PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-23-2011, 09:13 PM #1
SawMan5000
S4WM4N

Arrow Invert Mini Problem!!!!help!

Ok so I've basically done everything described in Robert Simms little thread and made sure my gun is fine according to him.

The Problem - When pressured up, it has no leak. It is set to 200 PSI (exactly) on the bottom pressure guage. I shot it to check the velocity and it shot SO HARD that it popped the top on my hopper. I recognized this problem to be blow back and lubed the 6 o-rings on my bolt guide, and 2 on the back of my bolt and the front o-ring on my bolt...Then I checked my pressure check valve. Then I made sure I had no lube in my poppet.. to cut this short, I checked everything! It has EXTREMELY BAD blow back every time I shoot, and even busts the paint in the hopper before it's shot! The velocity wasn't even up to 200 fps.. I finally looked into the situation more thoroughly and examined the bolt guide and poppet assembly. My poppet does not use the "spring technology" that I've noticed some do...Could this be the issue? HELP!!!!!!

thanks!

MID-WEST KINGS(TEXAS PAINTBALL)
SawMan5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 11:20 PM #2
Mr Virus
BREATH DEEPLY!!

has been a member for 10 years
Some of the first run poppets for the MINI caused this problem, due to an exhaust port that was too small.
If you have an older poppet, this could be the problem.
The quickest fix would be swap it out with another poppet, to see if the problem goes away.

The lack of a spring for the poppet isnt an issue.
Mr Virus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 11:19 AM #3
SawMan5000
S4WM4N

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsnG_pKJD7A

Above is the link showing the issue. It shows my wifes gun actually blowing the hoppers LID. Let me know. All help is greatly appreciated!

Old 04-24-2011, 11:34 AM #4
dtyrrell
Southern Ontario ballerz

Hey i had a problem with bad blowback earlier when i first bought my mini, before i had really learned the gun inside and out..while you could have a defective poppit as stated, it could just be a pressure problem. try lowering your pressure a bit, i run 175-180 with stock bolt and spring, lower than that gives me blowback and higher than that gives me troubles as well. it was about 2 or even 3 years ago when i ran into this problem and it was bugging me so much i was gonna send the gun in, but before i did i tinkered, spent some time learning how the gun works, and was able to solve the problem on my own

follow the stickies and determine which version yours is, also look at the differences in poppits between versions. if you have a v2 then you should be able to solve the problem by tuning the gun properly. if you have a v1 with the small hole then talk to kee about a new poppit...

some sports make you put your balls in a basket, others over the fence, or a catchers mit. sometimes with a swift stroke,
you whack your balls over great distance to drop them down a hole...

personally, i stuck with the first sport that let me put my balls RIGHT IN YOUR FACE...
dtyrrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 12:58 PM #5
SawMan5000
S4WM4N

This is my poppet