Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-19-2011, 01:02 PM #22
MERCERnaries88 (Banned)

MERCERnaries88 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
MERCERnaries88 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm RickJames View Post
I can officially say that ESPN3 WILL NOT be covering the Chicago NPPL event. They will be covering the future events but we are still working out the logistics. Sorry that this info was not made available sooner. The NPPL and ESPN were trying to make it happen for the Chicago event right up until the last minute but were unable to pull it off...

Check the NPPL website for more details coming up about future webcast and events or just ask me...

Thanks,
Chris
So do you know if there is going to be any live webcast at all? Had plans to kick it back with my gf and plug the laptop on to the tv and watch paintball on ESPN3.com.. but hearing the news about not airing at all on espn3 just saddens me
MERCERnaries88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-19-2011, 03:12 PM #23
-FiZzy-

-FiZzy- supports Cereal Killerz 2
-FiZzy- owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
-FiZzy- owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
-FiZzy- owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
^^^^ agreed

Social paintball?
Gorilla?

anyone filming anything at all?
-FiZzy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 03:35 PM #24
I'm RickJames
DJ/MC for the NPPL

I'm RickJames supports Pev's Paintball
I'm RickJames plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by MERCERnaries88 View Post
So do you know if there is going to be any live webcast at all? Had plans to kick it back with my gf and plug the laptop on to the tv and watch paintball on ESPN3.com.. but hearing the news about not airing at all on espn3 just saddens me
Quote:
Originally Posted by -FiZzy- View Post
^^^^ agreed

Social paintball?
Gorilla?

anyone filming anything at all?
I will let you know as soon as I hear something...

Follow me on Twitter- NPPLDJ

Proudly representing... PEV'S PAINTBALL, EMPIRE PAINTBALL, KEE ACTION SPORTS and BOB LONG
I'm RickJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 10:51 AM #25
Laderook

I just wanted to say, I did get off my a$$ and drove 4 hours one way to go see the event on friday but I also have work so I had to come back home. Not everyone who is bummed that there isn't a webcast is lazy. I've never complained about the quality of the webcast but not having one just sucks. I would be happy with one wide shot view of the field the whole time. It would be better than nothing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFL1 View Post
I played D1 at HB and they did a test shoot of a couple of our games and yes there were instances when the camera gave away the snake player but the reffs were doing the same thing and way more often. Personally I didnt even notice the cameras at all while I was playing.

And honestly unless your paying to watch the webcast or actually at the event you opinion on how it was done really doesnt matter.

I get tired of reading post after post of people on here being critical about how these events are run when they dont even attend a single national event in either league. Its really easy to sit in your living room and talk a alot of Sh!t about the people who bust their a$$es to put these events together and make it as affordable as possible. Some of you guys should maybe get off the couch, go practice, get good enough, and go play then maybe someone will respect your opinion about what should happen at the events.
Laderook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 10:21 PM #26
DYEnastyfreak

sucks
DYEnastyfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 05:08 PM #27
merked12

I wouldn't hold my breath.

From what I hear, NPPl covered the production costs for HB and thought ESPN would pick up the tab for the remaining events - that is where a snag was hit. The problem is ESPN is not willing to cover the production costs, as the NPPL isn't seen as something that is worth the investment if there is tremendous amount of up-front costs and they feel the overall potential of paintball on ESPN is very limited.

I am bias, but I agree with ESPN 100% on this if this is indeed the case.

Why would the NPPL expect a national power like ESPN to cover all the expenses? Thus making all the inconveniences on ESPN? If this is the case, and the NPPL doesn't budge on this stance, I wouldn't expect NPPL on ESPN anytime soon.

ESPN is doing the NPPL (and paintball in general) a favor - not the other way around. This probably doesn't even touch the top 100 of profitable ventures ESPN has on their plate.

Too bad, the numbers and feedback received by ESPN was overwhelmingly positive.
merked12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:58 AM #28
BostonPB86

BostonPB86 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetnikv2 View Post
On my xbox in the ESPN section, it has all the upcoming live events listed that ESPN will be covering, and it has all of the nppl events listed.. so hopefully they will be covering it
How do I find this on my xbox live? Is it through netflix or what? Def wanna see this, thanks in advance!
BostonPB86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 08:37 PM #29
FLpballer
WOLLYHOOD

FLpballer owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
FLpballer owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
FLpballer supports Team VICIOUS
FLpballer is for the Gunfight
To watch it on your xbox get espn3 then go to my sport and go to poker and surf city open is the first one
It used to be under paintball as a sport but they removed it so the events are now under poker

There is coverage of Friday and Sunday
FLpballer is offline   Reply With Quote