Community Focus

Old 02-09-2010, 03:24 PM #1
Bhizz
My Sig Is So Legit.

Bhizz is playing at Living Legends III
Bhizz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Bhizz supports Team VICIOUS
Bhizz plays in the APPA D5 division
What are the better brands to buy from(Airsoft NOOB)

i have a decent amount of money but dont want to spend more than 250(300 TOPS) for a nice airsoft gun.

i want something that shoots 350+ if possible

What are the more reliable/well made companies to buy from?
I know you probably dont care.
You're Now in ST Please Dont Be Scared.
Bhizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-09-2010, 05:17 PM #2
abplayer

abplayer has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
There is a lot of brands you can buy from. With that price range these brands will vary anywhere between 100-400 bucks. JG/Jing Gong, Echo 1, G&G, Classic Army, Tokyo Marui, and KWA.

JG/Jing Gong is a good starter brand but doesn't have as good as internals as the more expensive brands , it shoots around 350 fps and has a decent range of 100-120ft(they range from 100-200 bucks). Echo 1 is the same thing as Jing Gong. G&G is a better brand then JG because the internals are made better but it is also more expensive if you want a good one. Classic Army is a great and one of the best brand but it shoots 300fps stock and you will have to upgrade. Tokyo Marui is right up there with Classic Army if not better or same and you still have to upgrade. KWA is from what I heard a outstanding brand and a great choice for those who don't want to upgrade.

I only own a G&G M16(amazing), this info was based on reading from forums.
If anyone would like to add go ahead.
abplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 07:10 PM #3
zimm41
A.F.F.A

Classic army jg echo1 kart well a&k and ics are crap. Tokyo mauri is expensive plastic.

G&g king arms and kwa are by far the best guns out there. And with about 60 bucks in parts and a good battery you have a great gun. Dont buy cheap cause its only going to break down and cost u a ton in the long run. Personal advice. Buy kwa.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:26 PM #4
MangoChutney
HAI IM A BAT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimm41 View Post
Classic army jg echo1 kart well a&k and ics are crap. Tokyo mauri is expensive plastic.

G&g king arms and kwa are by far the best guns out there. And with about 60 bucks in parts and a good battery you have a great gun. Dont buy cheap cause its only going to break down and cost u a ton in the long run. Personal advice. Buy kwa.
Seriously? Old A&K gearboxes are garbage, I'll admit. New CA guns have decent motors, but still are good. Echo1 is amazing but not top of the line, I don't know what kind of rock your smoking. Well is crap, so is JG, but then again they aren't really meant to be anything other than a beginner gun. TM used to be great, now they're just falling behind. You are right though, KWA and G&G (As well as G&P) are great guns and not even that expensive.

OP, brand new in your price range I'd recommend Echo1 or G&G. Used, you can get just about everything. Any preference to a type of gun?

Edit: As a point of experience, I have personally owned at least one gun from every company listed except Well and G&G.

Last edited by MangoChutney : 02-09-2010 at 07:29 PM.
MangoChutney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:36 PM #5
zimm41
A.F.F.A

the echo1 gun i was using last weekend broke down mid game, it was a brand new full metal M4, the stag arms one to be precise. gearbox cracked, trigger assembly went and the gears showed serious signs of wear and tear, and after 5,000 rounds thats terrible no matter how u spin it, CA is bad due to the lack of availible parts to fix them since you have to buy CA parts...ICS? cool gearbox design, bad everything else related to fixing a cracked gearbox, i dont like these guns due to the fact i have had them fail,break or watched it happen on the field. i dont speak for every E1 or A&k etc...but i do speak badly about nearly 1000 bucks invested in those brands over time only to have them become scrap metal.....

op, buy KWA base m4, i htink roughly 270ish, maybe less you have an amazing gun out of the box, throw in a good battery and your set.
a little cheaper is the G&G combat machine's, plastic m4's with the same great G&G internals!! at 160 bucks you cant beat it.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:01 PM #6
hangloose9316

hangloose9316 is playing at Living Legends III
i recently bought a KWA m16br. best gun purchase ive ever made. I've been airsofting for 6 some odd years and have owned just about every brand gun you can think of. The KWA m16br and m4's are some of the best guns on the market
KWA m16br
hangloose9316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:50 PM #7
zimm41
A.F.F.A

just got a kwa sr-10 and i will be purchasing the ares Shrike as soon as it is released i will be using it for OPP this may....
its a beast and its a cheat on the system since the armys rules state that you may only use an airsoft gun that has a real life counterpart, well a box fed M4 or M16 does not work or function in real life so the shrike is the perfect weapon, an M4 that has a belt feed that is a real gun hahahaha

Old 02-17-2010, 02:46 AM #8
BlackWidowRenagade

1: It doesn't matter which company you choose from really, depends on your budget and what platform you are looking for
2: Some guns may come with a defect, more with cheaper guns than the better brands I will admit, and when one thing breaks usually a few others follow.
3: I have worked on almost every type of AEG and brand in exception of the older, WW2 types, high end rare(expensive or hard to get), and P90. I find with AEGs that no matter which brand you have, it will break, especially if you don’t upgrade properly.

