PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-24-2011, 08:36 PM #43
shock2k3
get hostile

shock2k3 is a Supporting Member
shock2k3 plays in the APPA D4 division
Some of the ref's on field 2 were def slow making calls and even when they finally did figure out a call to make some of the ref's just seemed unsure of themselves after.

And about the nets... Really professional.. Besides it must have sucked to ref or film, having a bounce shot off the net in an event with $2000 in enterance? I think they could afford to have a sideline atleast 5 feet off the net, they managed to do it last year...
Old 06-03-2011, 10:22 AM #44
stoopid/phishers!
GuNRu

Annual Supporting Member
stoopid/phishers! is BST Legit
*Field 2 refs worked their ***** off
*Field 2 refs were understaffed
*Field 2 refs did their best with what they had
*Field 2 refs were not all well versed in the rule book

I give them their props for busting their butts for all of us for the tournament. But the lack of staffing (I personally believe) cost us making Sunday. I know most of you will say "your team didn't play well enough to make the cut" or something to that effect. The lack of refs or lack of willingness to get in there and make the call on field 2 cost us 2 matches...the difference of finishing up 3-5(missing the cut by 18pts) or finishing up 5-3(possibly top 5 seed??) I don't hold any 1 ref accountable for the actions or lack thereof on field 2. But I will state I was quite dissappointed. I truely hope NPPL gets it together for D.C. , regardless of how many fields they decide to run...just my .02 cents.
SOMICH
Richie Idema & Joe Kloeckner FanClub President
stoopid/phishers! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 11:17 AM #45
Apollo_Kyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoopid/phishers! View Post
*Field 2 refs worked their ***** off
*Field 2 refs were understaffed
*Field 2 refs did their best with what they had
*Field 2 refs were not all well versed in the rule book

I give them their props for busting their butts for all of us for the tournament. But the lack of staffing (I personally believe) cost us making Sunday. I know most of you will say "your team didn't play well enough to make the cut" or something to that effect. The lack of refs or lack of willingness to get in there and make the call on field 2 cost us 2 matches...the difference of finishing up 3-5(missing the cut by 18pts) or finishing up 5-3(possibly top 5 seed??) I don't hold any 1 ref accountable for the actions or lack thereof on field 2. But I will state I was quite dissappointed. I truely hope NPPL gets it together for D.C. , regardless of how many fields they decide to run...just my .02 cents.
Everyone gets bad calls. Don't put it in the hands of the refs.

I do agree though, the head ref on field 2 didn't even know the rulebook.

Player runs through, bunkers my guy, ref wipes off my player because he said I was shooting him way before he got there. No penalty pulled. I asked him why no penalty was pulled and he said "it was a boom boom play." So I asked if it was a boom boom play, why did you leave my guy in. He said "cause you shot the other guy first." I responded "so that's a penalty...."
Apollo_Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 11:23 AM #46
mrmag911
Spam ftw!

mrmag911 plays in the APPA D4 division
Unfortunately you're incorrect. A ref may assess a penalty but a run through doesn't always result in a penalty. The rule book makes it a grey area and if a ref can determine who was shot first, they can leave the player in and not assess a penalty on the other team.

Old Feedback: +40/-0
mrmag911 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 02:44 PM #47
stoopid/phishers!
GuNRu

Annual Supporting Member
stoopid/phishers! is BST Legit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo_Kyle View Post
Everyone gets bad calls. Don't put it in the hands of the refs.
While I agree with this statement, it's hard NOT to put it in the refs hands when you put paint on someone, watch it break on them, they tuck in for 2 seconds and then come back out blazing...like I said though...I give them their props for dealing with what they had.