PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-26-2011, 06:13 PM #337
Bill Watterson
Krampus

He must hate me cuz of my religious moral skepticism rofl idiots these days
"If we were to apply the unmodified, uncurbed, rules of the micro-cosmos (i.e., of the small band or troop, or of, say, our families) to the macro-cosmos (our wider civilization), as our instincts and sentimental yearnings often make us wish to do, we would destroy it. Yet if we were always to apply the rules of the extended order to our more intimate groupings, we would crush them. So we must learn to live in two sorts of worlds at once."
-
Friedrich Hayek

"As for me, I will punch anyone who calls me a conservative in the nose. I am a radical."
-
Frank Chodorov
Bill Watterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 06:31 PM #338
Treghc

Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overbear View Post
Funny thing is I did post one of the many many links to said article, and some of you dip****s are STILL *****ing...and people wonder why I hate religous people.
Or it's your inability to explain your illogical reasoning because you have tough guy syndrome. You have failed to even respond to my posts - most likely it's an inability to rationally explain yourself around them. And then you fall back on hating religious people, making a vast assumption about those questioning you. You're amazing.

It's all good and well that you finally posted a link to back your statement, but even when that being done, you continue to blame others for your own lack of action. This is a very elementary thing when presenting an idea; you back your idea with supporting evidence so that others can be swayed to believe in it. Otherwise, why would you be giving out the idea in the first place? Stop blaming others for your own laziness (and start learning the English language).

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 01:20 AM #339
JOHNNY G
little rainbow bomb

JOHNNY G donated to help Peyton Trent
JOHNNY G owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
JOHNNY G supports DLX Technology
JOHNNY G supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shemp 5 View Post
born gay... simple as that. I've talked to enough gay people and they all say they are born gay and it was not a choice
Smart guy

"Originally posted by "Codypbnation: You really are a dick Johnny"
JOHNNY G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:06 PM #340
marcozombie

Yes, yes they are.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:14 AM #341
da oreo

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Yes, no and no.
(wait let me finish)

(yes)
I do believe that there are some human beings that are inherently born gay. Their attraction to the same sex is soo deeply ingrained into who they are that they can't help it. You see it with some religious people all the time. Guy is gay, knows it's a sin (in his own eyes) and then decides to go to a degayification class thing. Class doesnt work and so he does the following.
1. Get married to a straight chick but tries to suppress it.
Look at bachman's husband, dude is gayer than... well let's just say he's gay but probably doesnt want to be. I guess slim pickings in Minnesota or he's the only one to marry her crazy *** but i digress.
2. Guy lives out his life as a gay individual.
3. Kills himself

(NO)
Second i believe that due to the fact that humans are highly cognitive beings we also have the ability to dictate curtain aspects of our life. If a woman dates 100 guys and each time they break up with her and then she dates a person of the same sex and it is a success. She has the cognitive ability to take control of her life and decide, well this works so im going to stick with this. She still may like the "D" so to speak but the stability in the relationship could override that. Eventually she builds a sexual attraction towards women. So not born gay but turns gay.
Similar situation is in american jails where straight men may engage in homosexual behaviors. They go in straight and come out gay. Does it mean that they would have turned gay if they didnt go to jail, who knows but my guess would probably be no.
And you could argue that jail behavior isnt truly "gay" but it takes some kind of sexual attraction to get an errection when you see a man's hairy ***. And if two men in jail having sex isnt gay then i dont know what is. By repeatedly engaging in that behavior they could develop a physical sexual attraction towards men that follows them out of prison. Some guys also go in straight, act gay in jail and then act straight out of jail.

(No)
This one is very shaky but it deals with cases of child abuse which creates an identity crisis with the victim. Basically children who are abused may develop an idenitity problem psychologically and may show very strong homosexual sexual tendencies. This third one doesnt really answer your question but if we are to fully understand what makes people "gay or act gay" we cannot leave a single stone unturned.

TL;DR
yes - some people come out of the womb and are like hey, im gay (most common)
no - were cognitive beings, we can dictate our lifestyles (see examples above, happens under circumstances)
no - Sexual identity crisis created by a traumatic event at an early age. (rare but happens)
da oreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 03:21 PM #342
Carnage88

Quote:
Originally Posted by da oreo View Post
Yes, no and no.
(wait let me finish)

(yes)
I do believe that there are some human beings that are inherently born gay. Their attraction to the same sex is soo deeply ingrained into who they are that they can't help it. You see it with some religious people all the time. Guy is gay, knows it's a sin (in his own eyes) and then decides to go to a degayification class thing. Class doesnt work and so he does the following.
1. Get married to a straight chick but tries to suppress it.
Look at bachman's husband, dude is gayer than... well let's just say he's gay but probably doesnt want to be. I guess slim pickings in Minnesota or he's the only one to marry her crazy *** but i digress.
2. Guy lives out his life as a gay individual.
3. Kills himself

(NO)
Second i believe that due to the fact that humans are highly cognitive beings we also have the ability to dictate curtain aspects of our life. If a woman dates 100 guys and each time they break up with her and then she dates a person of the same sex and it is a success. She has the cognitive ability to take control of her life and decide, well this works so im going to stick with this. She still may like the "D" so to speak but the stability in the relationship could override that. Eventually she builds a sexual attraction towards women. So not born gay but turns gay.
Similar situation is in american jails where straight men may engage in homosexual behaviors. They go in straight and come out gay. Does it mean that they would have turned gay if they didnt go to jail, who knows but my guess would probably be no.
And you could argue that jail behavior isnt truly "gay" but it takes some kind of sexual attraction to get an errection when you see a man's hairy ***. And if two men in jail having sex isnt gay then i dont know what is. By repeatedly engaging in that behavior they could develop a physical sexual attraction towards men that follows them out of prison. Some guys also go in straight, act gay in jail and then act straight out of jail.

(No)
This one is very shaky but it deals with cases of child abuse which creates an identity crisis with the victim. Basically children who are abused may develop an idenitity problem psychologically and may show very strong homosexual sexual tendencies. This third one doesnt really answer your question but if we are to fully understand what makes people "gay or act gay" we cannot leave a single stone unturned.

TL;DR
yes - some people come out of the womb and are like hey, im gay (most common)
no - were cognitive beings, we can dictate our lifestyles (see examples above, happens under circumstances)
no - Sexual identity crisis created by a traumatic event at an early age. (rare but happens)
I really hate to strew from topic, but I had a hearty laugh and thought I'd share; also I agree with the poster I quoted.