PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-21-2011, 03:51 PM #1
Chuwbi
1 L()V3 P8n7|34ll

Chuwbi plays in the APPA D4 division
Proto PM8 HPR Pressure?

i'm fixing a Proto PM8 for a friend of mine and in the manual it says that the HPR should be at 185 PSI to reach 285 FPS.

I set the reg at 185 PSI and the velocity would not go past 260 FPS.
In order to reach 285 FPS i had to set the reg at 220 PSI. Is this normal?
Advertisement
Old 06-21-2011, 05:13 PM #2
nevekd128

its a combo of the dwell setting hpr and lpr that will reflect velocity. on a bone stock non broken in marker that may be true but a higher hpr isnt a problem unless you start blowing out the tophat orings....then the hpr is too high.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:01 PM #3
-Z3R0-

-Z3R0- donated to help Peyton Trent
It'll also depend on how the paint fits in your barrel. If you're massively overboring then you're wasting air and will need to increase pressure/dwell to get up to velocity. I guess that would also be true for very extreme underboring, but at that point I'd be more worried about the paint busting in the barrel if there's enough drag to slow the ball down rather than create a tight seal and help it accelerate better, which underboring usually results in. Considering the stock PM8 barrel is a .690, and how small paint is now (I've had paint roll through a .679 insert)... that's very likely an issue you're experiencing.
-Z3R0- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:17 AM #5
poopresearch
Dr Nick

poopresearch plays in the PSP
poopresearch supports DLX Technology
Quote:
It'll also depend on how the paint fits in your barrel. If you're massively overboring then you're wasting air and will need to increase pressure/dwell to get up to velocity. I guess that would also be true for very extreme underboring, but at that point I'd be more worried about the paint busting in the barrel if there's enough drag to slow the ball down rather than create a tight seal and help it accelerate better, which underboring usually results in. Considering the stock PM8 barrel is a .690, and how small paint is now (I've had paint roll through a .679 insert)... that's very likely an issue you're experiencing.
This!! I'm looking to get my UL back bored out for freak inserts.