PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-29-2011, 11:56 AM #1
Blackmagic86
MSU Ballers ?

Nerve setting for optimum performance

I recently got a nerve and used it last weekend. I loved it, but i noticed a little shot inconsistency as well as inability to get to peak fps for my field. I am wondering for setting the regulator (hybrid sparta) at 200-220 psi what should i set the dwell, recharge, and i guess ramping (not that that is as important) to to constantly shoot ropes at 280 fps. Also, if anyone has a manual or instructions on how to properly disassemble a sparta reg that would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Red or Dead Hell Survivors Michigan Monster Game

God Bless America

WTB NERVE PARTS!!!!
Blackmagic86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-29-2011, 05:26 PM #2
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
I'm probably not the best qualified person to talk about Nerve tuning - I'm happy to get the thing working and call it good! However, I'm sure that you'll agree that getting the marker running at full velocity is as good a start as any - fine tuning and experimenting with different combinations of settings can come afterwards.

With that in mind, the one thing that you haven't actually mentioned above is the LPR pressure, so I am not sure how you have it adjusted, but there is a fair chance that if your dwell and HPR pressure are set sensibly, your LPR pressure may be too low.

Unlike with some marker designs, were the basis of LPR tuning is just to get the bolt to cycle reliably at the lowest pressure, with rammer and poppet markers such as the Nerve (or hammer and poppet for that matter) , you need more than the bare minimum cycling pressure. The LPR pressure has to propel the rammer up to a velocity where it has enough impact energy to open the valve enough to achieve good air flow. Doesn't matter how long your dwell is, if the valve only barely opens, you'll not have good air flow, acceleration of the ball will be very gradual, and your velocity will be low despite sensible HPR pressures and long dwell times. Irrespective of your other settings, your LPR pressure has to be high enough to knock the valve open.

So, a good initial approach to setting up your marker would be to set the dwell correctly for whichever solenoid you have (on average, a Humphrey solenoid requires longer dwell times than a Parker), set the HPR pressure within the recommended range (Smart Parts state 200-280psi, with 230psi being considered the average, but many people set their Nerves lower than this), and then adjust the LPR pressure until you have full velocity. That way you know that the LPR pressure is in the right ball park. From there you can fine tune your settings 'til you have them just how you want them.

Last edited by Uziel Gal : 10-04-2011 at 04:11 PM.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:48 AM #3
vendetta333
Pi Technologies

first and foremost.... check the battery! should be number one! then set the lpr to factory suggested then set the hpr to 200psi above that, and then fiddle with the dwell. and then if that doesen't work, mess with the hpr pressure and dwell combinations.
vendetta333 is offline   Reply With Quote