Wild Huntsman
El Presidente

Wild Huntsman owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Wild Huntsman posts videos on PbNation
Wild Huntsman is an NCPA player
Wild Huntsman plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muff Muff View Post
Ever heard of the Empire Intimidator? Bob Long made them, but Empire helped. The Mini was the first marker that Empire made by themselves, and it was only the first gens with problems.
as much as I love the Empire Intimidator, I believe you are a bit off. There were virtually no empire-made parts on the gun, and it was meant more as a team gun for empire-sponsored teams (which Bob Long's Oakland Assassins were [now Oakland Blast I believe]). Empire may have helped with the design of the milling, or provided artistic direction, but it was in no way an Empire-made gun. That'd be like jumping to the conclusion that Redz made/designed the Redz Ego. The Empire Intimidator wasn't anything like the Shocktech Intimidator, where any part that shocktech made an aftermarket version for was replaced with Shocktech parts (in fact, I'm pretty sure shocktech just produced the shocktech timmy under license from BL, as almost every part but the board, solenoid, and hoses was different).
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-12-2011, 10:31 PM #44
Muff Muff
Muff Muff OUT

Even then, it's not like Empire went from making only soft goods to jumping into the marker market head first. They had been around markers before.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:16 PM #45
AirSin2000
Tengoungato?

AirSin2000 supports Team VICIOUS
AirSin2000 posts videos on PbNation
AirSin2000 supports Empire
Simon actually designed the body for the first Empire Timmy while on his way to a meeting, thats how the first empire timmy came to.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:14 PM #46
apengue

they had been around markers before, but it was still their first marker they produced entirely from scratch with no outside help. as i said it was a first gen so it was to be expected.. and i didnt say all the minis were bad i said they werent 'consistently reliable' meaning they did have a higher than average batch of bad apples ''from what i hear''. lets see how the axe does.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:27 AM #47
osideracer1

Quote:
Originally Posted by apengue View Post
anyway shot my ion for the first time at the field in over 3 years friday night and it shot great!
i'm kinda on the same boat 'cept i have yet to shoot my Ion. I've been out of paintball for over 3 yrs. Trying to get my Ion up n running again before i plan my next paintball outing.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:10 AM #48
EMU247
:)

EMU247 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
EMU247 supports Team VICIOUS
EMU247 is an NCPA player
EMU247 plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Originally Posted by firebirdjimbo View Post
i ****ing love ions; they're cheap, you can mod the hell out of them, they have more parts and accessories than any other gun on the planet. with a qev these guns are faster than most out there. dm-pm 3/4/5/6/7 cannot go as fast as a ion because they have noids that max at 20-28bps depending on model. shockers and luxes aren't even as fast. and these little suckers are smooth, especially when tuned right or equipped with the right upgrades.
there is no way an ion qev will every be better then a DM/EGO/LUXE with a noid, never ever ever, all those guns will always be better then an ion
Old 06-14-2011, 12:52 PM #49
apengue

Quote:
Originally Posted by osideracer1 View Post
i'm kinda on the same boat 'cept i have yet to shoot my Ion. I've been out of paintball for over 3 yrs. Trying to get my Ion up n running again before i plan my next paintball outing.
yeah i gotta admit i was scared airing it up the first time. i had just cleaned and lubed everything including the reg and the noid. (didnt lube the noid). i thought maybe after all this time an oring or something might have deteriorated but thankfully it shot fine and i was more than happy having to spend 0$ just a little time and effort
Old 06-14-2011, 05:29 PM #50
FritoBandito
I like to party

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMU247 View Post
there is no way an ion qev will every be better then a DM/EGO/LUXE with a noid, never ever ever, all those guns will always be better then an ion
Ya very true, but it is also a fact the ion can KEEP up in competitive play, do it all the time, but yes, I would rather shoot an Angel 1 fly, or an Ego then a ion, but doesn't mean I can't have my fair share of owning other players , and no way would an ion qev be better then any of those guns, period.

"Roads? where were going, we don't need roads" -Back To The Future
Old 06-14-2011, 07:32 PM #51
apengue

Quote:
Originally Posted by FritoBandito View Post
and no way would an ion qev be better then any of those guns, period.
you are so wrong my friend.. so wrong.. loll

ive always wanted an ego its been on my wishlist for a while. its just quality, feels really nice in the hands, super light and efficient. robust too. one dayyyy
Old 06-15-2011, 01:12 AM #52
KIngOfjoos45

