Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-03-2010, 08:15 PM #1
JackandBlood

How well does the NME stack up in 2010?

I may have an opportunity to purchase a brand new one at a good price. They certainly are very attractive markers and they look as ergonomically sound as the latest markers from PE or BL. Given that they are of the same basic stacked tube poppet style, would it be a good assumption that they should perform as well as say an etek3 (I own an etek3 so comparisons to that marker would be very helpful).

These markers are also good right out of the box right? I was told the reg is basically a bob long style, and the stock LPR is fine? With only

As I understand it System X had some quality control problems with their autococker knock-off marker, but the NME was pretty solid all around.

Thanks for any input.
JackandBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-03-2010, 08:38 PM #2
tjs0349
Tim

Annual Supporting Member
tjs0349 is playing at Living Legends VII
tjs0349 supports Empire
The NME was a pretty solid marker. I don't know of any quality control issues with them.

In comparison to 2010 markers, they are a stack tubed poppet design. The basic operating principals of that design have not changed since it's conception. The real changes of current generations are mostly in size (smaller parts, lighter milling, etc). This does result in some performance gains in the current generation, but not drastic.

The marker is an older marker (2k5 or 6), so it's heavier than current generations of stack tubed poppet markers. Performance is similar, but probably not quite as good as current generations. However, they will easily exceed any current tournament ROF specifications. In other words they will easily do PSP 10 or 12 or whatever this years current ROF is, can they do 25-30+ like a current Vice or Ego? Probably not, but considering there is no real use in shooting that fast since no events will allow it, this isn't really a big deal. Uncapped semi no one can pull the trigger that fast.

The regs are good quality and on par with stock Bob Long regs from that generation, but there are better aftermarket regs out there that will work with them. The Palmer micro rock will thread right into the NME volumizer if you purchase the Odyssey threaded version. Any standard HPR will thread into the NME vertical adapter. The best HPR out there for any marker any generation is the AKA 2-liter which will of course work with the NME.

This being said however, an all stock NME LE will perform VERY well and rip quite fast.

The biggest thing limiting NMEs currently is the lack of an available updated board. No newer boards fit the NME and the last available code for the stock NME board is quite old.

Last year or so Tadao released new OLED boards for the older generations of Intimidators. By doing nothing else but upgrading the old board in one of my Intimidators the marker took on a new life. It was like a completely different marker that was capable of much higher rates of fire!

I suspect the same would hold true for the NME if a modern board was available. There are some options. There is the Scenario Dreams Universal T-board which can be made to work in an NME and there are boards from other markers that it is believed could be adapted, but currently no one has come up with anything that is a plug in replacement.

The NME really is a great marker that will keep up with any of today's high ends in pretty much all situations (unless your field allows uncapped ramping or uncapped full auto).

Hope this helps!

Last edited by tjs0349 : 05-03-2010 at 08:45 PM.
tjs0349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:14 PM #3
rzhukov

rzhukov is playing at Living Legends III
rzhukov owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
rzhukov supports Bob Gurnsey
rzhukov has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
tjs0349 good job man, I have nothing to add, except you can still buy Virtue and Predator board for NME.
rzhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:20 PM #4
JackandBlood

Wow ya that was really informative. Thank you.
JackandBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:58 PM #5
tjs0349
Tim

Annual Supporting Member
tjs0349 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzhukov View Post
tjs0349 good job man, I have nothing to add, except you can still buy Virtue and Predator board for NME.
Both are pretty old (but better than the stock board). Where can you buy them though? Every place I've seen has them listed as not in stock. I actually may be intersted in one if they are available.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:15 PM #6
seriouslysilly

seriouslysilly owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
seriouslysilly owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
seriouslysilly posts videos on PbNation
seriouslysilly has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit

Last edited by seriouslysilly : 05-23-2010 at 01:41 PM.
seriouslysilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 12:38 AM #7
rzhukov

here is a list from yahoo shopping at least a couple of those have them in stock.

And contact theangelguy.com he still has few predator boards last time I asked about them.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:58 PM #8
FReEK
Fear the freak

FReEK is a founding member
FReEK owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
FReEK plays in the APPA D4 division
Would a pm7/pmr board fit? Looks about the same length. I know you would have to change harness though.

FACEBOOK

OLD Feedback
FReEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 12:03 AM #9
tjs0349
Tim

Annual Supporting Member
tjs0349 supports Empire
It would have to be modified. I have one and it would need some meat cut off of it. Also none of the buttons would line up.

Actually so far the board that looks the best is the Ego Etek2 board. The board fits, and the single button doesn't quite line up, but I think it could be modified to work.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:45 PM #10
rzhukov

Oh BTW, forgot about universal T-Board, it will run you about 85.00 installed
Old 05-23-2010, 01:25 PM #11
SEAL 6
The Anti-Hype

SEAL 6 is playing at Living Legends VI
SEAL 6 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
To be honest, as much as i love my NME, there are much better buys fro the price. Because of the timmy craze a few years ago, it's slowly becoming a classic marker because there were so many variations from that era, like the muscle cars of the 60's and 70's. So it certainly is an appealing marker in that regard. The performance definitely keeps up with everything around as well. But for the money you'd drop for an NME, unless it's a really good deal and $200 or lower, you should aim for something from used from the 06-07 era. anything from then to now are virtually identical performance and reliability wise.

but if your heart is set on one, go for it. i've run mine since 2006 and i still love it. still kicks a **** ton of *** too.
System X NME LE Black/Silver
(but everyone still loves the minimag)
SEAL 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 03:09 PM #12
1shootinRopes1

red/black NME LE for sale, great condition. $200
1shootinRopes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:00 PM #13
Tim Foolery
Mr. Goodnews

Well in my honest opinion I would avoid it. I love NME's and NME Le's I really do, but I haven't seen more than a handful that ever functioned under the specs that system x said it would. I used to work on peoples' NMEs all the time that simply could not get the things to work. It would take several hours, several orings and a ton of time air and paint in front of a chrono to get it the way people wanted it. The LPR's are not top notch and some need to be ran as high as 85psi to get the marker shooting consistantly past 13bps.

For $200 I would invest in above all a well priced Gen3 BL Marker, an Alien Interceptor or Remains, and 06 Ego or an Etek of similar generation (considering you have an Etek 3 I would say you would see the same performance from your NME at best) . All the NME's I ever owned always ended up with plenty of bob long parts on them.

Now I do love NME's and they can be amazing markers, but a lot of people have a lot of problems with them. There are not many aftermarket trigger options and to replace the LPR you would need a BL Front block or to make an adapter for a cocker lpr. The board is not going to be easy to replace. Your options are virtue for the alien line, WAS or Predator for the board if you aren't looking for some serious modifications.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:03 PM #14
Tim Foolery
Mr. Goodnews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shootinRopes1 View Post
red/black NME LE for sale, great condition. $200
This is not a damn B/S/T section.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:13 AM #15
cpSHORTY
Darney

cpSHORTY owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cpSHORTY is for the Gunfight
cpSHORTY has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
cpSHORTY has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
to update a lil, i traded my dm4 for the nme im holding... but you could easily get egos out of it. i would agree, shoot for 2k6 guns. egos, timmys, 07+ dm's...
Pristine DM5-link coming soon
My two markers for your...?
W*T*B/T
PM8!/07 PMR's!/Vice
cpSHORTY is offline   Reply With Quote