Son of Doomsday owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Son of Doomsday supports Team VICIOUS
Son of Doomsday plays in the APPA D4 division
Son of Doomsday is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel_816 View Post
omgomgomgomg i actually got 4 kills for once!

Son of Doomsday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-10-2011, 11:06 PM #23
Rampager2000
-Voted best Avvy 2011 <3-

I saw someone in a game earlier (they were a tier 3 in a game full of almost all tier 1's and a few 2's. Matchmaking in early morning blows) get 10 kills. Also, I love my M2 Light for that. It is so easy to get kills with the upgraded turret. Everything just blows up.

The thing that bugs me the best, atm, is my tier 3 pz38t. I love the tank but I keep getting put into games with 3 or 4 heavy tanks and almost everything is tier 5 or 6 and the only thing I can slightly do is follow someone and hop to "help" them and get one shotted the moment I show myself..

OGPT: It's Not Rocket Surgery
Rampager2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:18 AM #24
zellthemedic
GRAAAAAAA

zellthemedic helped look for balloons
zellthemedic is playing at Living Legends III
zellthemedic owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
zellthemedic is for the Gunfight
zellthemedic has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
****ing thank you. NOW GET OUT OF MY PC GAMING THREAD DAMN IT

UNITED STATES NAVY
zellthemedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:53 AM #25
Triggerfinger23
Kill. Steal. Win.

Triggerfinger23 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Triggerfinger23 supports DLX Technology
M2 Medium with derp rocks...same with m4 sherm

"Originally posted by EY3: theres a thin line between insanity and retardation."
Triggerfinger23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 03:36 AM #26
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

BT-2 is where its at. speed is everything
Old 07-11-2011, 03:52 AM #27
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

has been a member for 10 years
Drex17 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel_816 View Post
BT-2 is where its at. speed is everything
Want speed? get a leopard.

68km/h with 50/30/20 and solid front angles.

too bad tier 4 lights get BONED by matchmaking.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."
Drex17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:56 AM #28
Triggerfinger23
Kill. Steal. Win.

Triggerfinger23 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Triggerfinger23 supports DLX Technology
I started the grind in the t28 and let me say it sucks. Thankfully i can get like 400-800xp a game somehow and only need like 8k left for my KV haha

"Originally posted by EY3: theres a thin line between insanity and retardation."
Triggerfinger23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:35 PM #29
DayoftheGreek
I hate you

I hated my T-28. I got matched at the bottom of what felt like 80% of my games. Everything kills you in one hit.

Don't get too excited for KV, it hasn't been easy either. You have to do quite a bit more work to get the upgrades you need to make it a killing machine. Save up some free exp to grab new parts ASAP. Also save up enough to start your crew at 75%.

1/30/08: I was there when the plane flew but everyone was still stupid.
DayoftheGreek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 03:34 PM #30
CmaN3

I wasnt a fan of the KV either. I suffered through it to get the KV-3 and I have to say it was definately worth it. The KV-3 with the upgraded turret is just a beast. If you get put in the top third of the match, you will seriously bounce shots all day. Unless I get put into a match with tier 8s and 9s, I can regularly take 15-20 hits without taking any serious damage, while getting 3-4 kills.
Old 07-11-2011, 03:55 PM #31
pballler2269

pballler2269 helped look for balloons
I have the PzKpfw 35 (t) and all of my shots just 'bounce' off other tanks. Whats the deal?
pballler2269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 06:40 PM #32
ozzmosisx
Till the day we die.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pballler2269 View Post
I have the PzKpfw 35 (t) and all of my shots just 'bounce' off other tanks. Whats the deal?

do you have the top gun?
you also need to pick you shots when dealing with heavier tanks or when you have a weak gun. aim for the lower front plate, or the drivers hatch on the front. but its better to hit them from the sides or rear
ozzmosisx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:39 PM #33
Rampager2000

When I was using that tank I hardly ever got bounces. As said above, when dealing with a medium tank or a strong light tank, aim for given places. But that tank is one of the hardest hitting tanks of the tier (the whole line of that tank is actually) and shouldn't have that problem.

