Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-11-2010, 07:28 PM #43
DoughBoy239
anti obama

DoughBoy239 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaDvs View Post
I have asked the NPPL to return to the Commanders Cup back to Miami but yes due to Hurricanes and bad weather it is a little bit harder then SD, Cali. I also know that trying to have an event in Miami Beach is really expensive and the City of Miami Beach will not give the NPPL the Beach for this event. I think the NPPL should consider the Ft Laud. boardwalk area or the Ft. Laud Beach area, i know they have alot of locations which are very spacious and can attract spectators to the event. Regarding the stands they should not try and charge so much for a seat to watch paintball, instead they should just charge $1.00 for everyone including players that did not make it to SUNDAY. I understand that the league needs to make more money but remember the league also needs to think smart if they get the stands full of people it makes their event look amazing to the paintball community. Unlike charging $5.00 or more and risking players to sneaking in or non paintball players to just turn away. I also agree that the league should give out free tickets and other prizes, lets be real guys paintball is not what it use to be. People have less money to play and their are much less teams playing in either one of the leagues. I think the league should take this into consideration and work with teams and players to try and help the sport grow not just think of money and scare away players and teams. Guys lets come together and help this sport grow thats the only why this sport will continue to be around.
i agree. it would great for 7man in FL. most play PSP cause it is our back yard. there are teams out there wanting to play 7man but its not offered here. and a dollar a person is great idea. its simple and adds up
Boogie Fan #13
LOOKING FOR ALL FLEX PARTS
DoughBoy239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-03-2011, 07:41 PM #44
Skooter914

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***MINIONS*** View Post
agreed. nppl has come leaps and bounds, but there should be no reason for huge gaps in the stands on fridays and saturdays. lets get some free tickets to our viewers and get some fans!!
Do Minions have a full roster this year?
Skooter914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:42 PM #45
Skooter914

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmora2980 View Post
Lets get nppl back in Texas
True
Skooter914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:06 PM #46
=DaveP=
--GUNSHINE STATE--

=DaveP= plays in the PSP
=DaveP= plays in the APPA D4 division
TITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! More tits pleaze... that is all.
=DaveP= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 06:45 AM #47
***MINIONS*** (Banned)

***MINIONS*** plays in the USPL
***MINIONS*** plays in the PSP
***MINIONS*** owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
***MINIONS*** supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skooter914 View Post
Do Minions have a full roster this year?
we have so many guys we have two teams now, who's asking?
***MINIONS*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:08 PM #48
mini333

mini333 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
mini333 supports Team VICIOUS
mini333 is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by IplayforRelentless View Post
NPPL actually had D1 teams playing Pro teams at Vegas, I think a Colorado team ALMOST beat Avalanche. Came to a 2 on 1 or something like that, but Avalanche ended up on top.
happened in DC aswell but arsenal predz walked all over pros

CLUTCH
mini333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:50 PM #49
EgoManiacKid29

EgoManiacKid29 plays in the USPL
EgoManiacKid29 plays in the PSP
EgoManiacKid29 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by mini333 View Post
happened in DC aswell but arsenal predz walked all over pros
i dont think ill ever forget that infamous game
Ballers Inc.
Jeff Stinson Photography
EgoManiacKid29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:27 PM #50
RevCain
Crash Paintball

RevCain is playing at Living Legends III
RevCain owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
RevCain supports Team VICIOUS
RevCain posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by IplayforRelentless View Post
NPPL actually had D1 teams playing Pro teams at Vegas, I think a Colorado team ALMOST beat Avalanche. Came to a 2 on 1 or something like that, but Avalanche ended up on top.
Actually that was our team

It was named after the legendary former team FURY but was actually a mix of Colorado CRASH and Fury players ! (we had some D-1 Players join so we had to add a Semi Pro team for them to be able to play)

We actually had a couple teams on the ropes and we won our match against XSV ! We had Out in the Woods in a 6-2 before penalties, Avalanche in a 2 on 1 and we NEVER got rolled by any pro team (we got rolled by Semi Pro Teams lol)

((All of the Pros were a great help in adjusting to the new Division, inparticular Frank C. and Thomas T. ))

We are hoping to prove that we can compete on a Semi Pro level. We may have some work to do, but it seems as though we are headed in the right direction.

Though we will not be named Fury again next season, they have decided to purchase a pro franchise, there will be a few teams from Colorado playing in the higher divisions next season !

At a time when the sport in some places seems to be shrinking, due to the hard work of a few people in our region the scene in the midwest is growing !

Long Live Major League Paintball !

