PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-22-2011, 05:57 PM #1
Teahouser
that one guy

Fore Grip LED Display Window

It rains a lot where I live, but I don't want that to hinder my marker choice. To waterproof the front grip is actually quite easy, just wrapping it in tape works fine. I only put one strip at the top of the grip where it meets the body, just so no water can get in that way. I don't have to remove the battery cover to change modes with my virtue board, but if I wrap tape around the LED display I won't be able to see what modes I'm in. I decided to make a simple window for the LED so I can still see the display, but waterproof it at the same time. I haven't seen anyone else do this on the forum, so forgive me if this has already been posted.

I removed the fore grip from the gun first. Then I remove the board from the fore grip. Then I cut a little square out of thin clear plastic, make sure it's stiff but still thin. Cut a piece of clear packing tape the same thickness as the back of the fore grip where the LED window is. Place the square piece of plastic on the inside of the window, then place the tape over top of it, pressing with your fingers around the tape, sealing it around the plastic window.

Put the board back in, and you're good to go! A super easy fix to seal up the LED display from water/dirt, while still perfectly displaying the LED
Teahouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-22-2011, 06:10 PM #2
MajorNickmo
ATAC Camo Rules!

MajorNickmo owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
It is supposed to rain here in Utah for a major scenario battle tomorrow, doing this now. Thanks!
MajorNickmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 07:14 PM #3
XSVterror16 II (Banned)
STs village idiot

XSVterror16 II owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
XSVterror16 II owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
XSVterror16 II supports Team VICIOUS
XSVterror16 II is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Isn't the window raised off the door? You could just wrap it in tape and use a razor of exacto knife to cut out the window.
XSVterror16 II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 07:42 PM #4
Teahouser
that one guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSVterror16 II View Post
Isn't the window raised off the door? You could just wrap it in tape and use a razor of exacto knife to cut out the window.
I'm talking about doing this with the virtue redefined board, not the OLED. The stock board uses a larger bulb type LED, so you can't put the plastic window on the inside since it pokes through. The virtue board uses a flat smaller LED, so you can cover the little opening from the inside.
Teahouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 07:47 PM #5
mongoosemunoz07

mongoosemunoz07 supports Team VICIOUS
mongoosemunoz07 is an NCPA National Champion
mongoosemunoz07 plays in the APPA Pro division
pics?
mongoosemunoz07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 08:01 PM #6
dynamomark
BallzOut Paintball

dynamomark owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
dynamomark supports our troops
couldnt you could just put a piece of clear tape over the led hole?
no need to over think it. black electrical tape for everything else.
done deal

][nvert Mini / Infinity Legend / ICD B2K4 w/ pds / Tippmann A5 / 2011 Mokal Aura / Spyder Advancer / GI Micro50 / Spyder Imagine / WGP Outkast Pump / WGP Prostock / DP E1 / Azodin Kaos
dynamomark is offline   Reply With Quote