Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-27-2011, 02:29 PM #1
eckotyper

New to Paintballing, have a ? regarding HPA tanks

Hows everyone doing? I'm new to paintball... played last weekend for the first time to be honest. Had a great great time, and already went out and bought a azodin blitz 2011 with a invert too hopper to start me off...

im wanting to buy a HPA tank, and was wondering what you folks might suggest as a good starting size ( i normally go through maybe 3 hoppers full per 2 round game).

also my main ? is if i buy a brand new HPA is it already hydrotested?

i see some decent deals for carbon tanks in the $60-$80 range... but they are expired, or close to expired where they need to be hydrotested. I see new Carbon tanks for about $140-$170. i figure this might be the best route to take if they are already hydrotested.

thanks in advance for being so understanding my amateur state to the hobby.

i honestly never had any interest in it, then i played, and man is it fun.
eckotyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-27-2011, 02:43 PM #2
Bigfatts

New tanks generally come with a 5 year hydro. At the end of that 5 years you have to get it retested. You can get good deals on expired tanks. I paid $25 for my PE 68/3k and $19 to have it hydroed for a total of $44. It all depemds on what you wana do.

I need to buy some stuff:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3716800
Marqs to fund a Vic or MacDev:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...2#post73530832
Bigfatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 03:49 PM #3
Dysfunctional
Fossil of the forum

Dysfunctional is playing at Living Legends V
Dysfunctional supports our troops
Dysfunctional is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Dysfunctional supports Pev's Paintball
Dysfunctional is attending Decay of Nations VI
Also to be considered is the life span. New tanks are good for 15 years total assuming they pass each re-hydro. Those that have been retested and passed are on a declining lifespan. For now that's just a fact of life with fiber tanks. So consider the "born on" date as well as the price and re-hydro date to figure in your math on whether or not it is a good deal.

Just tell her you are fixing it for someone and it is not yours and when they never show up to pick it up tell her you are keeping it for all of the work you put into it.
Dysfunctional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 04:00 PM #4
iplaysnakeagressive (Banned)
hivi indoor

get a new tank it will be better in the long run unless u get a free tank but your probaly not gunna get one, and get a 50/4500 unless your tall like 6'7 then get a 68/45, my friend is like 6 foot and prefers the 50/4500 its all personal preference when your at 6ft range and get a new gun in like 6 months or so then get a nice mask and cleats before and jersey or pants and get a pod pack before the cleats then your set
iplaysnakeagressive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 04:00 PM #5
franelpana

franelpana has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Most people like 68/45, it's like the normal tank but fatter. I personally dont like it, you could get a peanut tank (50/45 i think) which is really small but can still hold enough air. What i like are 45/45 that are long and skinny, because it's light and i can still put the tank to my shoulder.
But it's all preference.
franelpana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 04:03 PM #6
hivi indoor

50/45 is for more of people who shoot like 5 pods and hopper 68 like 9 pods and hopper(depending on gun) and the 50 is small but it feels good when your playing tight(which is key to playing paintball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Old 05-27-2011, 04:19 PM #7
eckotyper

you have no idea how much i appreciate the feedback. i'm 5'5 so idealy i should belooking for a 50/45 i believe.

i bought this kit off of amazon.com for my azodin... i thought it was a steal of a deal for $233 shipped no tax, with the invert hopper.
http://www.amazon.com/Azodin-Blitz-G...6531011&sr=8-2

ive read up that most prefer not to use co2, so that is why i want to immediately upgrade to HPA before even shooting the gun.

also im not into all the paintball gear, i figured some thick gear is good enough, went to the local army surplus store, and walked out with used digi camo pants, and jacket for $18... they are nice and thick, where i can take off the jacket in between rounds (hot in cali) and throw it on before a game.
Old 05-27-2011, 04:36 PM #8
hivi indoor

Woodsball? Or Airball? Or Speed Ball? And Ya Im 5 4 And I Use The 50/4500 And The Feel Is Soo Nice And As My Name Says I Play Snake So.... Iii Need It To Be As Tight As Possible And 68/4500 To Me Is Like A Airsoft Gun Were It Has The Stock And Your Aiming = Not That Mobile If Your Under 6 Foot
Old 05-27-2011, 04:36 PM #9
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer

Annual Supporting Member
monkeyballer099639 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
monkeyballer099639 plays in the APPA D4 division
monkeyballer099639 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by eckotyper View Post
you have no idea how much i appreciate the feedback. i'm 5'5 so idealy i should belooking for a 50/45 i believe.

i bought this kit off of amazon.com for my azodin... i thought it was a steal of a deal for $233 shipped no tax, with the invert hopper.
http://www.amazon.com/Azodin-Blitz-G...6531011&sr=8-2

ive read up that most prefer not to use co2, so that is why i want to immediately upgrade to HPA before even shooting the gun.

also im not into all the paintball gear, i figured some thick gear is good enough, went to the local army surplus store, and walked out with used digi camo pants, and jacket for $18... they are nice and thick, where i can take off the jacket in between rounds (hot in cali) and throw it on before a game.

