Community Focus

Old 06-13-2011, 04:35 PM #22
loldongs
I know the paintball

loldongs owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
loldongs owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
loldongs posts videos on PbNation
http://coralcraftuk.yolasite.com/res...hWMA_P1011.jpg

Last edited by loldongs : 06-13-2011 at 04:38 PM.
loldongs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-14-2011, 03:35 PM #23
Racso
It R go good w/ Pizza

Annual Supporting Member
Racso is playing at Living Legends V
Racso is playing at Living Legends VI
Racso is playing at Living Legends VII
Racso is Legendary
Top one is a juvenile Chocolate Surgeonfish (aka: mimic lemon peel surgeonfish) and the bottom one is a Lemon Peel Angelfish.

Again, my point is that to me, those fish look completely different. I know a lot about marine animals and identifying them goes further than general looks. If someone were to ask me which one was which, I would be able to tell the difference in no time. But ask yourself if you could do the same.

Now Imagine the same situation with someone who doesn't know anything about guns or paintball markers. The cannot reason that it is not a real gun based on the feedneck, macroline, reg., double trigger, or anything else that makes a paintball marker a marker, or a gun a gun.

That is why this law is so dangerous to PB. As it has been said, even if you can prove your case, you are doing so on your own dime. And as for "what cop would do this," plenty of times the 10 year old with the lemonade stand is closed down because she doesn't have a vendor license.

You cannot use common sense to reason with this, otherwise the whole thing wouldn't have been proposed at all!
Racso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 04:06 PM #24
MiniMaster423
Proud Luxe 2.0 Owner

Annual Supporting Member
MiniMaster423 plays in the PSP
MiniMaster423 plays in the APPA D5 division
MiniMaster423 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
MiniMaster423 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
MiniMaster423 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
MiniMaster423 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
actually unlike what nox said paintball did not originate as a war game it started with a few guys with tiny paint markers in the woods marking which trees should be cut down

and also nox bb guns would do alot more damage from 30 ft than any paintball gun

Last edited by MiniMaster423 : 06-14-2011 at 04:11 PM.
MiniMaster423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 07:15 PM #25
church313
Christ Krew#138

Annual Supporting Member
church313 is a Supporting Member
church313 supports Cereal Killerz 2
church313 donated to help Peyton Trent
church313 supports our troops
church313 plays in the APPA D5 division
church313 supports Empire
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagikF View Post
Valid point as we have been saying. If you require "imitation firearms" to be a bright color, what is to stop a criminal from making a real firearm look like an "imitation firearm"?

That was a good speech by Chuck Hendsch and Giovanni D'Egidio in regards to separating paintball from the bb and airsoft industry.

The last guy was awesome on how they were not transparent and this would not enhance public safety at all.
This already happened in Eastpointe, Michigan. It is just a few miles north of Detroit. The robber painted the tip of a real firearm the bright orange like in air soft.

Pb Rockstar . Lone Wolf Paintball . CRU Paintball . http://surplussupply.com
OldFeedback
church313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:33 PM #26
NoX13
WARNING: I Do Dumb ****!

NoX13 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMaster423 View Post
actually unlike what nox said paintball did not originate as a war game it started with a few guys with tiny paint markers in the woods marking which trees should be cut down

and also nox bb guns would do alot more damage from 30 ft than any paintball gun
the sport/hobby/game of paintball was originated as a war game, not the use of the equipment..

everyone (at least alot of people)knows paintball started as a way to mark cattle and trees... but someone decided, hey...lets shoot each other with these markers.. from there it caught on and became a war game, skirmish usa use to run 6x4 foot tall ads in time square when the sport first caught on (when they wore nothing but shop goggles) calling it the "friendly" war game and they even still do call it a war game" ( Whether you're a paintball expert or novice, the Pocono's have a paint ball war game challenge that you won't want to miss!" (seen here http://www.poconopaintball.com/ )

as well as a ton of others.. no matter what one person calls it its how its perceived.. and as i already said and will stick too.. "guns" = violent, shooting =violent, war = violent.. add it up anyway y like to many outside of the sport,hobby,game (and some inside) it will still = violent..

