I conducted research on the cheapest paintballs available online
back in 2006. It's now time to update that data:
First, the disclaimer
: I do not work for any of these companies nor do I have any relationship with any of these sites. Most of these sites I have never used. These prices are "pictures of the day"...which means they are subject to change without my knowledge. I WILL post feedback here when I use these sites, positive or negative, but at this point all I can give you are the prices, I can't comment on the customer service until I try the site personally.
Other Notes (IMPORTANT TO READ
A) These prices are not for "skids" or "pallet loads" of paint. If you get paint by the skid, good for you...you can probably get a better price that way...but it's not practical for most consumers.
B ) I'm sure if you've convinced some website somewhere that you deserve their sponsorship (in other words, you filled out a form), they probably give you a little better deal...good for you...but it doesn't help most of us consumers out there that aren't on your team. This also applies to being sponsored by "paint companies."
C) If your uncle owns a local store and gives you paint at cost because you're his favorite nephew....good for you....but it doesn't help the rest of us non-nephews.
D) I've tried not to use "white box/seconds" paint...because this paint can really vary in quality from source to source. At the same time, there were instances where it was necessary to include that paint because the difference between some low end paints, white box, and house paint is sometimes very little.
E) If all you shoot is marbalizers, evil, or empire paint because you're all bad like that....good for you...this list isn't going to help you.
F) These prices are shipped to Illinois. You can expect a difference of around 0.5 cents/ball to 1 cent/ball based on shipping differences, i.e. places that are closer to you charge you less to ship than places that are further away. That is why you should use this list as a "guide", not a firm set of prices. No matter where you live, I think the list is a good guide, a good representation of sites where paint is cheap and different kinds of orders where you get the best deals.
Price Listings are "cents per ball" and are listed from 10th best to best.
12. 2.000 cents/ball: Multiple sites tied.
11. 1.900 cents/ball: Firstcallpaintball: 3 cases of Red Legion Field Basic
10. 1.874 cents/ball: zephyrpaintball: 4 cases of PMI Stingers
9. 1.850 cents/ball: apxgear: 3 cases of Agro Basic
8. 1.800 cents/ball: Paintball-online: 3 cases of RPS Stingers
7. 1.780 cents/ball: Firstcallpaintball: 3 cases of RPS Stingers
5. 1.750 cents/ball: shop4paintball: 3 cases of Valken Zing or 3 cases of Draxxus DXS Basic Training
5. 1.750 cents/ball: Paintball-online: 3 cases of Draxxus Basic Training
4. 1.750 cents/ball: Firstcallpaintball: 3 cases of G.I. Sportz 1-star
3. 1.687 cents/ball: zephyrpaintball: 4 cases of JT Fluid Monsoon
2. 1.666 cents/ball: apxgear: 3 cases of APX Thrasher
1. 1.437 cents/ball: zephyrpaintball: 4 cases of JT Paintballs
These are pretty good prices. If I were to go to the local discount sporting goods store, I would pay 1.593-2.00 cents/ball for very cheap paint. So these online prices are actually compareable to what I'd pay at a discount sporting goods store or Wal-Mart and while the paint listed isn't "great", it's probably better than what you'd get locally for that price. The "downside", is you need to buy more of it (3-4 cases) to get that price.
Essentially, there were 5 sites that came out as winners:
- Not only do they offer better pricing on larger quantities, but they offer free shipping on orders over $100. This is a new site to the list and very impressive. In addition to the paint listed above, they have Diablo Heat and XO Spectrum at 2.00 cents/ball for 4 cases.
- They were also on my list 2006 which means they've certainly stood the test of time. They also have free shipping on orders over $100. And they also have 3 cases of WPN Killabeez at 2.00 cents/ball.
- Member recommendation. Haven't tried them out yet, but if the paint is any good and the shipping really is free on all orders, this site has promise.
- Another new site to the list and another site with free shipping on orders over $100. They also have 3 cases of Draxxus Triumph or 3 cases of WPN Weapons Grade at 2.00 cents/ball.
- This site was considered for the last list, but didn't have as good of prices as they do now or may not have offered free shipping on orders over $99 like they do now. In addition to the paint above, they also have 3 cases of WPN Weapons Grade or 3 cases of Draxxus DXS Triumph for 2.00 cents/ball.
You only want to buy one case? Maybe it's the end of the season and you don't want paint laying around all winter? Here are the best prices I found on just 1 case of paintballs:
12) 2.497 cents/ball: Empirepaintball: XO Spectrum
11) 2.495 cents/ball: Paintball-online: WPN Weapons Grade or Draxxus DXS Triumph
10) 2.482 cents/ball: doropaintball: White box
9) 2.447 cents/ball: Redcell: WPN Weapons Grade or DXS Triumph
8) 2.295 cents/ball: Paintball-online: RPS Stingers
7) 2.248 cents/ball: apxgear: Agro Pro
6) 2.245 cents/ball: Paintball-online: Draxxus Basic Training
5) 2.239 cents/ball: orderpaintball: DXS Basic Training
4) 2.211 cents/ball: Action Village: XO Spectrum
3) 1.963 cents/ball: zephyrpaintball: JT Paintballs
2) 1.948 cents/ball: apxgear: Agro Basic
1) 1.50 cents/ball: Paintball-online: Core white box
Now, lets look at the worst
sites I found (3rd worst to worst):
- Their shipping costs are reasonable (about $10/case), but their prices per case are jacked up about $5-$10.
- They charge about $5 more per case and you're gonna pay about $15 in shipping.
- They charge nearly $30/case to ship paint. This pretty much prices them out of the competition.
Let me also take a moment to recommend to everyone that they frequent BYOP fields and reward those fields with your paint purchases. This list is only provided because from time to time we may need to purchase paint, not from a field. I live near fields that are BYOP and sell paint for 2.067-3.127 cents/ball, so they are competitive. And they deserve your business for giving you the freedom of choice that many FPO fields have taken away.
I hope this helps!
Please feel free to add other sites that are competitive with the prices I've listed above. PLEASE remember though, these costs per ball INCLUDE SHIPPING! I've had a number of people respond to the old thread with "I got a case from X store for $20!", but when I go to check it out, it turns out that with shipping the prices per ball wouldn't make the list. I'll try to update the list from time to time.