Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2011, 11:13 AM #316
Overbear
#2 Anti Stim Club Member!
 
Overbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: San Leandro, CA
Overbear is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
I dont know why I am posting here with a bunch of closed minded religious zelots, but here we go...

Current medical science has shown a direct link betwene the shape of certan lobes in the brain, and homosexuality/hetrosexuality. Now they are currently in a 3rd gen study, should this study prove out as the past 2 have done. It will give us a very real direct link that people are BORN gay. Oddly this same study has already born out that serial killers are in fact born that way, their brain patterns and shapes tend to mean they will be killers.
__________________
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Thomas Jefferson

A democracy is, two wolves and a sheep voting on dinner.
A republic is, two sheep and a wolf voting on dinner.
A constitutional republic is, voting on dinner is expressly forbidden and the sheep are armed.

Armed gays don't get bashed - www.pinkpistols.org

ssgaR: 'faith is the path of least resistance'."

Rapier7: Don't be a douche
Overbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-21-2011, 07:48 PM #317
ProtoBaller1991
Come to VLN my child
 
ProtoBaller1991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chicago
ProtoBaller1991 donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overbear View Post
I dont know why I am posting here with a bunch of closed minded religious zelots, but here we go...

Current medical science has shown a direct link betwene the shape of certan lobes in the brain, and homosexuality/hetrosexuality. Now they are currently in a 3rd gen study, should this study prove out as the past 2 have done. It will give us a very real direct link that people are BORN gay. Oddly this same study has already born out that serial killers are in fact born that way, their brain patterns and shapes tend to mean they will be killers.
Boom Roasted
__________________
OG-Seven Deadly Sins
I do tv show things
320gb External Hard Drive F/S
My Instagram
ProtoBaller1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 01:40 AM #318
marcozombie
 
 
marcozombie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Tejas!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overbear View Post
I dont know why I am posting here with a bunch of closed minded religious zelots, but here we go...

Current medical science has shown a direct link betwene the shape of certan lobes in the brain, and homosexuality/hetrosexuality. Now they are currently in a 3rd gen study, should this study prove out as the past 2 have done. It will give us a very real direct link that people are BORN gay. Oddly this same study has already born out that serial killers are in fact born that way, their brain patterns and shapes tend to mean they will be killers.
you do realise that you make perfect sense, and because of that the bible thumpers with think your crazy
__________________
I am for freedom of religion, & against all maneuvres to bring about a legal ascendancy of one sect over another.]-- Thomas Jefferson, letter to Elbridge Gerry, 1799http://abaddoncomic.com/
marcozombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 01:52 AM #319
Bill Watterson
Black and Light
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Overbear isn't well-known because he presents rational arguments.
Bill Watterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 01:18 PM #320
Overbear
#2 Anti Stim Club Member!
 
Overbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: San Leandro, CA
Overbear is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcozombie View Post
you do realise that you make perfect sense, and because of that the bible thumpers with think your crazy
Of course, but hey, in the end if medical science holds up and this proves out as fact, then I...and many gay folk will be vindicated. It will prove beond doubt that their "god" made us this way...therefor the bible is wrong, therefor the premis of their faith is wrong, and they have wasted their lives believing in it all.

I love when you get to use someones own belief structure aganst them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Watterson View Post
Overbear isn't well-known because he presents rational arguments.
Reading fail.
__________________
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Thomas Jefferson

A democracy is, two wolves and a sheep voting on dinner.
A republic is, two sheep and a wolf voting on dinner.
A constitutional republic is, voting on dinner is expressly forbidden and the sheep are armed.

Armed gays don't get bashed - www.pinkpistols.org

ssgaR: 'faith is the path of least resistance'."