Now as for stock guns for a decent price you are going to have these companies to look at

JG- very basic setup, good for starters and for moderate upgrading. The new lineup is a lot better quality at a little higher cost
Echo1- rebranded JG, all though the new lineup is more theirs than JG now since they are releasing before JG is now. Very good for the money
Matrix (rebranded guns) - usually cheap beginners guns, comparable to JG better or worse depending on the gun you get
A&K- good internals, decent pricing, some metal and some plastic guns
Cyma- decent guns
DBoyi- metal bodies, good internals, best bang for the buck

Mid to high range guns at a little more cost

CA- very good gun all around (very finicky about upgrades), upgrades are also only made by CA if you need that special part for a special price
Tokyo Marui- very good internals, plastic body (due to China Laws) best guns for anything, their designs are the basis of just about all airsoft
ICS- unique gearbox, good reliability in the second line up of guns.
KWA- very good guns all around (second line up)
G&G- Very good guns all around
G&P- Very good guns all around
King Arms- Very good guns
Real Sword- Very good guns

As you get into the high end companies, they start to go off the beaten path of all the normal parts of an AEG, but luckily most of them stick with the Tokyo marui design.
Now if you are hardcore into Airsoft, gota have the most realism you can get and don’t care what kind of money you spend then look into getting either a Systema or one of the better gas blow back rifles.
Now the most important lesson that I haven’t learned myself, except on my Echo1 AK CPW, is that when you go to buy a gun, buy it the way it is and leave it alone. The reason I say this is because most techs tell you that when you open your gearbox it will never get the same results twice. I have opened the gearbox to my AUG more than 10 times in one sitting just to set the shims and align everything correctly, because if you do not do so something will prematurely break and you will have to do it all over and replace anything that broke.
Hope this helps anyone looking for a new gun.
Official Naughty Dogs Fan Club#121
Psyco Cocker Pump
AirrowGun on a Hoyt Bow
BlackWidowRenagade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 03:07 AM #9
BlackWidowRenagade

Oh to answer your question you would have to answer mine,
What load out are you choosing?
If a M4 i would go with a Echo 1 Stag Arms or one of the New JG line with a metal body, or you can get an ICS plastic body(i have this gun as my regular gun, it is very nice and has advantages over other M4 platforms)
If AK I would go with either Echo 1, DBoyi, or Cyma
If MP5 i would go with ICS or Echo1 Vector Arms(Very good MP5 for the money)
if G36 Echo 1
If AUG JG is the only one that is in your price range

You must allso choose which gun fits your needs, I have gotten rid of alot of my guns since the feild that i used to work for shut down, we did alot of CQB, but since i go to a new feild my old MP5 and M4 CQB wasnt up to par with a field/mout area. so now I just have my ICS M4, Echo 1 AK CPW and my Echo 1 AUG
Psyco Cocker Pump
AirrowGun on a Hoyt Bow
Old 03-05-2010, 09:46 PM #10
Superlukie17

JGs are good.
I would suggest buying from Airsplat.com
They have good guns
Old 03-10-2010, 02:57 PM #11
Wonka

Wonka plays in the USPL
Wonka plays in the PSP
Wonka donated to help Peyton Trent
Wonka plays in the APPA D3 division
Does anyone know if TSD is a good brand? I'm looking for a good starter gun and I came across this one. http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_inf...oducts_id=3799
Old 03-10-2010, 05:45 PM #12
BlackWidowRenagade

Ive heard good things as a beginer gun, but i would suggest echo1 over them
Psyco Cocker Pump
AirrowGun on a Hoyt Bow
Old 03-10-2010, 07:04 PM #13
MangoChutney
HAI IM A BAT!

