Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-23-2011, 10:07 AM #1
Jailescape

Craigslist Ads

I'm looking on craigslist right now & I'm finding a lot of good deals, with like packages & such. So what I'm going to is post the different bundles that I am mainly interested in & the prices to see if it's worth getting one over the other (if this is the wrong section, please move.)

1) Spider Sonic + VL Lancer
Comes with: "two 12 oz tanks two 22oz tanks and a 20 oz tank. also three hoppers and three pods and i got a spider eletric handle it has from 1 all the way to 6 shot burst" = $165

2) Spyder Sonix
Comes with: "2 24oz brand new co2 tanks, 1 9oz co2 tank, 4 pods 1 filled with paintballs, a hopper, 2 new paintball bags, stock barrel, and a cp .689 barrel. Also comes with new one time used mask. also comes with a cleaning kit and extra o-rings." = $100

3) Spyder Victor II + View Loader Triton II
Comes with: "two masks also. and Three Co2 tanks. Each has own barrel" = $150

Wanting to buy two markers so anyone can come out with me, but I'm buying another one today already, so I'm really interested in any good deal now.

Last edited by Jailescape : 06-23-2011 at 10:12 AM.
Jailescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 10:30 AM #2
Taylew

Taylew is playing at Living Legends VI
Taylew owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Taylew supports Team VICIOUS
Taylew posts videos on PbNation
Taylew has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
deal 2, the vl guns arnt very nice, and the victor doesnt even have a foregrip. Personally, 2 is the best for the money
Taylew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 10:32 AM #3
Nuked
Evol Genius

Nuked is playing at Living Legends V
Nuked posts videos on PbNation
Nuked supports Pev's Paintball
Nuked has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
Nuked is attending Decay of Nations VII
Not sure that there really is a right section for this. Mods will likely tell you that you need to do the research yourself. However as a freebie: I personally wouldn't put much purchasing power in the Co2 tanks... Most people use HPA (n2, or compressed air) as it is much more effecient and won't freeze your internals/reg on the way through when firing at higher rates. As for the guns themselves... I'm not partial to spyders, but if it's in your price range, and after doing some research in the BST forums here on what other spyders go for, as well as possibly on ebay, make a decision.
Nuked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 03:36 PM #4
Mephysteaux
Pronounced Meh-Fist-Oh

Mephysteaux owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Mephysteaux owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Honestly, I don't see any amazing deals on here. If you're going to a regular field, anyone who accompanies you can usually pick up a rental there, rather than you needing to drop cash on a second setup.

Take a look at something like this.. It's offering all the essentials you'd need to start playing except for pods and a packs, it's at the low end of the price range given, and you're getting it new from a reputable dealer.

Hellkatz present: Blues Brothers - May 11, 2013 - LVP South, Hatfield PA

Join Fitocracy, the free online social fitness game.
Mephysteaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 04:17 PM #5
neo2000x

neo2000x supports our troops
Deal 2 is the best and should be fine for recreation play. It's a mechanical marker and with the CP barrel should be plenty accurate. It's a good starter setup.

If you want a more advanced setup go with an electronic gun and get compressed air. But that's more $$.

When buying any used gear, check the dates on the tanks. Tanks are only good for 5 years before they need to be rehydro'd, and the cost of rehydro is more than a CO2 tank or Steel compressed air tank is worth. Also, I'd never count on a used mask. The mask is the most important piece of equipment you have so get one with a new lense. VForce Vantage is a great budget mask that won't fog.
neo2000x is offline   Reply With Quote