Rapier7: Don't be a douche
Overbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 04:37 PM #321
Bill Watterson
Black and Light
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
hey overbear why do you always fail to source your claims?
Bill Watterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 08:04 PM #322
wavesport001
 
 
wavesport001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The River
^ Weren't you banned?
__________________
"It is always better to have no ideas than false ones; to believe nothing, than to believe what is wrong." -Thomas Jefferson

"it really doesnt matter what you say on here. if there was truly evidence, it would come from a professor, not from a member on pbnation.com." - Anonymous poster
wavesport001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:00 PM #323
Bill Watterson
Black and Light
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Yeah lol. I got a 2 point infraction for writing haha tuff is banned.

You ever been banned forum-wide troll?
Bill Watterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 02:53 AM #324
Umami
"That guy"
 
Umami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Baltimore
Umami works for a Paintball manufacturer
Umami supports our troops
Bill- Why do you care if babies are born gay? Isn't it rather irrelevant to your philosophy on life?
__________________
Yeah, well, that's just like, your opinion, man.
I am affiliated with Lurker Paintball. My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of LurkerPB.
Umami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 09:09 AM #325
Overbear
#2 Anti Stim Club Member!
 
Overbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: San Leandro, CA
Overbear is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Watterson View Post
hey overbear why do you always fail to source your claims?
Because I feal it is not my job to post up the links, its YOUR job, as a youth, to do your own research and learn.

TL;DR Use google
__________________
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Thomas Jefferson

A democracy is, two wolves and a sheep voting on dinner.
A republic is, two sheep and a wolf voting on dinner.
A constitutional republic is, voting on dinner is expressly forbidden and the sheep are armed.

Armed gays don't get bashed - www.pinkpistols.org

ssgaR: 'faith is the path of least resistance'."

Rapier7: Don't be a douche
Overbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 10:56 AM #326
Drex17
Valar Morghulis
 
Drex17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ilium, NY
 has been a member for 10 years
Drex17 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overbear View Post
Because I feal it is not my job to post up the links, its YOUR job, as a youth, to do your own research and learn.

TL;DR Use google
no it's not, don't be lazy.
__________________
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."
Drex17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 12:26 PM #327
Treghc
 
 
Treghc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Seattle
Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Its so hard to take arguments seriously when they're told with such an infantile grasp of grammar and spelling. Then we're told to look up supporting evidence for the claims that they made.

Overbear, you need to do better with your reasoning.
__________________
“But men, they say a lot of foolish things. In the end, the only words I can find to believe in are mine." - Joe

Tarsier Slave


We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 07:55 PM #328
Overbear
#2 Anti Stim Club Member!
 
Overbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: San Leandro, CA
Overbear is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drex17 View Post
no it's not, don't be lazy.
It is, but here...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/20...nce.psychology

Talks about the study (tier 1) study done in late '07 and now published. Unfortunately the actual study has been pulled off line and is no longer available (at least at the site I use to refer it from)

There are several earlier studies done looking at scent and how brains process that, however there may be some flaws in that particular study so I discount it to the realm of 'interesting but not proof'. Right now I know of 3 studies going on that are all looking at brain patterning and lobe shape, that won't publish for another 2 years or so.

Now, all that said, anyone of you could have googled that just as easy as I did. Its pure absolute laziness on your part to cry "you have to quote XYZ" when its YOU that questions it, not I.
__________________
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Thomas Jefferson

A democracy is, two wolves and a sheep voting on dinner.
A republic is, two sheep and a wolf voting on dinner.
A constitutional republic is, voting on dinner is expressly forbidden and the sheep are armed.

Armed gays don't get bashed - www.pinkpistols.org

ssgaR: 'faith is the path of least resistance'."

Rapier7: Don't be a douche
Overbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 08:25 PM #329
Drex17
Valar Morghulis
 
Drex17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ilium, NY
 has been a member for 10 years
Drex17 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overbear View Post
Now, all that said, anyone of you could have googled that just as easy as I did. Its pure absolute laziness on your part to cry "you have to quote XYZ" when its YOU that questions it, not I.
backing up claims is how debates work in real life and on internet forums. it is NOT others jobs to back up and research your claims.
__________________
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."
Drex17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 09:58 PM #330
Treghc
 
 
Treghc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Seattle
Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overbear View Post
Now, all that said, anyone of you could have googled that just as easy as I did. Its pure absolute laziness on your part to cry "you have to quote XYZ" when its YOU that questions it, not I.
Wait... We're lazy because you didn't cite your claims, giving them no credibility whatsoever?



