PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-02-2011, 05:48 PM #1
Noob Baller123
eSKay

pet turtle question

I've been reading about my small pet turtle that I just got. I have everything he needs, except a UVB bulb. Now, would I be able to pick these up at a walmart or somesort? How do I know that it is the correct bulb? Sorry for the vague question just making sure I get the right bulb

-Purdue-
S.D.Chargers Denver Nuggets
ScissKids-we go where the money goes
"I like crabs..not the kind Kenny has..but the ones you eat"-Charles Barkley
Noob Baller123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-02-2011, 06:10 PM #2
Oc_rage (Banned)

Oc_rage is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
no you need a proper UVB bulb. http://www.petmountain.com/product/r...-uvb-bulb.html is the best one for the money. the 24inch one should be fine for you assuming you have at least a 20gal long.

for the heat bulb it can be any though, i use a 75w phillips bulb my step dad found at the 99c store. same exact thing as the 9.99 "reptile" heat bulb i was given by my friend.
Oc_rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 08:14 PM #3
paintball_KIA4
GO BIG BLUE!

Your best bet would be to go back to your LFS (local fish store) or where ever you purchased your turtle and get a bulb there. Remember, in the future to do plenty of research prior to buying the pet. It should always be the last thing you need as far as necessities go. Stress is normal for a new pet and continuing to change his surroundings will only add to that stress level. I'm assuming you got a red ear slider (correct me if I'm wrong), so here's a link to some info you might find helpful. http://www.redearslider.com/ Pretty simple name right? If you've already done your search and just forgot the bulb, then I apologize. Only trying to help.

Could we get a picture of the tank set up and the little guy?

madgoat: "holy crap that got confusing. I was all "wtf, no girl is cool enough to have kimjung is boss as their xbl tag". I was about to ask if you were a dike or born male raised female. Come to find out it was a simple misunderstanding."

XBL GT: KimJung Is BOSS
paintball_KIA4 is offline   Reply With Quote