Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-17-2011, 04:37 PM #1
ccgeogeek

High School Paintball

Hi everyone, I know I have relatively few posts here at pbnation, but I assure you what follows is in no way meant as spam.

I am a High School Teacher in Chicago. I have recently started an "officially unofficial" club at my school. It has been quite successful with about 25-30 active members in our first 3 outings. We have even had a few, limited, sponsorship offers.

Anyways this recent success has convinced me to expand my efforts, and assist other students trying to start clubs. I strongly feel that this is the future of paintball, and can also strengthen student relationships with their respective schools. I am now talking with a few other schools in the Chicagoland area, in hopes of forming a loose "aliance" / club if you will to reduce prices and increase the regularity of our play.

To do this I have created two things:
1) A facebook group named (uncreatively) High School Paintball. You can find it here http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=...127007810&ap=1

2) A blog by the same name here : highschoolpaintball.blogspot.com

Please come check them out and offer any constructive criticism that you have. It will be highly appreciated. Any questions you have please don't hesitate to ask! If you find the information useful all I ask is that you tell your friends about the group and blog.
ccgeogeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-17-2011, 04:58 PM #2
-Ozzy-
#77 Orbital Chaos

Good luck!
Maybe don't start off your pitch as negative as you did your post just now. After the first sentence I was expecting something awful to come lol!
Old 04-17-2011, 05:45 PM #3
hotshot44
Navy Paintball

hotshot44 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
hotshot44 supports Team VICIOUS
hotshot44 is an NCPA player
hotshot44 plays in the APPA D5 division
haha ^^^ as a teacher, when giving criticism, you're supposed to do the "oreo" method. good, bad, good!

HUGE Gun Sale(Victories, Clones, and a DM10!) F/S/T

I have Clones and VX's for sale, every color. PM me!
hotshot44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 11:05 PM #4
ccgeogeek

I suppose, but I didn't want to start off with a misunderstanding here. For what I'm doing, I think it is pretty important to start off on the right foot...
Old 04-17-2011, 11:11 PM #5
hofasho
G-What?!?!

Annual Supporting Member
hofasho supports DLX Technology
i think what your doing for the sport and the students in your area is a GREAT idea.. keep doing what you are doing i like it
hofasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:58 AM #6
ccgeogeek

Thank you! It is alot of work for no pay, but I think it is worth it. I only hope I can keep gaining support from people like you, and others on this board.
Old 04-19-2011, 07:10 PM #7
iJaredd

jeez your lucky

i wish my high school will do this club thing, i love playing and my teammate does to, we were talking about it today at lunch about asking the school to make a club but we dont nobody in the school that would actually seriously do it and we dont really want to be known as the school fags even though paintball is cool just not to others
iJaredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 06:41 AM #8
Tom )TCO(
Old School

Tom )TCO( is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot44 View Post
haha ^^^ as a teacher, when giving criticism, you're supposed to do the "oreo" method. good, bad, good!
thought the good stuff was in the middle? that's what they tell you in the commercials!
Old 04-20-2011, 09:59 PM #9
Gabe425

Gabe425 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Gabe425 supports Team VICIOUS
sounds pretty awesome. Im a highschool student myself, and would love to have a "unofficial" club for it at my school. Of course it will never be able to be a real club in highschool because it promotes violence and shooting blah blah all that crap. Alas, Ill have to stick to ultimate frisbee and play paintball silently on sundays
Gabe425 is offline   Reply With Quote