PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-14-2011, 06:30 PM #1
Minigoth1
I'm not goth...

has been a member for 10 years
Between a board and a camera

so I have a little over a hundre bucks to spend.
I'm between a wacom tablet and a Kodak Zi8.

I do some freelance design work so I could use a wacom board for that. My question for you guys is what's a good decent size for under $150? I've never really used one, I just used pencil, stencils, or a mouse so I need to upgrade a little bit.

Now as far as the Zi8 goes - my friend is a Berklee student and he's started a business called BootlegBoston. Basically he gets hired to bring all his equiptment to a bands show and record them live and uses ProTools for the post production. along with the Professional recording, he also films them using a few people on camera and we edit it all together with Final Cut Pro. I was going to get a Zi8 to prop up in a designated stop throughout these shows and film a time lapse during any set up or break down and use that as any any intros or while rolling any credits. My only concern is most of the bands are metal and their shows are very dark which is pretty difficult for a little camera like that.

So I ask you, what should I go for? and if you say Wacom, what size and why? and put a price behind it if you could.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-14-2011, 06:55 PM #2
r_racer11
The mad santa hatter

Im still using a wacom bamboo tablet from like a year or two ago and its yet to fail on me. The newer models are even nicer and in your price range.
"Originally posted by SmArT-SpOrKs: Jesus Tapdancing christ this thread is a cluster**** on both sides. Its like the civil war, but replace muskets with pool noodles and everyone has a wicked sunburn."

ST PHOTOBUCKET
_-_ST:GDT 10,000 posts and counting

c4designs.org
r_racer11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 07:34 PM #3
Minigoth1
I'm not goth...

has been a member for 10 years
What size is yours? I feel that one that is like 6x8 may be a bit small but I may be wrong. thoughts?
Old 04-14-2011, 07:46 PM #4
r_racer11
The mad santa hatter

mine is actually a 6x4, if this is your first tablet you might not want to splurge and buy an expensive one right off the bat. Some people dont like tablets at all when they try them.
"Originally posted by SmArT-SpOrKs: Jesus Tapdancing christ this thread is a cluster**** on both sides. Its like the civil war, but replace muskets with pool noodles and everyone has a wicked sunburn."

ST PHOTOBUCKET
_-_ST:GDT 10,000 posts and counting

c4designs.org
r_racer11 is offline   Reply With Quote