Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-22-2011, 06:03 PM #1
burnttoast
Not the one from PbReview

burnttoast owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
burnttoast supports Sherwood Forest
Optimal dwell and pressure settings for consistency over chrono

Okay, so to start off, I've read maxoc's tuning guide for the mini. Great guide, but it says nothing about how to set for consistency (unless when he says "gentle on paint," he means consistency, too). I'd like not to have horrible efficiency (some games I play last long), but what is the best dwell/pressure combination to get good consistency but also acceptable efficiency? Is there anything better than stock settings if youre using bone stock parts (I am)? I know the stock settings are okay but I wonder if there's another combination that can help it reach it's full potential. Thanks!
'02 black cocker '08 gray/Green ego
74% of all statistics are made up.

He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool. Shun him. He who knows not and knows that he knows not is a child. Teach him. He who knows and knows not that he knows is asleep. Wake him. He who knows and knows that he knows is wise. Follow him.--Persian Proverb
burnttoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 06:11 PM #2
Teahouser
that one guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnttoast View Post
Okay, so to start off, I've read maxoc's tuning guide for the mini. Great guide, but it says nothing about how to set for consistency (unless when he says "gentle on paint," he means consistency, too). I'd like not to have horrible efficiency (some games I play last long), but what is the best dwell/pressure combination to get good consistency but also acceptable efficiency? Is there anything better than stock settings if youre using bone stock parts (I am)? I know the stock settings are okay but I wonder if there's another combination that can help it reach it's full potential. Thanks!
The combination that will get you best consistency is the one you get from using his guide...

There is no one perfect setting that will get you best consistency, every gun is different. That's the purpose of tuning, by doing it you will optimize the performance of your mini. It takes some time, trial and error, but it's needed to find the best settings.

If you are getting bad consistency then try upping your dwell slowly, chrono after each adjustment. Keep raising it until your consistency is acceptable to you. If your dwell is getting too high for your likings (maybe you want a lower dwell for better efficiency), try upping the pressure a bit. It's all about finding the settings that work best for you.

I like a bit of both worlds. My gun could have a lower pressure, but I keep it a little higher so I can lower my dwell more for better efficiency.
Teahouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 06:16 PM #3
burnttoast

So the gentle on paint section would be the best? And I know that I'll end up having to just mess with it and see what works best but just wanna see what other people say first. Thanks by the way for such a quick reply.

He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool. Shun him. He who knows not and knows that he knows not is a child. Teach him. He who knows and knows not that he knows is asleep. Wake him. He who knows and knows that he knows is wise. Follow him.--Persian Proverb
Old 04-25-2011, 07:14 PM #4
Baby kalash101
Nuts

Baby kalash101 supports Sherwood Forest
hey burnttoast...ill burn ur toast...twice.
Notice: If you notice this notice you will notice that this notice is not worth noticing...so go notice someone else's notice! Before i notice ur not noticing theirs and i notice the cops about ur noticing skills.
Baby kalash101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:06 PM #5
Silver.Mizzou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teahouser View Post
The combination that will get you best consistency is the one you get from using his guide...

There is no one perfect setting that will get you best consistency, every gun is different. That's the purpose of tuning, by doing it you will optimize the performance of your mini. It takes some time, trial and error, but it's needed to find the best settings.

If you are getting bad consistency then try upping your dwell slowly, chrono after each adjustment. Keep raising it until your consistency is acceptable to you. If your dwell is getting too high for your likings (maybe you want a lower dwell for better efficiency), try upping the pressure a bit. It's all about finding the settings that work best for you.

I like a bit of both worlds. My gun could have a lower pressure, but I keep it a little higher so I can lower my dwell more for better efficiency.
Just to see, what are your settings for you gun exactly? Just so I have somewhere to start off with messing around with my settings? And yes haha I was about to post something similar to what burnttoast said (great minds think alike) so I figured I wouldn't be annoying and start a whole new thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby kalash101 View Post
LOL
Silver.Mizzou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:26 PM #6
burnttoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby kalash101 View Post
Only on Thursdays...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teahouser View Post

And Thanks. I figured it would take me going to the field a bit earlier than normal and messing with the settings to get what I like. I'm not getting bad consistency, just that one annoying shot that's under or over the limit of 280 by like 10.

Old 04-25-2011, 10:40 PM #7
dusto1002
ftw

i have mine set at 3.75 milliseconds dwell, and a little over 2 full turns out on the back cap with a tiny bit over 160psi on the asa. i am running the eigenbolt with stock spring and board. seems to work okay, i have my bolt guide polished and the poppet too btw if anyone was wondering.

Last edited by dusto1002 : 04-25-2011 at 10:41 PM. Reason: 286 +5-5
dusto1002 is offline   Reply With Quote