Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-02-2011, 08:24 AM #64
Tim Kuykendall
Texas Renegades

Friday on field #2 the ref used a whistle. That helped, but Saturday they didn't.

How about a simple hand held air horn?
Advertisement
Old 06-02-2011, 10:07 AM #65
jarude
Blackout

jarude plays in the PSP
jarude plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Kuykendall View Post
Friday on field #2 the ref used a whistle. That helped, but Saturday they didn't.

How about a simple hand held air horn?
This would be nice. It was rather hard to hear on Saturday and sunday.
2011 NPPL DC Challenge 1st Place / Chicago Open 2nd Place/Las Vegas Championship 2nd Place
Blackout 2010 NPPL D4-5 Man Series Champions
jarude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:38 PM #66
Kaolinite
+-----------+

scrap pro-d1-d2-d3-d4-d5

go back to true paintball.
10 man open-novice divisions

people pay $$$$ to play NPPL events because it is a legitimate national league. The people will play any format, as long as it does not include ramping/sideline coaching.

MISSION PAINTBALL CLUB
Kaolinite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 07:57 AM #67
IplayforRelentless
Quit changing my avatar!

IplayforRelentless is BST Trusted
IplayforRelentless is a Paintball photographer
IplayforRelentless supports our troops
IplayforRelentless is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
IplayforRelentless is attending Decay of Nations VI
I keep saying they need to bring back 10 man, even though it's a dead format, now. I would like to see D1 teams having to play a pro team at least once, help them gain some experience for the teams that are thinking about making the jump from D1 to Pro. They did that at Vegas last year, although I think that was more because of scheduling conflicts.
"Originally posted by -|2ain: Ima kill Dieing to live when he gets back! THEY MADE ME DO A RECTAL EXAM!!!! A ****ING RECTAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!"
"Originally posted by tremis: I love the self righteousness of the photographers with the claim that they "created" a photograph. Delusional at all? The law may ignorantly side with the photographer, but the subject has done the vast majority of the work and they dont get any credit/royalties."
I take hipster photos on Instagram - @hobbesthetiger
NJ Devils MN Wild MN Twins Chi Cubs IA Hawkeyes
IplayforRelentless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 05:10 PM #68
Tim Kuykendall
Texas Renegades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Gray View Post
My ID was not even looked at when I got my player ID. I could have ben Billy bob and played division 4... The entire process was a joke and is clearly a money grubbing operation. They are getting an extra 400 plus dollars from each team.

This was the worst national event I have ever seen. The NPPL has huge improvements to make in order to not look like a glorified regional series.
So, thats my ticket to getting on the Texas Storm! Woo Hoo. I knew that eventually I would find a way to get my 49 yo carcuss on the team.

LOL just kidding Ryan.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:32 AM #69
pbmenace
Kill for DVS

pbmenace owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
pbmenace supports Pev's Paintball
pbmenace plays in the APPA beginner division
pbmenace has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Florida needs a event.. we always had one since NPPL started... why not now?
pbmenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:15 PM #70
Tim Kuykendall
Texas Renegades

OK,
Working on the draft letter to the NPPL. I will post it in a new section next week. A will try to link a poll to it but I need someone electronically smarter than me to help.
Old 06-11-2011, 09:40 PM #71
Ryan Gray

has been a member for 10 years
Ryan Gray is a Professional paintball player
Ryan Gray plays in the APPA D3 division
I had great conversation with Pev and Tom at d-day, they are working hard to fix many of the issues being discussed in this thread. They are watching and taking notice of this discussion..
Ryan Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:12 AM #72
Paul@CPX

Annual Supporting Member
Paul@CPX is an Ultimate field/store owner
Paul@CPX is playing at Living Legends III
Paul@CPX is playing at Living Legends V
Paul@CPX is playing at Living Legends VI
Paul@CPX is playing at Living Legends VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkepp™ View Post
they were clearing saving their grass for the psp event, last year was so much better field wise then then what had appeared like they scrapped together for the two fields this year.
Completely untrue. The NPPL was given access to any piece of grass at CPX that wanted. However the vendors complained last year that they wanted to be closer to the Living Legends event, which inturn made it necessary for the fields to be closer to the vendors. Also, setting up the main vendor walk-way on asphalt and/gravel was done to avoid a very muddy situation if it rained. The other option would have been to move everything further east which would have meant a lot of walking, upset vendors, and not much interaction with the 1,200 plus players at Living Legends.