If you are in cali (where I live) you are going to start to hate that heavy jacket. If you want something that is lightweight, breathable, and cheap, go get a basic longsleeve tshirt. That's what my team uses for jerseys and they work awsome.

For a tank, the 50/4500 would be good for you. Ninja make a great 50 cu tank.

Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
monkeyballer099639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 04:39 PM #10
hivi indoor

Ya In Cali Its Hot Im In Ny And Today I was Out Side For Gym And I was Sweating I Think Its In 80's And Im In Ny Ur In Ca So Its Alot Hotter There And I Was Wearing Shorts And T Shirt And Your In A Full Army Outfit

Last edited by iplaysnakeagressive : 05-27-2011 at 04:50 PM.
Old 05-27-2011, 04:40 PM #11
hivi indoor

And Is That Gun Electric Or Not? And Did U Buy Yet Cus I Could Get U A Better Deal
Old 05-27-2011, 04:47 PM #12
dontflamemeplox

dontflamemeplox owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by iplaysnakeagressive View Post
Ya In Cali Its Hot Im In Ny And Today I Saw Out Side For Gym And I Saw Sweating I Think Its In 80's And Im In Ny Ur In Ca So Its Alot Hotter There And I Was Wearing Shorts And T Shirt And Your In A Full Army Outfit

ahh NY that explains the blob of words with little organization....and they say people from Oklahoma are stupid

swaffle-what do you not understand? it is the hitting of a man in the face with your p***s
dontflamemeplox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 04:51 PM #13
hivi indoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontflamemeplox View Post
ahh NY that explains the blob of words with little organization....and they say people from Oklahoma are stupid
u mad bro? how mad?
Old 05-27-2011, 05:07 PM #14
eckotyper

yah bought already, yeah, my main goal is have fun, be protected during games, i wear shorts then the paints, and cutoff then the jacket... between games u can breath and relax in shorts/cutoff, but suitup to play your quick 10 minute game.

its doable lol... thanks guys im searching for a 50/4500 carbon tank now!
(want the carbon because its lighter, and im a big auto freak, so the added luxury of carbon tank is mighty nice and light! )
Old 05-27-2011, 05:58 PM #15
hivi indoor

yo what do u mean by auto freak and speed ball? airball? or woodsball?
Old 05-31-2011, 02:29 PM #16
FuzzyMcFatAss (Banned)

Go to Walmart, buy a Carbonfiber Pure Energy for $100. Problem solved.
FuzzyMcFatAss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:35 PM #17
TBOPP

13/3000 for a tank that doesn't need to be hydro-statically tested
You get under 150 shots with that depending on your paintgun

A 3.5oz CO2 tank gets you 200 shots but some of them may be "lobs" every once in a while
Also doesn't need a re-hydro

45/3000 I heard gets you 500 shots but I haven't tested it yet, I just got mine--THOSE need a 5 year re-hydro
TBOPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:46 PM #18
soccerstud_2009
I LIKE TURTLES

Annual Supporting Member
soccerstud_2009 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
soccerstud_2009 plays in the APPA D5 division
[quote="TBOPP"]13/3000 for a tank that doesn't need to be hydro-statically tested
You get under 150 shots with that depending on your paintgun

Sorry but i had a ninja tech tell me even the 13/3000 needs hydro tested the cylinder has to be under 2" the 13/3000 is 2.1-2.2"
soccerstud_2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:57 PM #19
soccerstud_2009
I LIKE TURTLES

Annual Supporting Member
soccerstud_2009 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
soccerstud_2009 plays in the APPA D5 division
[quote="eckotyper"]Hows everyone doing? I'm new to paintball... played last weekend for the first time to be honest. Had a great great time, and already went out and bought a azodin blitz 2011 with a invert too hopper to start me off...

im wanting to buy a HPA tank, and was wondering what you folks might suggest as a good starting size ( i normally go through maybe 3 hoppers full per 2 round game).

also my main ? is if i buy a brand new HPA is it already hydrotested?

i see some decent deals for carbon tanks in the $60-$80 range... but they are expired, or close to expired where they need to be hydrotested. I see new Carbon tanks for about $140-$170.

Personally if i were you i would do it right the first time and get a 4500 tank brand new. ( i like all my tanks brand new just preference) The tanks vary in size if your below 5' 10" id suggest a 45/4500 and if your taller a 68/4500.
soccerstud_2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 06:25 PM #20
evilbunnycookies
U of Akron

evilbunnycookies is an NCPA player
evilbunnycookies plays in the APPA D5 division
evilbunnycookies has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
evilbunnycookies has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I am 5' 10" exactly and my 68 fits nicely. Not dissing a 45 by any means

DM8 with a tadao oled board, ironman adjustable trigger, billy wing bolt and a cp continuous flow plug
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3778711
deadly winds freak carbon fiber barrel, Rotor, 68-45 Ninja tank
PayPal certified

University of Akron Paintball Club -- Treasurer
evilbunnycookies is offline   Reply With Quote