If you want a G36 just go with the Echo1, TSD is a good company but I'd trust Echo1 better. I have the Echo1 G36 and I love it, but I'm selling it for something a little bigger; not performance reasons.
MangoChutney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 01:43 AM #14
mjknight
Hook 'Em

mjknight helped look for balloons
so how are you and your girlfriend doing?
Old 03-11-2010, 04:54 AM #15
4banger
AP Factory

has been a member for 10 years
4banger plays in the PSP
4banger donated to help Peyton Trent
4banger plays in the APPA D3 division
KWA is the best, Classic Army very good also.
65 South/AP Factory Sponsored by Ourselves now. lol
4banger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 01:36 PM #16
23isme

What you want to go for are Classic army, Echo 1, Tokyo Marui, and G&G, and ARES. Those brands range from 150-700$. If you are looking for a cheaper choice of gun brands like JG (jing jong), A&K, and cyma. Some good CO2/Greengas pistol companies are Maruzen, Tokyo Marui, KWA, Marushin, and Western Arms. The two companies I mostly suggest are Classic Army and KWA. I use both these brands for long and short range situation and they have never failed me.
23isme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 03:29 PM #17
nickdude
well do ya punk?

Annual Supporting Member
nickdude donated to help Peyton Trent
nickdude is playing at Living Legends III
nickdude is playing at Living Legends V
nickdude supports DLX Technology
http://www.airsoftretreat.com/

Good forum to go poke around in.

Just like paintball there is a wide range of quality, the sub 200 guns aren't all that bad. CYMA A&K Jing Jong etc

Gas pistols like the KWA PTP are fun as hell also

Valken * Quickshot * Gog/Luxe * Guerrilla Air * TechT * Xtreme Dreamz * Fog Doc* Deadlywind
Media partners Help keep Paintball Alive * CatShack Reports
LUXE MOBClone GT Militia
nickdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 09:48 AM #18
Gabriel24

Gabriel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 02:06 PM #19
Blue_Cobra
Nxe-HK*ARMY-JT-Dye-Guy

Blue_Cobra owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Blue_Cobra supports Team VICIOUS
Blue_Cobra posts videos on PbNation
Blue_Cobra supports Pev's Paintball
Ok truth is i hate airsoft but i know quite a bit about guns, get something 380+ with .20 gram bbs. .12 are bad and shread in good guns but that is a way to tell that you have a good gun.

"Originally posted by greenperson: lol you just completely shutout savephace. they were like "look. our lens can take a gelatin shell at 425 FPS". and Vforce is like "ok. ours can take bullets.""
LEGO PAINTBALL WHAT DO YOU THINK???
Need to sell gear? Go to U.S.A. B/S/T! It's easy & it's Facebook!
Blue_Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 02:23 PM #20
MangoChutn3y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Cobra View Post
Ok truth is i hate airsoft but i know quite a bit about guns, get something 380+ with .20 gram bbs. .12 are bad and shread in good guns but that is a way to tell that you have a good gun.
Really? That's some of the most generic advice ever.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:38 PM #21
Petis_spyderman
Soberity Kills Me.

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by MangoChutn3y View Post
Really? That's some of the most generic advice ever.
truth.
I'm actually pretty pleased with my JG ak74su.
In all reality, if you want to spend 300 bucks on a gun, build one from scratch.
Get the best gearbox setup, motor, battery, body/whatever else, assemble and volia. Don't get me wrong, but it's not like paintball where you can buy a decent stock gun and have it work for you.

And for 300, I'd factor in mags and whatever else you would deem necessary to play. 8 midcap mags will cost 50+ bucks. A tactical vest will cost 40+ bucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidowRenagade View Post
all the same factory, but different companies have better internals.
JG-
Echo1- Newer models have split gearboxes, much like ICS and other taiwanese companies. Also, most models 2k11+ feature self shimming gears and are lipoly ready out of the box.
Matrix
A&K-
Cyma-
DBoyi-
Mid to high range guns at a little more cost

CA- very good gun all around (very finicky about upgrades), upgrades are also only made by CA if you need that special part for a special price
Tokyo Marui- very good internals, plastic body (due toJAPAN) best guns for anything, their designs are the basis of just about all airsoft easily upgraded due to the fact that most airsoft guns are based on Marui.
ICS- unique gearbox, good reliability in the second line up of guns. Made in taiwan. net to TM some of the best quality
KWA- very good guns all around (second line up) except for their gas pistols. I feel that they are cheap in build quality
G&G- Very good guns all around agreed
G&P- Very good guns all around agreed
King Arms- Very good guns agreed
Real Sword- Very good guns agreed
Systema- the mother****ing rolls royce of airsoft. I mean, 30 bucks per mag. 1/1 real, if you want to spend a grand on a gun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonka View Post
Does anyone know if TSD is a good brand? I'm looking for a good starter gun and I came across this one. http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_inf...oducts_id=3799
That is an AIMTOP re-brand. I ****ing love mine so far. Evike/airsoft GI has a challenge build kit, a matrix m4 with a metal body. That's the base of my zombie killer m4, 100% satisfied with it thus far.

Last edited by Petis_spyderman : 05-10-2011 at 10:05 PM.
Petis_spyderman is offline   Reply With Quote