Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 03-13-2011, 03:43 AM #1
drinkmilk54
Torrey

drinkmilk54 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Surrey, BC Area Speedball team

Hey guys,

So I'm just wondering if anyone is either wanting to start a team, or looking for players to form a speedball team...or just people to play speedball with.

I'm from south surrey, bc, and am 16.

I dont really care what age you are, i just want to play...

I'm kinda new to speedball, but I play woodsball, and on speedball-like fields..although i have played on speedball fields a few times.

I have a geo 2 marker set up too.

thanks a lot!
drinkmilk54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 02:26 PM #2
paintballer231
Avalanche Canada/FS Swarm

paintballer231 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paintballer231 supports Team VICIOUS
paintballer231 supports Sherwood Forest
Come to Panther Paintball On Sundays and ask for Jimmy !
Old 03-15-2011, 05:19 PM #3
drinkmilk54
Torrey

drinkmilk54 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballer231 View Post
Come to Panther Paintball On Sundays and ask for Jimmy !
Alright will do. Thanks
Old 03-18-2011, 11:44 AM #4
wardogz

hey man if ur interested u should check out TPG on sundays
wardogz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 12:12 PM #5
chevota

Nah panther is better much drier and closer just my 2 cents.
chevota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 11:53 PM #6
ghost271
Shooting MacDev

ghost271 is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
ghost271 posts videos on PbNation
Whatever you do, dont hang with Jimmy on the Woodsball field. Killbox always lights him up

I used to play TPG for over ten years as it was closest to me. I now play at Panther. I think its a superior field overall and much bigger. If you're a newer player I think you'd enjoy TPG scenarios and their weekend games. From what I recall they cater more to the newb crowd these days.
-Ronin Cyborg RX #4,Olive 07 Borg,2xBlk 07 Borg,Digi-Cam Droid
-Max'd 'DM3'
-Mint Tippmann .68 Special, 2xLB Nightmare,Nelspot 007
ghost271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 07:47 AM #7
weltmaker2000
Rickfactor

weltmaker2000 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
weltmaker2000 supports Team VICIOUS
All fields have their pro and cons and being that we are still in winter, a bit muddy at the moment in some areas.

If you are new to speedball, it can be difficult to find a team as many of the newer ones are just groups of friends. I would suggest finding out when a practice day is being held and just showing up. Many of the teams that attend will not really want you to join in with them as they have the set number of players and you may find yourself watching more than playing. Talk to newer players and introduce yourself so that you can exchange contact info etc and maybe ask the field staff for a break on admission as you will not be sure if you will be playing a lot of games.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:17 PM #8
lionbunnyboy

hey i am looking for a team to and i am 13 and live in coquitlam with a dye 2011 dm
lionbunnyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 12:17 AM #9
tomn8r

there are many options available to you;

panther paintball
tswassen paintball games
ambush paintball
sniperz paintball

these r the 4 main speedball centres for the lower mainland. if i was young, full of energy and thought that speedball was going 2b a big part of my future, i'd avoid making the same mistake hundreds of enthusiasts just like yourself have done; avoid taking the 1st opportunity that comes along.

so if you go to field a.) you'll b sure 2 find speedballers willing 2 take u on. and although it may seem inviting, it could turnout 2b the worst paintball decision of your life. so my recommendation? easy; try all 4 fields. really. make a mission out of it - check out each one of the four scenes and make a really informed choice once you've experienced them all. i can tell u from 1st hand experience after having played many many tournaments at each and every1 of these fields that the atmosphere and the home team makeup is very different from 1 to the next.

panther has history, and lots of it. i rmemeber playing tournies there b4 ne1 else even knew what speedball tournies were. jimmy can set u up with a team and you will learn lots fast. there will b a BCPA tourny there august 7th - go check it out.

tswassen has some of the top talent as thunder (one of the north west's top teams) and gridlock (1st bcpa last event in open) call this place home. many island teams scrim there as well. easy going friendly attitude. hunt down dana and pester him with questions. tell him tom sent you.

ambush also has a good program - the ambush army. they are a speedball mecca during the non monsoon season. nic has tons of talent and lots of great teams have come out of there. central, easy to find, friendly peeps.

sniperz in chilliwack has bc's top program if team numbers mean anything, they have like 8 teams out of there with owen and kevin being the guys to talk to. super friendly, lotsa laughs, and GREAT teams with last years top bcpa team the predators and last events top rookie. this, in my opinion is the current leader field in new team and player development.

so there you go, enuf 2 digest 4 awhile. good luck and happy hunting!
tomn8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 01:08 AM #10
ThePuget

omfg like totally wut that gi said...
sorry to h8

bbq
ThePuget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 05:11 PM #11
lionbunnyboy

thx i have checked out the surry ambush and i love it still looking for a team though
lionbunnyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:57 AM #12
_slash_1
gun fixer

_slash_1 plays in the USPL
_slash_1 plays in the PSP
_slash_1 posts videos on PbNation
We @ ambush will be doing what we can in the following weeks to help start a few new rookie teams. There are a ton of people playing these days, we just want to help players come together. Check our facebook page in the following weeks for more info.

as far as speedball or any paintball for that matter in the gvrd, these days, you really cant go wrong. Good people at any facility.

PLANET ECLIPSE / DYE / CP / VANGUARD / PROPHECY CERTIFIED TECH & BOB LONG ENTHUSIAST + i can fix anything that shoots
I may not be a professional player but i make a living playing paintball.
_slash_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:07 PM #13
paintballer1787

i am new to paintballing but i would like to painting team

i am 14 i am committed to join a team i can go 2 to 3 times a month i do have other sports but their are ending soon. i am only 20 ish minutes from panther field. i have my own gear too. let me now if i can join. I can usually get my ride every time

Last edited by paintballer1787 : 01-04-2013 at 10:09 PM.
paintballer1787 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups