Old 02-25-2011, 11:49 AM #1
Alex4108
The real alex.

Alex4108 posts videos on PbNation
Alex4108 supports Pev's Paintball
Alex4108 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Alex4108 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Funniest moment

So I know reffing is a massive responsibility.. keeping everyone safe and all, but what about when your just waiting for a game? I've seen it, refs goof off when nothing's happening, just like any other job.

So, have you done anything that everyone still finds funny while you were working? Don't worry, I won't tell your boss
Old 04-15-2011, 04:03 PM #2
Big Tone

Wasn't funny at the time, but watching it on vid was hilarious

Head Ref on field 3 at a local tourney, 3man. Three players left on team A, one from team B at Snake 1. While two players from A hammered the crap out of the pillow, the third player ran down the inside of the snake for the mug. About 10 steps away from the pillow, the cover fire stopped as his team-mates had to reload. Committed, player 3 continued on. Snake 1 then popped out, saw the mugger and started shooting. Player 3 tried to twist out of the way, but only managed to put himself at an awkward angle.

Snake 1s first shot caught this guys mask just at the right (wrong) angle to start it sliding. Shots two and three stripped it off his head, and shots four and five hit this guy in the right ear and right temple.

And that's where I came in. I saw the mask starting to go after the first hit. To get to the guy, I had to a jump/slide over snake 2, another pillow (about 1 metre high) where I then crash tackled the guy and rolled on top of him until I was protecting his head. Unfortunately for him, I'm 6'2" and weigh over 150kg (about 330lb).

The dude was seriously unhappy, and even madder when he found that during the tackle/rolling his hopper had snapped at the neck and was unusable.

As I was standing there, thanking God the guy still had both eyes, he started shouting and calling me some very nasty names. I thought the guy was gunna start swinging and then HIS OWN TEAM-MATE tackled him again, threw him to the ground, wiped the paint from this dudes forehead and showed it to him.

The guy went white, got quiet, thanked me and left the field. I then sent everyone back to their original positions an finished the game.

Again, not funny at the time, but side-splitting on video
Old 04-15-2011, 04:06 PM #3
mrmag911
Spam ftw!

mrmag911 plays in the APPA D4 division
Trying to assess a one-for-one at an NPPL event, running all over the field but the team that I was trying to assess the penalty to had no players left. None of my fellow refs helped inform me so needless to say I looked like an r-tard running up and down the field.

Old Feedback: +40/-0
mrmag911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 09:12 PM #4
GivenRandy

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmag911 View Post
Trying to assess a one-for-one at an NPPL event, running all over the field but the team that I was trying to assess the penalty to had no players left. None of my fellow refs helped inform me so needless to say I looked like an r-tard running up and down the field.
Good one!
GivenRandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 09:50 PM #5
Alex4108
The real alex.

Alex4108 posts videos on PbNation
Alex4108 supports Pev's Paintball
Alex4108 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Alex4108 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmag911
LOL.

My funniest was to I had to Check the guy at the race, and I'm on the sideline. I dove over the snake beam, fell over a cake, then crawled into the race only for the guy to run away onto the d side, and the ref on that sideline checks him... It was bull