Flying into Chicago is competitive rate-wise with any other major city, with 2 major airports with hundreds of flights in and out everyday. It's typically more expensive to fly into smaller airports where flights and routes are scarce than it is to a major air-hub like Chicago. Please also keep in mind that Chicago is centrally located making more convenient for everyone than most location, cutting down on cross country (expensive) flights - think NY to CA.

Regarding paintball in the city of Chicago, impossible. It'd illegal within city limits. Regarding another location, ask the PSP players how that worked out last year. Regarding the grass length, if asked, CPX would have been more than happy to mow to any length desired. I'm familiar with some of the particulars and can tell you running an event like HB costs considerably more money to put on than an event like this past one in Chicago. For the league to survive and grow, it needs to generate enough income to pay for next year's events.

Check us out:
www.cpxsports.com

Often imitated, never duplicated.

Last edited by Paul@CPX : 06-13-2011 at 07:46 AM.
Paul@CPX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:27 PM #73
Tim Kuykendall
Texas Renegades

Paul,
Great points. It clearly shows there are always other factors to consider and some things have to be done to accomidate the bigger picture.

Thanks for the input.

Ryan,
Thats great news! First, thanks for taking the time to discuss the issues with them that are being discussed here, as well as pointing them to the thread. It's encouraging that both Pev and Tom are aware of "valid" concerns and are giving consideration to some of the issues mentioned. As long as suggestions are practical, cost effective and improve the final product all we can ask of anyone is they give them consideration. Thanks again.

Last edited by Tim Kuykendall : 06-13-2011 at 12:30 PM.
Tim Kuykendall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:50 PM #74
Tim Kuykendall
Texas Renegades

Let me clarify “valid” before everyone starts blasting me. When I started the thread it was with the intention of improving the tournaments and series. Changing or adding venues is not really an improvement; it really falls into a growth issue. So again I encourage anyone with suggestions to exclude those that suggest moving the event locations or where to play. Improvements that make the tournaments and games more efficient and enjoyable are what our focus should be on. It’s easy to complain about an issue, but I encourage everyone to offer a practical, cost efficient solution to any issue or suggestion they raise.

Sometimes there are no cost effective but necessary changes and those are also valid points.

Please avoid assuming facts and making statements unless you know the facts for sure. I think Paul’s reply above is a good example of knowing all the facts and why the decisions were made to place the field were it was placed. After reading Paul’s post I see now why the field was placed were it was.

With that said, making adjustments to the field in Chicago, I would suggest that pre-planning the field location and vendor area occur much sooner to allow the field to be prepared, leveled and filled, where necessary, and rotated, if possible.

As with anything in life, as long as we are learning lessons and improving were good. It’s when we have the lessons and continue to make the same mistakes that we should be concerned. That’s not poor planning, that’s poor learning.

Last edited by Tim Kuykendall : 06-13-2011 at 12:52 PM.
Tim Kuykendall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:30 PM #75
T.Scruggs
Hardwork

T.Scruggs plays in the APPA D4 division
D4 7man $1,000 entry PER EVENT. I could field a team for the entire season at that price for entry, and attend quality practices to boot, I know very selfish, but I play in an area that is XBALL/5MAN heavy, and I am a HUGE fan of the 7man format and would like to see it grow, and that begins with developing lower ranks and attracting new players/teams.