KIngOfjoos45 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
KIngOfjoos45 supports Team VICIOUS
KIngOfjoos45 is for the Gunfight
Ok guys people dont like ions for one reason the price tag dp has the same problems the rev-i is 850 out the door but the rev-i shoots way better the dms and egos and a lot pf others but because its so cheap its a peice of crap to some ions shoot just as well as pmrs eteks g3s etc. But new there 140 which causes people to be a little bit nervous about them and they whole smart parts is gone we cant get parts thing is a bad rumor sp estimated to have enough parts to buil nearly 500ions in stock at the time they didnt vanish deathwish dw alone has 15banjos and a similar number of noids gog will also make parts for purchase soon cause guess wat the extc gun is an ion with a better looming stock body kit lets face it so people need to get over the no parts idea and the your 100 gun can not shoot as well as my 1200ego when in reality the ego feels like an ak and shoots looser groups then a shotgun all of thos coming from a luxe owner

If the person on the other end of your gun does not walk away from the game eagerly anticipating the next game because of your actions, you have failed as a paintballer. Put this in your sig to help spread the word.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:17 AM #53
civicmanman

civicmanman owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
civicmanman is for the Gunfight
I Own Lots Of Guns Luxe Dye Bob Long And There All Out Standing But Temprimental My Ion
Old 06-15-2011, 10:21 AM #54
civicmanman

civicmanman is for the Gunfight
Sorry About That. The Ion Is The Only Gun That U Can Just Abuse And It Keeps Working Dont Use It Often But Rain Mud Cold **** I May Lube It Twice In The Two Years Since I Got It And It Never Fails I Pull It Out And It Shoots As Though It Was Brand New It May Be Looked Down Uppon For One Reason Or Another But Its One Gun I Wont Get Rid Of
Old 06-15-2011, 10:41 AM #55
apengue

I don't know what it is with you two, but your posts don't make any sense
Old 06-15-2011, 01:03 PM #56
Lt. Tank
What would you ask God ?

Lt. Tank owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
well...maybe its just me been old and not wanting to spend 1500 on a luxe (the best out there for me besides de 2.1 geo ...for Xball) but I keep shooting my Ion every single weekend and toruny we play at, and it keep shooting 12.5 bps at 150psi very straight , very consistent and very well....
if you like it ...great ...and if you donīt maybe my cheap, ugly , 3rd world class ion might end up kicking your EGO-NT-ETEK-GEO a$$ from time to time.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:53 PM #57
pdc7897

Try walking in with an Autococker. I swear its like half the kids in there havent even heard of them. Wait what? moving parts outside of the gun? My mother says thats dangerous.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:15 PM #58
Muff Muff
Muff Muff OUT

I remember playing with my friends Trilogy. I always thought the sound they made was like a bass beat to a rave: "pun-ce ka pun-ce ka pun-ce ka."
Old 06-15-2011, 08:19 PM #59
Syphorus

So much hate for the ion.. Sometimes I wonder why people spend so much time trying to make it look so bad....
Truely if you feel the Ion is so terrible don't you think it would have killed itself off.

Now the mere fact that people have to rage about how much they suck would only lend me to believe they are upset about spending so much money on a more expensive gun only to realize it didn't do anything better performance wise.

Just my two cents....
Old 06-15-2011, 08:35 PM #60
tippmannrocker90
Git-R-Done!

tippmannrocker90 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
tippmannrocker90 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I have two mech autocockers and love the looks that I get when I switch over.. so many new players don't even know what they are

Tri State Mafia
Slaying many in the name of the smoking skull
Proudly sponsored by COUSINS PAINTBALL
Like Us on FACEBOOK
https://www.facebook.com/#!/TSMPaintball
Old 06-15-2011, 09:41 PM #61
nerve2030

Quote:
Originally Posted by tippmannrocker90 View Post
I have two mech autocockers and love the looks that I get when I switch over.. so many new players don't even know what they are
i get that all the time first with the ion because i have lucky body and element frame it is often mistaken for a nt or other such spoolie. then i pull out one of my nerves and NOBODY knows what they are. Some times the cocker get recognized but the little kids are pretty oblivious.
Old 06-17-2011, 07:02 AM #62
tippmannrocker90
Git-R-Done!

tippmannrocker90 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
tippmannrocker90 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
My one cocker is an ANS gx-4 so most of these new players have never seen one, the other is an old black magic. My favorite though was when I was using my old 98c w/ flatline and after the game one of the players asked me if it was a shotgun...
I wish i could find a lucky body for my ion...

Tri State Mafia
Slaying many in the name of the smoking skull
Proudly sponsored by COUSINS PAINTBALL
Like Us on FACEBOOK
https://www.facebook.com/#!/TSMPaintball
Old 06-17-2011, 02:10 PM #63
FritoBandito
I like to party

Yeah times are sure a changing...I might just buy an angel ir3 just because they are so cheap now, and that's the marker I always wanted when I started paintball, ha yeah and I remember ANS autocockers, those are sick gats...might look into those to...of course they would be a back up to my ion

"Roads? where were going, we don't need roads" -Back To The Future
Closed Thread