Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 07-01-2011, 12:32 PM #1
AdoubleGMEDIA
SWAG

AdoubleGMEDIA owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
AdoubleGMEDIA posts videos on PbNation
Not Mechanically Inclined? Look Here...

*Do you not have the ability or the innitiative to fix your gun?

*Do you want to get your gun cleaned and shooting nicely before selling it?

*Do you have 3 backup guns that arent working, and want to get them going again?

If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, then you should consider letting me fix your gun.

Now, I am definately not a certified Dye tech, and I'm not going to pretend to be one, but fixing guns is something that I really enjoy doing, and im going to give it a shot as a side business.

What? I have no feedback you say? Well, this is true, but just because I don't buy, sell, or trade on Pbnation, doesn't mean I am not a trustworthy person. If you do not belive me, feel free to PM me, and I will provide you with the info of people who have enjoyed their experience with me. In fact, Pm me either way. I will provide you with my phone number, and address.

If you would like to give me a try, feel free to post here, and I will answer any questions that you may have.

Prices are as follows...
*There will be a Labor charge of $10 cash for ALL LABOR. It doesn't matter whether I work on your gun for 1 hour or 12 hours.

*If I happen to need parts and you would like me to install them, the cost of parts will be added on top of the labor charge. (ie $10 + $2 for new 9 volt + $6 for all new o-rings on your DM7's bolt etc.)

*I posted in the NY Forum only, in the hopes that there would be less need to ship me the gun, but if that is the case, you would have to pay for shipping costs and whatnot.

***Previous guns that I have had experience with...***
-Dm's
-Luxes
-Ego's
-BL Marqs and certain timmy's
-Clones/Droids

*Just because your gun is not listed, doesnt mean that I cannot Fix it. Give me a shot. If I cant get the job done, then I will gladly send your gun back free of return shipping and any labor charges.*
Advertisement
Old 07-02-2011, 06:01 AM #2
Northeast reppin2

Up for a great guy and great gun tech!! He was able to fix my victory, dm4, and my g3 very quickly. Definately a trustworthy guy, feel free to pm me with any concerns regarding dealing with him.
Northeast reppin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 09:27 AM #3
DanORCPaint
Field Owner MIA

DanORCPaint plays in the PSP
DanORCPaint owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DanORCPaint posts videos on PbNation
DanORCPaint supports Pev's Paintball
DanORCPaint is Legendary
When I get home, i'm gonna write a paragraph or so as to what to watch out for, and such. Mistakes I made
"Where force is necessary, there it must be applied boldly, decisively and completely. But one must know the limitations of force; one must know when to blend force with a maneuver, a blow with an agreement."

Trotsky, Leon
DanORCPaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 04:28 PM #4
AdoubleGMEDIA
SWAG

^^^ Lol, thank you. I will def take your advice
Old 07-03-2011, 10:37 PM #5
DanORCPaint
Field Owner MIA

DanORCPaint is Legendary
Where to start...

When I first started working on guns, it was so I could learn how to fix things when my friend Billy left to go back to flordia. We sat there, hours on end, fixing dm's, nt's, egos, protos, a ion, all kinds of stuff. I mostly watched, cause when I came into taking over the field, I have zero idea about paintball. So it was like driving, but never seeing a car or a road before. After Billy left, Josh has been helping me, he knows older guns better than anyone else I've come accross, so he's been a big help. Anyhow, as time progressed, I figured out what to do, how to replace things, etc. But, I'm someone who likes to keep learning about things, so i started to fix other guns. I didn't charge anyone, I felt like it was good they had the faith in me to try and fix their stuff. Some stuff worked out great, some... not so much. I eventually started buying guns, just to take them apart and put them back together. If you do end up making this a business, remember, it is a business, there shouldn't be any cut corners for anyone. O rings, bolts, batterys, etc... they cost you money... why should people get that stuff for free? I've had people tell me countless times, they'll help me with this, or they'll do that if i fix this and get the parts. Most of the time, they don't do it. What sucks is that most paintballers are kids, and they just take things for granted. Unfortunately, I'm a sucker when it comes to helping people out, especially the few paintballers i actually sorta keep in my friends circle. Well... the one now i keep in my friends circle. But anyhow, you have to remember they'll demand perfection even though you aren't perfect. It sucks. It really does, cause if their gun or hopper that you just fixed goes down, you're the blame target, even if it is their fault.

As I said above, you're doing this for money, vs, what i did, for learning. You should make them sign something before you take their gun, just for general liability reasons. Any parts, make them buy them before you fix the gun. If they have a paypal debit or a credit card, hold the number. It is a dog eat dog world when it comes to fixing guns for paintballers. you have no idea how much Bull**** I've gone through to get a dye NT Medium parts kit, and i still haven't gotten it.

And don't use eclipse gun oil... just get slick honey. It is the best out there, trust me. Never use a unknown brand battery. Duracell and Energizer only. Watch the shims when you take them out of a eclipse gun. don't work on bob longs, they're too much of a hassle ;D

But good luck, If you ever wanna just come down to overlook on a saturday when its woodsball and just shoot the **** about fixing things feel free. I'm by no means a pro. If it was a computer, it would be a different story.
"Where force is necessary, there it must be applied boldly, decisively and completely. But one must know the limitations of force; one must know when to blend force with a maneuver, a blow with an agreement."