Last edited by T.Scruggs : 06-13-2011 at 05:43 PM.
T.Scruggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:33 PM #76
hscpaintballa

Annual Supporting Member
hscpaintballa plays in the PSP
hscpaintballa is playing at Living Legends VI
hscpaintballa owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
hscpaintballa supports Team VICIOUS
hscpaintballa plays in the APPA D3 division
hscpaintballa supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Scruggs View Post
D4 7man $1,000 Entry. I could field a team for the entire season at that price for entry, and attend quality practices to boot, I know very selfish, but I play in an area that is XBALL/5MAN heavy, and I am a HUGE fan of the 7man format and would like to see it grow, and that begins with developing lower ranks and attracting new players/teams.
You cannot field ANY team for national events for less than $1000 for a season. PSP is $1000 entry for d4 5man.... u do the math.

KPS PAINTBALL
hscpaintballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 05:42 PM #77
T.Scruggs
Hardwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by hscpaintballa View Post
You cannot field ANY team for national events for less than $1000 for a season.PSP is $1000 entry for d4 5man.... u do the math.
Obviously.... You misunderstood my post. It's OK.

for 1,000 in entry per event, if a D4 division was created and was 7man, I could field a team based on that entry fee for a season, of course you'll need more than 1,000 to play an event, never said 1,000 for the season to run a team
Old 06-13-2011, 10:40 PM #78
sliverclan
Reppin Da 505

sliverclan plays in the PSP
sliverclan plays in the APPA D1 division
Here's a suggestion: DONT LET HIGH RANKING MANAGEMENT PLAY IN EVENTS.

...and Scruggs thats the dumbest sig i've ever seen. Lasoya also said .50 cal was the future of paintball and that the loader made by draxxus was going to be "revolutionary".
911andcigs.com
NMPB
LISTEN TO WU-TANG
sliverclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:45 PM #79
T.Scruggs
Hardwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliverclan View Post
Here's a suggestion: DONT LET HIGH RANKING MANAGEMENT PLAY IN EVENTS.

...and Scruggs thats the dumbest sig i've ever seen. Lasoya also said .50 cal was the future of paintball and that the loader made by draxxus was going to be "revolutionary".
I have a DXS Pulse, and I think .50 is the future....
Old 06-13-2011, 10:49 PM #80
sliverclan
Reppin Da 505

sliverclan plays in the PSP
sliverclan plays in the APPA D1 division
hahahaha touche, that was quite clever.
911andcigs.com
NMPB
LISTEN TO WU-TANG
sliverclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 02:19 PM #81
Tim Kuykendall
Texas Renegades

Thanks for the comments but not really on point. Although I do think it would be a great idea to have a D4 7-man team, what a better venue to get an introduction to the big leagues, I think it would take away from D4 5-man. D4 draws a lot of teams that play Xball or PSP and cannot or are not ready to step up to 7-man. Plus its a good entry level to the leauge.

I'm not sure the idea of excluding "high ranking" management play will fly. This leauge is run by players for players. Most of the team owners always want to reserve the right to play. However, building on your idea it would seem logical that owners or "high management" when playing should notify the ultimate ref and he should be required to be on the field, or at least watch, during that game. Any issues should be handled by the ultimate ref.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:54 AM #82
Murd0ck

Murd0ck supports Empire
Here is an idea. Don't charge the people who finance your damn league $10-$20 per day to sit in the stands. Being a player, I am also a fan and would love to watch some pros and d1 players scrap it out, but I'm not paying $10-$20 to it.

And don't have security running around telling people "you can't watch the games!"
Empire Paintball
Murd0ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 08:24 AM #83
jarude
Blackout

jarude plays in the PSP
jarude plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murd0ck View Post
Here is an idea. Don't charge the people who finance your damn league $10-$20 per day to sit in the stands. Being a player, I am also a fan and would love to watch some pros and d1 players scrap it out, but I'm not paying $10-$20 to it.

And don't have security running around telling people "you can't watch the games!"
This.
2011 NPPL DC Challenge 1st Place / Chicago Open 2nd Place/Las Vegas Championship 2nd Place
Blackout 2010 NPPL D4-5 Man Series Champions
jarude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 04:40 PM #84
Apollo_Kyle

seriously why does it cost money to watch pros? ****ing high school girls basketball has more fans than paintball, should be free for players at least.
Apollo_Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote