PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-25-2011, 11:47 PM #1
Aslan
Tippmann Slayer

Post Cheapest Paintballs Online 2011

I conducted research on the cheapest paintballs available online back in 2006. It's now time to update that data:

First, the disclaimer: I do not work for any of these companies nor do I have any relationship with any of these sites. Most of these sites I have never used. These prices are "pictures of the day"...which means they are subject to change without my knowledge. I WILL post feedback here when I use these sites, positive or negative, but at this point all I can give you are the prices, I can't comment on the customer service until I try the site personally.

Other Notes (IMPORTANT TO READ):
A) These prices are not for "skids" or "pallet loads" of paint. If you get paint by the skid, good for you...you can probably get a better price that way...but it's not practical for most consumers.
B ) I'm sure if you've convinced some website somewhere that you deserve their sponsorship (in other words, you filled out a form), they probably give you a little better deal...good for you...but it doesn't help most of us consumers out there that aren't on your team. This also applies to being sponsored by "paint companies."
C) If your uncle owns a local store and gives you paint at cost because you're his favorite nephew....good for you....but it doesn't help the rest of us non-nephews.
D) I've tried not to use "white box/seconds" paint...because this paint can really vary in quality from source to source. At the same time, there were instances where it was necessary to include that paint because the difference between some low end paints, white box, and house paint is sometimes very little.
E) If all you shoot is marbalizers, evil, or empire paint because you're all bad like that....good for you...this list isn't going to help you.
F) These prices are shipped to Illinois. You can expect a difference of around 0.5 cents/ball to 1 cent/ball based on shipping differences, i.e. places that are closer to you charge you less to ship than places that are further away. That is why you should use this list as a "guide", not a firm set of prices. No matter where you live, I think the list is a good guide, a good representation of sites where paint is cheap and different kinds of orders where you get the best deals.

Price Listings are "cents per ball" and are listed from 10th best to best.
12. 2.000 cents/ball: Multiple sites tied.
11. 1.900 cents/ball: Firstcallpaintball: 3 cases of Red Legion Field Basic
10. 1.874 cents/ball: zephyrpaintball: 4 cases of PMI Stingers
9. 1.850 cents/ball: apxgear: 3 cases of Agro Basic
8. 1.800 cents/ball: Paintball-online: 3 cases of RPS Stingers
7. 1.780 cents/ball: Firstcallpaintball: 3 cases of RPS Stingers
5. 1.750 cents/ball: shop4paintball: 3 cases of Valken Zing or 3 cases of Draxxus DXS Basic Training
5. 1.750 cents/ball: Paintball-online: 3 cases of Draxxus Basic Training
4. 1.750 cents/ball: Firstcallpaintball: 3 cases of G.I. Sportz 1-star
3. 1.687 cents/ball: zephyrpaintball: 4 cases of JT Fluid Monsoon
2. 1.666 cents/ball: apxgear: 3 cases of APX Thrasher
1. 1.437 cents/ball: zephyrpaintball: 4 cases of JT Paintballs

These are pretty good prices. If I were to go to the local discount sporting goods store, I would pay 1.593-2.00 cents/ball for very cheap paint. So these online prices are actually compareable to what I'd pay at a discount sporting goods store or Wal-Mart and while the paint listed isn't "great", it's probably better than what you'd get locally for that price. The "downside", is you need to buy more of it (3-4 cases) to get that price.

Essentially, there were 5 sites that came out as winners:
1. www.zephyrpaintball.com- Not only do they offer better pricing on larger quantities, but they offer free shipping on orders over $100. This is a new site to the list and very impressive. In addition to the paint listed above, they have Diablo Heat and XO Spectrum at 2.00 cents/ball for 4 cases.
2. Firstcallpaintball- They were also on my list 2006 which means they've certainly stood the test of time. They also have free shipping on orders over $100. And they also have 3 cases of WPN Killabeez at 2.00 cents/ball.
3. APXGear- Member recommendation. Haven't tried them out yet, but if the paint is any good and the shipping really is free on all orders, this site has promise.
4.Paintball-online- Another new site to the list and another site with free shipping on orders over $100. They also have 3 cases of Draxxus Triumph or 3 cases of WPN Weapons Grade at 2.00 cents/ball.
5. shop4paintball- This site was considered for the last list, but didn't have as good of prices as they do now or may not have offered free shipping on orders over $99 like they do now. In addition to the paint above, they also have 3 cases of WPN Weapons Grade or 3 cases of Draxxus DXS Triumph for 2.00 cents/ball.

You only want to buy one case? Maybe it's the end of the season and you don't want paint laying around all winter? Here are the best prices I found on just 1 case of paintballs:
12) 2.497 cents/ball: Empirepaintball: XO Spectrum
11) 2.495 cents/ball: Paintball-online: WPN Weapons Grade or Draxxus DXS Triumph
10) 2.482 cents/ball: doropaintball: White box
9) 2.447 cents/ball: Redcell: WPN Weapons Grade or DXS Triumph
8) 2.295 cents/ball: Paintball-online: RPS Stingers
7) 2.248 cents/ball: apxgear: Agro Pro
6) 2.245 cents/ball: Paintball-online: Draxxus Basic Training
5) 2.239 cents/ball: orderpaintball: DXS Basic Training
4) 2.211 cents/ball: Action Village: XO Spectrum
3) 1.963 cents/ball: zephyrpaintball: JT Paintballs
2) 1.948 cents/ball: apxgear: Agro Basic
1) 1.50 cents/ball: Paintball-online: Core white box

Now, lets look at the worst sites I found (3rd worst to worst):
3) Empirepaintball- Their shipping costs are reasonable (about $10/case), but their prices per case are jacked up about $5-$10.
2) athleticimpact- They charge about $5 more per case and you're gonna pay about $15 in shipping.
1) paintballequipmentsite- They charge nearly $30/case to ship paint. This pretty much prices them out of the competition.

Let me also take a moment to recommend to everyone that they frequent BYOP fields and reward those fields with your paint purchases. This list is only provided because from time to time we may need to purchase paint, not from a field. I live near fields that are BYOP and sell paint for 2.067-3.127 cents/ball, so they are competitive. And they deserve your business for giving you the freedom of choice that many FPO fields have taken away.

I hope this helps!

Please feel free to add other sites that are competitive with the prices I've listed above. PLEASE remember though, these costs per ball INCLUDE SHIPPING! I've had a number of people respond to the old thread with "I got a case from X store for $20!", but when I go to check it out, it turns out that with shipping the prices per ball wouldn't make the list. I'll try to update the list from time to time.

Last edited by Aslan : 04-30-2011 at 12:25 AM. Reason: added links
Aslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-26-2011, 06:01 PM #2
mymutter
I crack myself up!

mymutter supports Team VICIOUS
mymutter is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Nice list for the budget baller!

now someone should do one for high-end paintballs.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:42 PM #3
Aslan
Tippmann Slayer

If you want to name the brand(s), I can give you the price/ball I found and where. Every website I checked out, I evaluated every brand they had, even the higher end stuff. So I have those numbers readily available.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:27 PM #4
border411
AllGaveSome,SomeGaveAll

border411 supports Pev's Paintball
border411 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Didnt see APX in there at all. Agro basic $38.95/case shipped (Heard plenty of good things about this stuff, too bad my fields are all FPO). Agro Pro $44.95 shipped (mid grade), and Fyre is $49.95 shipped.
How To Make Custom Lexan Grips
border411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 12:25 AM #5
Aslan
Tippmann Slayer

Thumbs up added

Quote:
Originally Posted by border411 View Post
Didnt see APX in there at all. Agro basic $38.95/case shipped (Heard plenty of good things about this stuff, too bad my fields are all FPO). Agro Pro $44.95 shipped (mid grade), and Fyre is $49.95 shipped.
Added to list!!
Old 05-05-2011, 01:57 PM #6
Touareg

Aslan,

I am the owner of Assassin Sports / paintballequipmentsite.com. Unfortunately paint weighs so much that UPS charges a lot to ship it. It costs a lot to ship the freight from manufacturers to us also because of weight.

The rates charged for shipping on our site are the real time rates from our carriers and we in turn pay them that amount to ship to our customers.

I am in total agreement that you should support your local proshops and fields for paint purchases. Online stores barely sell paint and don't make much profit on paint.

For many of your local proshops and fields, paint is what keeps them open.

Thanks,
Chad
Touareg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:59 PM #7
daman00912

daman00912 supports Team VICIOUS
What about when ansgear had jt maxim sp for 24.99
daman00912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:44 PM #8
Aslan
Tippmann Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touareg View Post
Aslan,

I am the owner of Assassin Sports / paintballequipmentsite.com. Unfortunately paint weighs so much that UPS charges a lot to ship it. It costs a lot to ship the freight from manufacturers to us also because of weight.

The rates charged for shipping on our site are the real time rates from our carriers and we in turn pay them that amount to ship to our customers.

I am in total agreement that you should support your local proshops and fields for paint purchases. Online stores barely sell paint and don't make much profit on paint.

For many of your local proshops and fields, paint is what keeps them open.

Thanks,
Chad
I appreciate the response. The question I would have is why it would cost you $30 to ship a case of $40 paint where as other sites charge $15-$20 or in some cases offer free shipping on orders of a certain size?

I'm not trying to be "snarky", it's just that my research seems to show that while paint prices do vary slightly from one website to another, it's really the shipping costs that vary more than anything and make the biggest difference in how much people are paying per ball.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:48 PM #9
Aslan
Tippmann Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daman00912 View Post
What about when ansgear had jt maxim sp for 24.99
Let me double check my list and get back to you. I'm almost positive I checked that website...but maybe not. If I didn't, I'll evaluate them and see if any make the list. Thanks for the suggestion!
Old 05-23-2011, 05:29 PM #10
Touareg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
I appreciate the response. The question I would have is why it would cost you $30 to ship a case of $40 paint where as other sites charge $15-$20 or in some cases offer free shipping on orders of a certain size?

I'm not trying to be "snarky", it's just that my research seems to show that while paint prices do vary slightly from one website to another, it's really the shipping costs that vary more than anything and make the biggest difference in how much people are paying per ball.

Alsan,

If you order $199 we offer free shipping as well, there is an exception on paint though. There is a $5/case charge for paint.

I understand where you are coming from, I am a long time player as well, and paint gets expensive.

We don't carry much paint, because we don't sell much paint online. The guys that are offering specials on paint are probably ordering multiple palets at once. This cuts their price per case, it also cuts down the cost of shipping to them per case. So, they may have room in their margins to offer reduced or even free shipping. Unfortunately this is not the case with us, we are privately owned and operated and cannot compete with the larger companies on paint.

Our website uses a usps and ups api to generate shipping costs, once the order is placed we print a label from usps or ups and that amount of shipping is deducted from our account with that specific carrier.

I guess what I am trying to say, is when we order a palet, we pay a set amount per palet to ship it to our warehouse, then we turn around and pay ups to ship it to the customer.

Anyways, I hope this helps. We do offer lots of other products and are continuously adding to what we offer. We also expect to start carrying lines of Mixed Martial Arts gear, Tactical Gear, etc. in the future.
Touareg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 05:49 PM #11
ncfreak

For those that buy online, do you guys ever have broken paint?
ncfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:25 AM #12
Aslan
Tippmann Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncfreak View Post
For those that buy online, do you guys ever have broken paint?
So far that hasn't been a problem for me. I've ordered online a couple of times and neither times was any paint broken. Most sites are pretty good (from what I've heard) about reimbursing you for damaged paint.

I've had the worst luck with broken paint from places like Wal-Mart or Dunhams Sports. I don't know what it is about those stores, but much of their cases look like someone just airdropped it in the store with no parachute.
Old 05-30-2011, 10:28 AM #13
Aslan
Tippmann Slayer

nope

Quote:
Let me double check my list and get back to you. I'm almost positive I checked that website...but maybe not. If I didn't, I'll evaluate them and see if any make the list. Thanks for the suggestion!
I guess I missed them from the list. I'll evaluate where they are at and update the list accordingly. Thanks again for the heads up.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:20 PM #14
momoxsparco558

The problem ordering online is where are they coming from? Weather can take a toll if they are traveling in freezing conditions for days to arrive in Florida, sit in a room for a few days, then played with. jt balls from walmart are ok as long as they are not recreational balls. Cheap but don't break and fly straight.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:02 AM #15
EvilBender

EvilBender owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
If you want to name the brand(s), I can give you the price/ball I found and where. Every website I checked out, I evaluated every brand they had, even the higher end stuff. So I have those numbers readily available.
How about Evil? Best I've done is $60 a case..
EvilBender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:23 PM #16
Rastapntbllr

What about wpn weapons grade.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:41 PM #17
Recoilzone1

Recoilzone1 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Has anyone had any luck with the Core White box? I would like to pick up a few cases if it is practice worthy. Fly straight / break on target?
Old 11-17-2011, 05:15 PM #18
Recoilzone1

Recoilzone1 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Well... Bought it anyways

Paintball-online.com : Free shipping over 100$ 3 cases + pod... lol

Use Coupon code CORE10 for 10% off Core products. 100$ shipped. for 3 cases and a pod. Good deal... Hopefully the paint isn't absolute crap.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:08 PM #19
nerdcore
Radical!

has been a member for 10 years
nerdcore is playing at Living Legends VII
nerdcore is a top reviewer
Nice list. Could've used this months/years ago! Moving to a new area and the nearest field is fpo.
nerdcore is offline   Reply With Quote