PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-26-2011, 10:57 AM #85
aspazatak

aspazatak is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
On a side note to this I saw something happen that had I seen it from a distance I woudl have called the guy out as well. A player in the tall cake in snake corner had his barrel tip sticking out just barely. He just so happened to shoot the moment a ball was about to hit the tip of his barrel. The balls impacted and exploded right at the tip of his barrel and he pulled back and was looking all over for the hit because he saw the spray. I was able to see the interwoven spray pattern on the bunker and was watching at the time and knew what happened. He finally looked at me to see if he was good to keep playing so I gave him the clean signal and he continued on. Had I been at 50 dorito and saw that I would have called him on a barrel hit most likely, or at least given him a good once over.
Advertisement
Old 04-26-2011, 04:40 PM #86
Ion103
SEMPER VIC

Ion103 plays in the PSP
Ion103 is an NCPA National Champion
Ion103 plays in the APPA D2 division
Ion103 is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspazatak View Post
The jersey thing was a rule clarification on on Saturday that any jersey that had padding on it could not have a layer underneath the padding. So if it had padded shoulders and arm you could wear a tank top or sleeveless shirt underneath, if it had chest padding you couldn't have anything underneath.

With unobvious hits (top of loader or pack) the rule of thumb I ref by is that if I'm watching you and I see it hit I immediately come and pull you without penalty because the amount of time you stay in the game is based on how quickly I can do my job. If I turn and look at you and you have a hit on you it's a minor because I don't know how long you had it and what effect you had on the game. This is only for unobvious hits, obvious hits are majors if you continue to play always.
THIS. Theres a reason why hes reffing the D1 field every PSP event.
UW-Whitewater Paintball Team - KEE/EMPIRE
Ion103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 10:27 PM #87
woodbros101
Tri-State Terror

woodbros101 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
woodbros101 supports Team VICIOUS
the reffs were great at this event. we had a few cases of paint left over on sunday so we played with a few of them and chilled with a few at our hotel after. best event ive ever gone to even though we got alot of flags thrown on us when we had like 3 all season long. 9/10 refs were great a few were afaid to get shot and wouldnt check u and just call u out but no complaints all day.
SCSU #19
woodbros101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:36 PM #88
Lil_Bear

there will never be the perfect ref
Old 05-05-2011, 09:30 PM #89
azndave

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspazatak View Post
On a side note to this I saw something happen that had I seen it from a distance I woudl have called the guy out as well. A player in the tall cake in snake corner had his barrel tip sticking out just barely. He just so happened to shoot the moment a ball was about to hit the tip of his barrel. The balls impacted and exploded right at the tip of his barrel and he pulled back and was looking all over for the hit because he saw the spray. I was able to see the interwoven spray pattern on the bunker and was watching at the time and knew what happened. He finally looked at me to see if he was good to keep playing so I gave him the clean signal and he continued on. Had I been at 50 dorito and saw that I would have called him on a barrel hit most likely, or at least given him a good once over.
side note: you're probably the only person i've ever seen successfully pull off those save phace masks.

I really have nothing but good things to say about refs from the TV field and field 3 (where we played). top notch job, calls, and effort from everyone there. Also, shout out to the head ref/scorekeeper/everything on the high school field. ridiculous props for running that operation. Hope to see all you refs return for 2012.
azndave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 07:04 AM #90
aspazatak

aspazatak is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Thanks, that mask cost me quite a bit of money when you include the custom painting. I want to get another one for next year, but I can't decide on a design motif for it.