By those standards, it's the job of atheists to disprove the existence of God.
__________________
“But men, they say a lot of foolish things. In the end, the only words I can find to believe in are mine." - Joe

Tarsier Slave


We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 11:08 PM #331
Overbear
#2 Anti Stim Club Member!
 
Overbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: San Leandro, CA
Overbear is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drex17 View Post
backing up claims is how debates work in real life and on internet forums. it is NOT others jobs to back up and research your claims.
As I said, pure absolute lazyness, google works.
__________________
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Thomas Jefferson

A democracy is, two wolves and a sheep voting on dinner.
A republic is, two sheep and a wolf voting on dinner.
A constitutional republic is, voting on dinner is expressly forbidden and the sheep are armed.

Armed gays don't get bashed - www.pinkpistols.org

ssgaR: 'faith is the path of least resistance'."

Rapier7: Don't be a douche
Overbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 12:05 AM #332
Treghc
 
 
Treghc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Seattle
Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Selective reading at its finest, folks...
__________________
“But men, they say a lot of foolish things. In the end, the only words I can find to believe in are mine." - Joe

Tarsier Slave


We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 12:33 AM #333
Drex17
Valar Morghulis
 
Drex17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ilium, NY
 has been a member for 10 years
Drex17 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overbear View Post
As I said, pure absolute lazyness, google works.
I'm just gonna go ahead and assume you are such a tool that you will troll people who agree with you, you can't possibly be this broken in the head.
__________________
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."
Drex17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 02:28 AM #334
Bill Watterson
Black and Light
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umami View Post
Bill- Why do you care if babies are born gay? Isn't it rather irrelevant to your philosophy on life?
Care? I don't so much care, I'm more so interested in Caplan's work on the effects of parenting on long-term outcomes for their children.

My philosophy on life is quite simple: Be friendly, defend your family, friends, and property, and that the key to maximizing life's returns is conversation.


edit: Guy's, ignore Overbear. I mean, he could defend his views by linking and saying that's what I think. But he takes it a step further. He mentions a link, refuses to post it, and then calls you lazy even though he should have the link/study on hand since it gives him such a hard-on.

He told me it is my job as a "youth" to do my own research. Yeah. Cool.


Hey Overbear did you know it's 100% fact that illegal immigrants are a net benefit to the economy. If you stick to your word, and google Texas study on illegal immigrants, and San Fran Federal Reserve study, you'll see.




double edit: I wonder if Overbear doesn't look at links if you post them because he feels the need to do his own research?

Last edited by Bill Watterson : 06-26-2011 at 02:33 AM.
Bill Watterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:53 AM #335
Overbear
#2 Anti Stim Club Member!
 
Overbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: San Leandro, CA
Overbear is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Funny thing is I did post one of the many many links to said article, and some of you dip****s are STILL *****ing...and people wonder why I hate religous people.
__________________
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Thomas Jefferson

A democracy is, two wolves and a sheep voting on dinner.
A republic is, two sheep and a wolf voting on dinner.
A constitutional republic is, voting on dinner is expressly forbidden and the sheep are armed.

Armed gays don't get bashed - www.pinkpistols.org

ssgaR: 'faith is the path of least resistance'."

Rapier7: Don't be a douche
Overbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 11:27 AM #336
Drex17
Valar Morghulis
 
Drex17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ilium, NY
 has been a member for 10 years
Drex17 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overbear View Post
Funny thing is I did post one of the many many links to said article, and some of you dip****s are STILL *****ing...and people wonder why I hate religous people.
what does this have to do with religion? Nothing, it has to do with you being lazy and people calling you out on it.
__________________
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."

Last edited by Drex17 : 06-26-2011 at 11:30 AM.
Drex17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump