Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-13-2011, 01:31 PM #22
UR A DEAD MAN APPLES
That one guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by raehl View Post
Do you play in the woods?

How fun would a scenario game be if everyone was using a neon orange paintball gun that anyone can see from 200 yards away?

Hunters wear blaze orange for a reason. Making everyone carry something that's a bright color really does change the game.

- Chris
I have a chrome marker and do just fine in the woods. It's uncouth to blame the color of your marker on being spotted in the woods. The human eyes don't look for colors, they are looking for a human shape.

On topic: I agree with doochnikka™ that the letter looks like something a 12 year old drummed up. If I was the recipient of that letter I wouldn't take it very seriously because of the childish language and explanation of the sport. Lest not also mention it makes out like paintball players are doing the complete opposite of the supposed image we as a community have striven to achieve as a sport and not "play war."

If I am understanding the situation correctly they are simply after making the tip of the barrel orange or another bright color. Paintball guns do look like real guns and telling the world that you call them markers because you don't want them to be thought of as guns then opposing a bill to require a small visual distinction made to make them look less like real firearms seems highly hypocritical.

If you submit that letter then you are, for all intents and purposes, calling paintball a war simulation and setting everything we've worked towards for the past 30 years back to square one.

If this bill is failed to pass I fear that it will result in harsher bills require age limits, licenses, and taxes placed on paintball gun ownership. So, by all means send this in and doom paintball to failure.

Last edited by UR A DEAD MAN APPLES : 06-13-2011 at 01:48 PM.
UR A DEAD MAN APPLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-13-2011, 01:59 PM #23
fightfightfight

fightfightfight is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by doochnikka™ View Post
Whoever dummied up that letter wrote it like a child.
I just finally read that template letter and wow. I mean its starts out pretty good until:

"Paintball is a great team sport that gets me outside playing with my friends instead of sitting inside watching TV, playing videogames or surfing the internet. It’s great exercise and allows me to be active instead of just playing with a controller."

Makes it sound like all paintball players are 12 years old or younger after that point. It doesn't make any meaningful "adult" observations/comments about the effects of the bill after that. I think we would be hurting the cause by sending that poorly thought out letter. Of course I doubt anyone will read them anyway.
fightfightfight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:41 PM #24
Tom Sparkman

Tom Sparkman owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by UR A DEAD MAN APPLES View Post
If I am understanding the situation correctly they are simply after making the tip of the barrel orange or another bright color.
No, this is the text from the bill:

"A device where the entire exterior surface of the
device is white, bright red, bright orange, bright yellow, bright
green, bright blue, bright pink, or bright purple, either singly or
as the predominant color in combination with other colors in any
pattern, as provided by federal regulations governing imitation
firearms, or where the entire device is constructed of transparent or
translucent materials which permits unmistakable observation of the
device's complete contents, as provided by federal regulations
governing imitation firearms."

Tom
Tom Sparkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:27 PM #25
UR A DEAD MAN APPLES
That one guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Sparkman View Post
No, this is the text from the bill:

"A device where the entire exterior surface of the
device is white, bright red, bright orange, bright yellow, bright
green, bright blue, bright pink, or bright purple, either singly or
as the predominant color in combination with other colors in any
pattern
, as provided by federal regulations governing imitation
firearms, or where the entire device is constructed of transparent or
translucent materials which permits unmistakable observation of the
device's complete contents, as provided by federal regulations
governing imitation firearms."

Tom
Read the entire text next time.
UR A DEAD MAN APPLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:33 PM #26
SKI008
Fear my Join Date

has been a member for 10 years
He did, you're the one who has it wrong.

"Predominant color" does not mean "The tip of my barrel is orange and the rest of the gun is black so I'm fine" like you suggested in your previous post. At best the way it is currently worded means you could have black (or other colored) accents as long as the main body is white, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, pink, or purple but the wording "predominant color in combination" is open to interpretation and even black accents might be enough to be in violation of the law in the eyes of someone.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:15 PM #27
shortay!!!
I did NOT join in 2008

shortay!!! owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
shortay!!! owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampager2000 View Post
It is possible to make a "cover" for guns. I did this for my old light blue shocker and it worked like a charm.
Exactly.

Proud Rebel Baller
Take care of yourselves; take care of your friends and your family. If you love someone, tell them. If you have a dream, chase it down. Life is too short and too unpredictable to wait until tomorrow.
Goodbye, Jason. We miss you already.
R.I.P.
shortay!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:31 PM #28
AmazingBilldo
I..... win?

i wont lie, i am truly surprised this hasn't happened already in california. you guys sure get screwed when it comes to extremists.....

its even worse when it's public officials trying to "save the world". anybody else feel like they're being told they are too dumb to own something?

"...I had to be at that there crossroads last midnight, to sell my soul to the devil."
"Well ain't it a small world, spiritually speaking? Pete and Delmar just been baptized and saved. I guess I am the only one here that remains unaffiliated."

Cocker parts for sale:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3735953
AmazingBilldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:09 PM #29
n00bium

I wonder what's going to be next, no more black cell phones? wallets? glasses? Next thing you know, we'll have to wear bright spandex overalls every time we're in public. I swear, CA has some of the dumb-est laws/politicians.
n00bium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:28 PM #30
TheNegotiator
The Negotiator

As A police officer, this bill is sending the wrong message about brightly colored weapons. See below. Any real weapon can be duracoated to be any color and/or pattern. This bill will not make any kind of positive change.

http://www.houtsenterprises.net/dur_electric.html

Bottom line is if someone pulls a firearm on a police officer, an orange tip/bright color may not make a difference, especially with real weapons like the ones above out there.

Real or Fake boys and girls? Shoot or don't shoot officers?
and Paintball Sports and Supply in Maryland And Commissioned Credentials.

Commissioned Credentials
Paintball Sports & Supply
Tyrell Corporation LLC Website TYRELL FACEBOOK
TheNegotiator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:04 PM #31
dr. j. h. gerbert
Mob Paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNegotiator View Post
As A police officer, this bill is sending the wrong message about brightly colored weapons. See below. Any real weapon can be duracoated to be any color and/or pattern. This bill will not make any kind of positive change.

http://www.houtsenterprises.net/dur_electric.html

Bottom line is if someone pulls a firearm on a police officer, an orange tip/bright color may not make a difference, especially with real weapons like the ones above out there.

Real or Fake boys and girls? Shoot or don't shoot officers?
this. I have cousins in california who are detectives and I fear for them and their colleagues if this bill passes - they may inadvertently be lulled into a false sense of security when they see a weapon that its neon colored. I don't think that most cops are THAT dumb but after a long day, things happen.