and as far as the 30 foot thing, it was an example, but im still willing to stick to the point of it..bb guns unless tampered with in most cases can not have the velocity adjusted.. paintball markers on the other hand can be adjusted,with nothing more then the turn of an external knob or an allen key.. crank it up more then required and the damage done becomes even greater..

most well know major brands (daisy ect) of bb guuns are made with a 400 fps max out or less...unless tampered with

feel free to prove me wrong though, measure out 30 feet and get shot with both and let us know if which one is worse , even at standard velocity for both..and after.. feel free to crank the paintball marker up as high as it can go and try again,while the bb gun stays at the un tampered velocity and let us know those results..after all you did say any paintball marker right?

My drinking team has a paintball problem.

**** you, **** you, Youre Cool, **** YOU!,
NoX13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:36 PM #27
cajunofficer

I get home from work and see that the same "brothers" who we were working with yesterday (paintball community) have betrayed us (airsoft community)?

Am I correct to understand that since you have gotten paintball (temporarily) protected that you are now going to actively turn against us?

What the F***? Do you seriously think that de Leon is going to allow paintball "guns" to continue to be legal indefinitely? He and those who are on his "side" of the issue want all firearms banned, including removing any semblance of a firearm culture.

Which of the following do you think he will be "gunning" for next:

If what I am reading on here is true, and the day does come when Senator deLeon tries to take your spot markers (most likely cause of another idiotic incident that he thinks he can capitalize on)...I'll be back here with vengeance in support of that bill.

Who wins? Not any of us. We need your support, now more than ever! If you don't like airsoft, mil-sim, or whatever, that's not the point...it's the principal that all of these "firearms" that are being targeted are not toys, and us who are responsible should not have to sacrifice our sport for those single individuals who behave irresponsibly.

BTW, just yesterday....you would have earnestly agreed with me.
cajunofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:45 PM #28
MiniMaster423
Proud Luxe 2.0 Owner

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoX13 View Post
the sport/hobby/game of paintball was originated as a war game, not the use of the equipment..

everyone (at least alot of people)knows paintball started as a way to mark cattle and trees... but someone decided, hey...lets shoot each other with these markers.. from there it caught on and became a war game, skirmish usa use to run 6x4 foot tall ads in time square when the sport first caught on (when they wore nothing but shop goggles) calling it the "friendly" war game and they even still do call it a war game" ( Whether you're a paintball expert or novice, the Pocono's have a paint ball war game challenge that you won't want to miss!" (seen here http://www.poconopaintball.com/ )

as well as a ton of others.. no matter what one person calls it its how its perceived.. and as i already said and will stick too.. "guns" = violent, shooting =violent, war = violent.. add it up anyway y like to many outside of the sport,hobby,game (and some inside) it will still = violent..

and as far as the 30 foot thing, it was an example, but im still willing to stick to the point of it..bb guns unless tampered with in most cases can not have the velocity adjusted.. paintball markers on the other hand can be adjusted,with nothing more then the turn of an external knob or an allen key.. crank it up more then required and the damage done becomes even greater..

most well know major brands (daisy ect) of bb guuns are made with a 400 fps max out or less...unless tampered with

feel free to prove me wrong though, measure out 30 feet and get shot with both and let us know if which one is worse , even at standard velocity for both..and after.. feel free to crank the paintball marker up as high as it can go and try again,while the bb gun stays at the un tampered velocity and let us know those results..after all you did say any paintball marker right?
actually its not only the velocity that matters cuz my bb gun can easily kill small game liek squirrels, rabbits, bird however my paintball gun cant
Old 06-15-2011, 01:46 PM #29
HeadHunter59
MidWest-Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
HeadHunter59 supports Cereal Killerz 2
HeadHunter59 donated to help Peyton Trent
HeadHunter59 is playing at Living Legends VII
HeadHunter59 supports Bob Gurnsey
HeadHunter59 supports our troops
HeadHunter59 is Immortal
A paintball could very well kill a bird,squirrel,chip monk.