Old 07-12-2011, 04:07 AM #34
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

..explains why i see so many of them at least.

i played with the usa tanks today and managed to get the t2 medium. i have to say the bt-2 feels a lot more survivable. it does about the same damage, actually has less HP, but thicker plating...but its about 10mph faster and the gun turns quicker, im getting pretty good at moving around to the sides & rear to put holes in people.

thoughts on the 4 shot burst style guns vs the 1 shot cannon types? i cant ever seem to hit anything with the burst fire ones.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:52 AM #35
Rampager2000

They're different for different occasions. My M2 Light is fast and uses the multi shot. It is good for getting up on people and spinning circles around them while pounding on them. But each shot does less damage. SO, understand, that vs. higher armors you are less likely, with each shot, to penetrate. The 1 shots are powerful and fly straight and, from a distance, easier to shoot. So you have to decide what you like better or what works better with your tank.

My Pzkpfw 38t (the one up from the 35) is a one shot. It is also one of the stronger tanks in it's tier, again, and I need this because I'm always in game with tier 5's and such. However, my M2 Light uses a multi shot because it is always up on people and I use it for scouting and out maneuvering people. Then my MS-1, well, it's a POS but it's my third tank. I just sit in spawn with it until I decide to spend the money to go up a tier with it.

Old 07-12-2011, 11:33 AM #36
CmaN3

Get used to the single shot guns, You wont see any past tier 3 tanks, except for maybe on an a-20.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:57 PM #37
Rampager2000

Got a question for you guys. So I recently bought the AT-1. I didn't have a 2nd tier USSR yet and the only things I've used so far were light tanks so I decided to try this tank destroyer out. Well, my second game or so someone called me out on using the terrible tank and that I should have gone a different line of tanks. Is the AT1 and it's line of tank destroyers really that bad? I just wanted to try something different...

Old 07-12-2011, 05:19 PM #38
pballler2269

pballler2269 helped look for balloons
I like my T2? (the 2nd american tank) better than my PzKpfw 35 (t). I don't really know why though. I think because its a lot faster.
pballler2269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 07:33 PM #39
DayoftheGreek
I hate you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampager2000 View Post
Got a question for you guys. So I recently bought the AT-1. I didn't have a 2nd tier USSR yet and the only things I've used so far were light tanks so I decided to try this tank destroyer out. Well, my second game or so someone called me out on using the terrible tank and that I should have gone a different line of tanks. Is the AT1 and it's line of tank destroyers really that bad? I just wanted to try something different...
I'm not exactly experienced enough to comment on the higher lines, but I do know that whenever I play my own tank destroyers, I always lol at useless AT-1's and kill them easily with 1 or 2 hits.

I went german for tank destroyers (hetzer), russian for heavy (KV), and USA for artillery because that was the only one left.

1/30/08: I was there when the plane flew but everyone was still stupid.
DayoftheGreek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:00 PM #40
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

Drex17 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampager2000 View Post
The Soviet Tank destroyer line is very solid from what I've seen, especially if you ever make it to the top, the Object scares the piss outta me. ALL of the first tanks in the TD line suck. (AT-1, Panzerjager, and T18)
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."
Drex17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:25 PM #41
iwasaccident
McLovin

iwasaccident helped look for balloons
Dammit, i ask what time is it and next thing i know im in the middle of the map with a t1 heavy (or maybe it was a m6?) about to shoot me. Well he gets blown up by someone else without ever firing 1 shot then i start getting shot from infront of me, and i cant see them ofcourse -_-. So my poor m4 sherman gets killed without ever getting 1 shot off.

Moral of the story, dont get distracted and rush the map.

Last edited by iwasaccident : 07-12-2011 at 08:53 PM.
iwasaccident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:41 PM #42
Rampager2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drex17 View Post
The Soviet Tank destroyer line is very solid from what I've seen, especially if you ever make it to the top, the Object scares the piss outta me. ALL of the first tanks in the TD line suck. (AT-1, Panzerjager, and T18)
After looking at the whole USSR series after the AT-1 on WoTWiki I actually like it. I will have the experience in another game or two to go to the next which is an open turret. As is the next level up. And the one after that, after you get the upgraded gun, hits as hard as two tiers above it. I will stay on that line.

In other news, I decided to stop my Pz38t where it is. I liked that, in the lower tiers, it was harder hitting but now it is getting to the useless point to go up. Instead I got the T26 and will go up from there. Eventually will get to KV and see what I do from there.

Last edited by Rampager2000 : 07-12-2011 at 08:48 PM.