PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-21-2011, 05:27 PM #1
sparx52

sparx52 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Brand New Axe Already Issues!

I got got my axe in today bnib still rapped. open it up threw a tank on there with a rotor start shooting in semi-auto about 50 rounds of marbs . then the marker wouldnt shoot? eyes where on then i shut them off shot 2 times then stopped .
the only time i can get the solenoid to trip is after i us the degassing lever off , so basically it wont shoot with air in it ? HELP!!!!
sparx52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-21-2011, 05:36 PM #2
Bloodymurder

Annual Supporting Member
Bloodymurder supports Empire
Make sure that the operating pressure is set under 200 psi.

If it's under and still having that problem, change the battery. Energizer or duracell right out of the package

Albion College Lacrosse
Bloodymurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 05:50 PM #3
sparx52

the operation pressure is around 190 now and i have changed with 3 different energizers batteries no straight out the package tho. but are fresh .
stumpd and kinda pissed right now
Old 04-21-2011, 05:56 PM #4
MATTSDAD

MATTSDAD owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Is it tripping the microswitch?
Old 04-21-2011, 06:26 PM #5
sparx52

I might of got it . out the box the op pressure was set @ 190 it creeped up to 200 psi ... I lowered it to 180 psi and 2 full pods of paint no problems so far . but under my chrono it got very inconsitant on fps ,
before problem accured 282,280,284,280,279 fps
no i lowered the op press and its working 274,268,259,272,276 fps
im wondering if i set the velocity screw higher will that fix it?.

Does this marker/noid have a safety mech so if op pressure go's over 200 psi it doesnt fire?
also out the box ne1 find the trigger isnt smooth like hard to walk ?
Old 04-21-2011, 06:57 PM #6
Bloodymurder

Annual Supporting Member
Bloodymurder supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparx52 View Post
I might of got it . out the box the op pressure was set @ 190 it creeped up to 200 psi ... I lowered it to 180 psi and 2 full pods of paint no problems so far . but under my chrono it got very inconsitant on fps ,
before problem accured 282,280,284,280,279 fps
no i lowered the op press and its working 274,268,259,272,276 fps
im wondering if i set the velocity screw higher will that fix it?.

Does this marker/noid have a safety mech so if op pressure go's over 200 psi it doesnt fire?
also out the box ne1 find the trigger isnt smooth like hard to walk ?
Your axe will need to be broken in, which takes anywhere from 5-8 cases. As it starts to break in you will see both the consistency and the efficiency improve.

Backing out the back-cap will increase your fps. I would get it as close as you can to your field's limit, and then leave it for the first few times that you play. After it's broken in, feel free to mess with the dwell, operating pressure, and back-cap adjustment to find a feel and performance that you prefer.

As far as your trigger question goes, I believe that from the factory they just make sure that the trigger activates the microswitch before they box it. The nice thing is that the axe comes with a great stock trigger that can be adjusted in four different ways to preference.

Albion College Lacrosse
Bloodymurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:31 PM #7
dynamomark
BallzOut Paintball

dynamomark owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
dynamomark supports our troops
i havent heard of an overpressure safety for the mini or axe.

i hear you can fire it with eyes off for a complete tank or two to help with break in period.

][nvert Mini / Infinity Legend / ICD B2K4 w/ pds / Tippmann A5 / 2011 Mokal Aura / Spyder Advancer / GI Micro50 / Spyder Imagine / WGP Outkast Pump / WGP Prostock / DP E1 / Azodin Kaos
dynamomark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:35 PM #8
Capt'n Crunch
Bonus Balled Toucan Sam

could just be the noid sticking, first I'd heard of it with an Axe but was a common issue with Mini's. Someone had a thing here on how to clean the noid, could have just come from the factory with too much lube on it.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:30 PM #9
sparx52

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamomark View Post
i havent heard of an overpressure safety for the mini or axe.

i hear you can fire it with eyes off for a complete tank or two to help with break in period.
the safty part I took from my luxe cool thing about that if the reg hit 300to 310 or higher the noid will vent insted of blowning out
I had a v.1 or 2 mini about 2 yrs ago . so kinda fimiliar .
Old 04-21-2011, 08:36 PM #10
sparx52

I found random forums talking about loose feednecks, board bolts and detents out the box . mine had loose detents like super finger loose.
Im not in the mood to break down a brand new gun out the box thats why im ask around before i call kee.
but as for sence i lowered the input pressure to 180 it seems fine .
btw there was barely ne lube on the bolt rings

as for the trigger im setting it now which isnt hard but damn thats a big magnet !
Old 04-22-2011, 07:29 PM #11
dusto1002
ftw

i took mine apart as soon as i had my hands on it, i tightened all the screws, and re lubed.

alot of the screws ended up being loose. make sure the asa and detents and board screws are tight. on my mini all of said screws were loose.

it only took about 15 mins. some people even loc tite some of the screws. btw the trigger screws have a thing for becoming loose. careful not to lose any of the screws or magnets though!!
dusto1002 is offline   Reply With Quote