Trotsky, Leon
Old 07-04-2011, 01:04 AM #6
Softie68
Dan Hines makes me moist

Softie68 plays in the PSP
Softie68 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Softie68 supports Team VICIOUS
Softie68 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanORCPaint View Post
Where to start...

When I first started working on guns, it was so I could learn how to fix things when my friend Billy left to go back to flordia. We sat there, hours on end, fixing dm's, nt's, egos, protos, a ion, all kinds of stuff. I mostly watched, cause when I came into taking over the field, I have zero idea about paintball. So it was like driving, but never seeing a car or a road before. After Billy left, Josh has been helping me, he knows older guns better than anyone else I've come accross, so he's been a big help. Anyhow, as time progressed, I figured out what to do, how to replace things, etc. But, I'm someone who likes to keep learning about things, so i started to fix other guns. I didn't charge anyone, I felt like it was good they had the faith in me to try and fix their stuff. Some stuff worked out great, some... not so much. I eventually started buying guns, just to take them apart and put them back together. If you do end up making this a business, remember, it is a business, there shouldn't be any cut corners for anyone. O rings, bolts, batterys, etc... they cost you money... why should people get that stuff for free? I've had people tell me countless times, they'll help me with this, or they'll do that if i fix this and get the parts. Most of the time, they don't do it. What sucks is that most paintballers are kids, and they just take things for granted. Unfortunately, I'm a sucker when it comes to helping people out, especially the few paintballers i actually sorta keep in my friends circle. Well... the one now i keep in my friends circle. But anyhow, you have to remember they'll demand perfection even though you aren't perfect. It sucks. It really does, cause if their gun or hopper that you just fixed goes down, you're the blame target, even if it is their fault.

As I said above, you're doing this for money, vs, what i did, for learning. You should make them sign something before you take their gun, just for general liability reasons. Any parts, make them buy them before you fix the gun. If they have a paypal debit or a credit card, hold the number. It is a dog eat dog world when it comes to fixing guns for paintballers. you have no idea how much Bull**** I've gone through to get a dye NT Medium parts kit, and i still haven't gotten it.

And don't use eclipse gun oil... just get slick honey. It is the best out there, trust me. Never use a unknown brand battery. Duracell and Energizer only. Watch the shims when you take them out of a eclipse gun. don't work on bob longs, they're too much of a hassle ;D

But good luck, If you ever wanna just come down to overlook on a saturday when its woodsball and just shoot the **** about fixing things feel free. I'm by no means a pro. If it was a computer, it would be a different story.
if you use slick honey on a new marker they you just voided the warranty.
Overlook Project Zero
Softie68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 08:48 AM #7
DanORCPaint
Field Owner MIA

DanORCPaint is Legendary
Yea cause i knew that

Trotsky, Leon
Old 07-04-2011, 09:58 AM #8
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

NoelyDeezNutz plays in the USPL
NoelyDeezNutz plays in the PSP
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NoelyDeezNutz is a top reviewer
and slick honey is meant to be used as a grease lubricant, not to replace OIL lubes.

it is a bike lubricant that paintball players have been using since the early DM days and swore by it back then, and continue to do so.

For what it's worth, I've used EVERY lube on the market for paintball, and none end up doing as good a job as dow 33 when it comes to grease or normal PB oil when it comes to oil (Extreme rage, eclipse, PMI, it's all the same oil)

Learn how to properly lube a gun and it will work the way it's supposed to. When you start using aftermarket lubes, like Hater sauce, and you bring it to a tech and say "I dunno what happened, it just stopped working" The minute they see that green slime in there, they will tell you that your warranty has been voided.
NoelyDeezNutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:15 AM #9
DanORCPaint
Field Owner MIA

DanORCPaint is Legendary
Well I am a nt fan boy. But I do agree with noel about dow33.

Trotsky, Leon
Old 07-04-2011, 08:49 PM #10
AdoubleGMEDIA
SWAG

Thanks for the tips guys. The only lubes that I own are containers of both dow 33, dow 55 and eclipse oil. I havent messed with any of the other stuff. And Dan, I might take you up on that saturday offer
Old 07-04-2011, 09:16 PM #11
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

NoelyDeezNutz plays in the USPL
NoelyDeezNutz plays in the PSP
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NoelyDeezNutz is a top reviewer
I love fixing gear, so if you do go, shoot me a pm, ill come by and watch.... I know, im pathetic.
NoelyDeezNutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:45 AM #12
AdoubleGMEDIA
SWAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoelyDeezNutz View Post
I love fixing gear, so if you do go, shoot me a pm, ill come by and watch.... I know, im pathetic.
I definately will.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:28 AM #13
Softie68
Dan Hines makes me moist

Softie68 plays in the PSP
Softie68 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Softie68 supports Team VICIOUS
Softie68 is Legendary
If you ask nice you can have a certified Dye tech there too
Overlook Project Zero
Softie68 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups