PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-06-2011, 11:41 PM #43
apengue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoelyDeezNutz View Post
I always let kids use my gear.

I also make it a practice to run PAST kids in bunkers and give them a chance to "catch me off guard"

In all honesty, I end up getting to play for close to free because parents love what I do for their kids at the field, they end up buying me paint or lunch or even entry.
yeah see i dont play for free so i play for my own amusement
apengue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-06-2011, 11:41 PM #44
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

NoelyDeezNutz plays in the USPL
NoelyDeezNutz plays in the PSP
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NoelyDeezNutz is a top reviewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by apengue View Post
clearly the point of all this is the kid originally got asked to surrender more than once.. he didn't.. what the frick do you want the opposing player to do? He paid as much money as the damn kid don't forget that while you are trying to promote the sport you're also not doing it at the expense of your own amusement especially when your possibly putting down $100 for a day of play. Bottom line is that people that want to play the sport and are okay with these gray areas and that **** happens and its all for the competition and fun of the game.. they should play. if not and theyre gonna complain about every bunker move or if everyone starts second guessing if they should shoot this guy or not, it ruins the experience for everybody. This has always been touchy because every player has to use his own judgement but in the end the worst thing that happens is u get bunkered i mean what is so bad about that! Cause it hurts a little? Its part of the game and i know im not going to the field to pay $100 to ****in dick around. Sure if there are new players i will surely accommodate them as much as i can I mean i definitely don't play like an ******* on the field, far from it, but paintball is also a game of instinct and split second decisions and whatever happens on the field at the end of the day, stays on the field.
The OP was correct in his call and the rental player was in the wrong, that's not what we are discussing.

I do, infact, promote the sport at the expense of my day of play if needed.

There have been times where I have paid to play, played 1 game and sat the rest of the day to help people with gun issues or to just shadow people while they use my gear... Being nice pays off. Trust me.

There are fields I play at that do not charge me to play, because I am guaranteed to keep players coming back and continue to make them money.
NoelyDeezNutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 11:44 PM #45
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBOPP View Post
^ I see, looking good for the parents
I dont do it for the parents, I do it for the kids playing. They go back to their parents and tell them how "the pro" helped them out the last few games and they point me out. I know that the kids will remember days like that for a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apengue View Post
yeah see i dont play for free so i play for my own amusement
I didn't always play for free... And I still don't, for the most part. But I can guarantee that if someone like you showed up at a field and bunkered a little kid, you'd have a gigantic target on you and I'd make you not want to play anymore.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:47 PM #46
apengue

ohh goddd..... i think you are the aggressive one here
Old 07-06-2011, 11:49 PM #47
apengue

my point is that there will never be 100% efficiency on new players not getting shot from close range. No matter what we do to avoid it a small percentage will always get shot from close. I'm sure you've done it, too. it is not 100% avoidable, man.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:53 PM #48
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

I can tell you with 100% accuracy that I have never shot a new player from point blank.

I am not aggressive unless I need to be. I am actually very laid back.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:46 PM #49
TBOPP

I think a kid can be shot from 20 feet away and they can chuckle about it, or gripe humorously about it.

Usually when you pop up on a kid they will immediately throw their hands up and that'll save you a paintball. That dazzles their brain or excites them, gets adrenaline so far up that they'll be high for next game. If they make gestures as though to defend themselves, that's when I give them a shot, poke back in, and poke out again for a second shot unless they've given up. If they tuck in closer into their bunker, then I come out a bit more exposing more of my profile to get them again. They love that! How can you be against one-shot bunkering?

I agree that I also think full-auto bunkering is a bit overwhelming, though. If I had a semi-auto and had the opportunity to bunker people, that would be a bit distasteful.

Last edited by TBOPP : 07-07-2011 at 09:48 PM.
TBOPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:53 PM #50
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

20 feet away is not bunkering. My issue is not where you can one ball a kid. My issue is when someone BUNKERS a kid.
Old 07-07-2011, 10:37 PM #51
apengue

I think we are all a little lost on this arguement lol that its gotten kind of funny. (common, don't you agree?)

Yeah bunkering a kid is not a nice thing to do. Then again i know many kids or have played with kids that have no problems with it believe it or not. Like i said, the level of pain is not that bad and many tend to exaggerate it a little too much. My girlfriend says its really not so bad. And shes a GURLL. lol

Either way, none of us bunker kids so you shouldn't be mad at us. bunkering a kid is a touchy subject all on its own though because in essence it is part of the game. If a kid wants to play speedball with me and my friends because he wants to get into tournaments we assume its because he doesnt mind getting shot over and over.. and he doesnt. He has fun, he learns, and we are all very respectful towards everyone and sportsmanlike, heck sometimes he bunkers us if he manages to get close enough. It just depends on so many variables for everyone to have fun you know.. In the end i still find its like an 'old wives tale' sort of thing. mothers freaking out cause their kids got shot in paintball? what the hell did you bring em to play if you didnt want them to get shot? Do you see what im trying to say maybe? People act like we just severely injured someone to the extent of hospitalization and stuff like that where that just never happens.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:48 PM #52
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

I fully understand what you're saying.

The people who don't complain, but never come back, are the ones I try to prevent.

I would be willing to bet that the kid in the OP's post will think twice about coming out again to spend his money to play paintball...

The point is that people got on the subject of how the surrender rule is lame, and people should "man up" and take the close range shots... when that is just not the case for a lot of situations...

I lead by example and expect the same of the people I bring into the sport. 1 person CAN make a change, whether you believe it or not. It all starts with US, as players, who have the power to either prevent a day from being ruined due to overshooting/bunkering/etc, or can make a day last forever in a new players mind by simply letting them shoot you out once (even if it's one of the last games of the day). WE hold that power.

I know a lot of you guys may be too young to realize it now, but if you stick around, you will. A lot of the older crowd sees my point of view, whether they voice it or not is a different story.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:06 AM #53
TBOPP

If they leave, then they know the sport does not suit them.

1. Enjoy pain
2. Enjoy winning and losing
3. Try not to spend wildly
4. Be OK with other people even if they are crazy/rude (everyone is at different stages of maturity, even some 50 year-olds act like immature power-hungry brats)
5. BE SAFE

If I let people borrow a game I like, theoretically/hypothetically, and they dislike it for being too intense... I never hoped they would "like" it I just wanted them to see it for themselves. If the game had too much "losing" in it, then there's Farmville.
TBOPP is offline   Reply With Quote