekend to host the event) Once you've done that go to city hall and check to see if any permits are neeed, if they are find out how much. Then find 4-5 hotels in the immediate area that will provide a discount on rooms. Once you've done all that google the distance from HB to your city and divide the distance by 1 then multiply the sum times to current price of gas per gallon. Add 14 days travel (hotel, food, etc) for 6 then add those cost to any local cost. (also, ask Frank what it costs to set-up an event)

Once you have all that information then send your request to the NPPL with the info you have and then we might see a change in venue.

For the record, I would like to see the NPPl have 5 events annually and only count 4 event scores toward series points.
im on it! lol
***MINIONS*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:04 PM #27
Tim Kuykendall
Texas Renegades

So am I. Dallas Texas in July baby. If we can handle it others can. Call it "The Hotter than Hell Texas Open"
Old 08-23-2011, 11:49 PM #28
KBERG
Gold Team

KBERG plays in the PSP
KBERG plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:
Split the league into two conferences. East and west. Have each conference run there own 4 events
At first thought I really like this idea, I think it would encourage more teams to get introduced to these events, and would make playing every event more attainable for the average team. Would cut down on airline tickets, or eliminate them. Only problem I could see with this is the pro division...

Last edited by KBERG : 08-23-2011 at 11:51 PM.
KBERG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:11 AM #29
RoninSkye
Fade into the backdrop

RoninSkye is a Moderator
RoninSkye is a Supporting Member
RoninSkye donated to help Peyton Trent
RoninSkye owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
RoninSkye supports Bob Gurnsey
RoninSkye supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by epik808 View Post
Less events on the east coast. Chicago weather is always an issue. And the attendance of the events is low.
You realize Chicago has the second highest attendance behind World Cup almost every year right? And the past few Chicagos the weather decent. It's the midwest also, not the east coast, so there is always a chance of the weather being sketchy.

Team Adversity