a .68 paintball traveling at 300fps hitting one of these animals right in the lungs/throat/head could very well kill them.
Russian Legion Fan Club Member #169
Russian Legion Love Club#19
ASMC
∅♦♦♦∅ OldSchool Trust! +23/0/0∅♦♦♦∅ IOG Feedback +4/0/0∅♦♦♦∅
∅♦♦♦∅Monster Ninja SLP tank sale!∅♦♦♦∅]∅♦♦♦∅
HeadHunter59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 01:48 PM #30
MiniMaster423
Proud Luxe 2.0 Owner

Annual Supporting Member
not nearly as easily as a BB gun and i didnt see it at first but my bb gun didnt come anywhere close to 400fps its about 600-700
Old 06-15-2011, 08:24 PM #31
Paulxchox
Filming you cheat

Paulxchox is playing at Living Legends VI
Paulxchox owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Paulxchox supports Pev's Paintball
Paulxchox is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Paulxchox is Legendary
Paulxchox supports DLX Technology
I've shot a bird with a paintball gun at 30 feet an it was fine, granted it was hurt yes but fine. Now to your comparison about how a bb gun has less velocity as a paintball gun? Your numbers are drastically off. I can get you a big 5 sporting goods ad and find you atleast 3 pellet or bb guns that shoot over atleast 600 fps. Where a paintball gun at max chrono'd is ment to operate at less than or equal to 290 give or take depending on your field and their rules. You can stick to your argument about how a bb gun is somehow safer than a paintball gun but there's no way in hell I'll do more damage to someone from 30ft away with a paintball gun than I will with a bb gun. It defies the laws of physics. How can a large soft shelled object traveling almost 200-300 feet per second less do more damage than a lead based bb that is hard and smaller and is traveling at a velocity of 500+ feet per second. You have no argument because physics proved you wrong. As for this bill? It's bullsh** excuse my French but there are safety regulations for officers when approaching a suspect with a weapon. You can't just open fire on a citizen just because hes holding an object that looks like a gun. If a child was holding a banana to resemble a gun and an officer miss took it for a gun and fired upon him, do you think they'd try to ban bananas? No it's just incompetent police work trying to be covered up by some bs bill.
Houston Heat Fan Club #29
Nick Slowiak Fan#11
Konstantin Fedorov Fan#5

Ninjaclub
49 Reasons you're shipping first
Paulxchox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:26 PM #32
MiniMaster423
Proud Luxe 2.0 Owner

Annual Supporting Member
thank you for backing me up here
Old 06-16-2011, 06:21 PM #33
HeadHunter59
MidWest-Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
HeadHunter59 supports Cereal Killerz 2
HeadHunter59 donated to help Peyton Trent
HeadHunter59 is playing at Living Legends VII
HeadHunter59 supports Bob Gurnsey
HeadHunter59 supports our troops
HeadHunter59 is Immortal
About the animal thing.

Now you say you shot a bird. How long did you watch the bird to make sure it was fine. It could have very well died later from internal damage.

Also think of this. When you get shot at and you have a bleeding welt. Think what that does to animal of that size. Very well could does some internal damage.

Now back to the BB topic. Yes a BB is a lot more deadly then a paintball for sure there is no arguing that. Paintball is not going to do nearly as much harm to a human as a bb. BB/pellets(metal) will easily get into your skin/threw your skin depending where get hit and what FPS the BB/Pellet gun is shooting at.
Russian Legion Fan Club Member #169
Russian Legion Love Club#19
ASMC
∅♦♦♦∅ OldSchool Trust! +23/0/0∅♦♦♦∅ IOG Feedback +4/0/0∅♦♦♦∅
∅♦♦♦∅Monster Ninja SLP tank sale!∅♦♦♦∅]∅♦♦♦∅
HeadHunter59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 08:46 PM #34
MiniMaster423
Proud Luxe 2.0 Owner

Annual Supporting Member
yea i agree with you cuz my bb gun also shoots pellets so a pellet made for maximum impact damage and made out of like iron easily kills birds at around 650 fps