Ramprat1972 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Ramprat1972 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Ramprat1972 supports Team VICIOUS
Ramprat1972 is for the Gunfight
Ramprat1972 plays in the APPA D4 division
Ramprat1972 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo_Kyle View Post
seriously why does it cost money to watch pros? ****ing high school girls basketball has more fans than paintball, should be free for players at least.
Have you ever paid to watch a peewee football game? No, I think not. But I'm pretty sure you have to buy a ticket to see the Colts, Packers, Bears play a game. Hence the reason it is called "PRO"

I am a player, have been a long time. I am always wanting cheaper stuff too, but certain things you should pay for. Thats business.
Ramprat1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 11:51 AM #86
***MINIONS*** (Banned)
Dustin Hobbs

***MINIONS*** plays in the USPL
***MINIONS*** plays in the PSP
***MINIONS*** owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
***MINIONS*** supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramprat1972 View Post
Have you ever paid to watch a peewee football game? No, I think not. But I'm pretty sure you have to buy a ticket to see the Colts, Packers, Bears play a game. Hence the reason it is called "PRO"

I am a player, have been a long time. I am always wanting cheaper stuff too, but certain things you should pay for. Thats business.
i see where both sides are coming from, but there are 2 ways of looking at it. organized sports such as football and baseball have stadiums sponsored by banks and huge businesses. they are in the business of making money and they CAN make money because they have been shown to have huge profit margins for decades.
on the other hand years ago the x games never charged a cent to come watch their sporting events. they would advertise the hell outta their event and have huge sponsors promoting where it was good for both sides, that being the x games and the sponsor. now in this present day the x games draws an insanely big crowd and can pretty much charge what they want.
fact of the matter is nppl can do what they want, but if there is no market for watching paintball why charge? once the stadiums start getting packed and people flood the areas by the thousands or even hundreds then hell yes, make a dollar off of that.
***MINIONS*** is offline   Reply With Quote