Last edited by RevCain : 01-06-2011 at 01:18 AM.
RevCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:44 AM #51
shock2k3
get hostile

shock2k3 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
shock2k3 plays in the APPA D4 division
to everyone saying they should drop dc.. three things

1. pevs owns nppl, if they did drop dc it would probly just go to another pevs if thats possible so keep that in mind

2. pevs is a 7 hour drive and im in new hampshire, thats not that bad honestly any new england team could make the drive (that event was about 500-600 per person instead of 800-1000 like a fly to event) and im sure the people who live more south could say the same thing, dc isnt that far

3. pevs was probly the best event of the year, just lacked the teams other events had. they had brand new turf and bunkers, also the reffing staff was really good compared to some events (not counting the regulars who are always there and always do good work).
Old 01-07-2011, 09:47 PM #52
LittleH8kid

LittleH8kid supports Pev's Paintball
LittleH8kid plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by shock2k3 View Post
to everyone saying they should drop dc.. three things

1. pevs owns nppl, if they did drop dc it would probly just go to another pevs if thats possible so keep that in mind

2. pevs is a 7 hour drive and im in new hampshire, thats not that bad honestly any new england team could make the drive (that event was about 500-600 per person instead of 800-1000 like a fly to event) and im sure the people who live more south could say the same thing, dc isnt that far

3. pevs was probly the best event of the year, just lacked the teams other events had. they had brand new turf and bunkers, also the reffing staff was really good compared to some events (not counting the regulars who are always there and always do good work).
smart man
LittleH8kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:02 AM #53
mpatterson

opinion

i think paintball needs more mainstream advertising ,i live in san diego and the only way i found out nppl hb was taking place in april was to go to nppl.com ,the best advertising is still word of mouth but to someone who has never seen or played how would yhey know to go to nppl.com ,i think more mainstream advertising and mabey changeing nppl to something more informative like P.B. PROFESSIONAL PAINTBALL or something ,just a thought
mpatterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 02:43 PM #54
AndrewRagan
Dirt Till You Die #777

AndrewRagan posts videos on PbNation
AndrewRagan has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
AndrewRagan has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
AndrewRagan has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
AndrewRagan has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
They need to change the refs...
Every year they make shatty calls due to either being hung over from that thurs night or just because they're afraid to make calls to upper level teams..
Old 04-13-2011, 03:09 PM #55
vivalaconfederacy
El PRESIDENTE

vivalaconfederacy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
vivalaconfederacy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
vivalaconfederacy supports Pev's Paintball
I Love The Nppl But Seriously You Guys Need To Get Your **** Together And Release Sundays Schedule At A Reasonable Time. No 12am Bull**** Like It Has Always Been!!!
XSV EGO9
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3264655
vivalaconfederacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 03:40 PM #56
AndrewRagan
Dirt Till You Die #777

AndrewRagan posts videos on PbNation
AndrewRagan has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
AndrewRagan has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
AndrewRagan has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
AndrewRagan has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivalaconfederacy View Post
I Love The Nppl But Seriously You Guys Need To Get Your **** Together And Release Sundays Schedule At A Reasonable Time. No 12am Bull**** Like It Has Always Been!!!
For realz.... And lets get the teams points updated in the system already.. It's not until the end of the season when nppl updates who's got what in tournament points...
Old 04-13-2011, 04:34 PM #57
Barber
Moose Krew.

has been a member for 10 years
Barber plays in the PSP
Barber is an NCPA player
Barber plays in the APPA D4 division
Last time I checked the NPPL site it was the Tuesday after the event. The team list and rosters weren't updated and none of the Sunday scores were posted.

How much time and effort would it take to give people an accurate list of teams and rosters, including which teams are paid? How much effort does it take to update the scores every couple hours?
Old 04-18-2011, 11:43 AM #58
D2HAHA

I still think NPPL should invest more in mainstream locations. Chicago and DC ARE great events but other than paintball players whos watching? Huntington beach and even Vegas have paintball virgins watchig and being introduced to the sport. Isnt that the idea of " national" events. Bring paintball TO the masses!! Need to have events in more tourist like locations. IE Disne, South Beach etc.. So. Invest in the future. Spend the money for the better locations.
Old 04-18-2011, 12:15 PM #59
jarude
Blackout

jarude plays in the PSP
jarude plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by D2HAHA View Post
I still think NPPL should invest more in mainstream locations. Chicago and DC ARE great events but other than paintball players whos watching? Huntington beach and even Vegas have paintball virgins watchig and being introduced to the sport. Isnt that the idea of " national" events. Bring paintball TO the masses!! Need to have events in more tourist like locations. IE Disne, South Beach etc.. So. Invest in the future. Spend the money for the better locations.
I think the rent for locations like that are just to high to justify. The NPPL at the end of the day is still a business and businesses need to earn a profit to succeed.

They have had events at huge venues in the past, and having attended a lot of them, it was still 95% if not higher the people playing in the event or industry people. The nppl is going about this the right way. To huge events to open and close the year at very public locations with 2 events that are probably a lot cheaper in the middle to recoup some cost from the first and last events.

The webcast is the right way to expand the sport. I hope the NPPL found success in whatever they were trying to achieve with the webcast. Whether it was for a trail event to see if paintball would fit into the xgames or just to reach a larger audience. It was well produced and I hope to see more of it in the future.
2011 NPPL DC Challenge 1st Place / Chicago Open 2nd Place/Las Vegas Championship 2nd Place
Blackout 2010 NPPL D4-5 Man Series Champions
jarude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:54 PM #60
D2HAHA

Agree... Just thought the more populated events i.e huntington beach were money makers. Espn definitly great step in the right direction. Mabe coordinate with other events to pool the audiances dunno just puttin it out there. NPPL= great job. I just wanna see this sport grow grow grow..