PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-31-2011, 03:43 PM #1
MagFan
Schoolin' Fools Since '98

Promaster + UTB

Hey guys. Damn this forum is dead. Really sad.

But anywho, I still shoot my Promaster as my main electro (it has been for about two years now). I have a Logic USF trigger frame that I would love to put on her, but I don't trust myself to solder/desolder the swtitch from my Kila board in order to relocate it in the frame. I was thinking the UTB would be nice for this reason.

Anyone have any experience with a UTB on a Promaster? Do the two work together well?
Joshua 24:15
"But if you don't want to serve the Lord, you must choose for yourselves today whom you will serve... As for me and my family, we will serve the Lord."

~PROUD member of the NRA~
MagFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 04:32 PM #2
hansolo8221

Yep, that is what is now powering this beast:

A universal board should be able to operate pretty much any marker that you can think of. If your frame doesn't have a spot for a membrane pad the UTB does come in a microswitch version as well.

Although, if you have enough soldering skills to put together the harness for the UTB you should be able to remove the switch from the Kila board. I have put together three custom harnesses; they can be fairly soldering-intensive.
hansolo8221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:23 AM #3
MagFan
Schoolin' Fools Since '98

That's good to know. I can solder wires just fine, I'm just unsure about soldering to the board. I'm afraid I may burn it up.

The USF frame I'll be using is a Shocker frame, so it has neither a switch spot or a membrane spot. I would like the membrane option, so I'll hit up the Ion forum and ask about machinists that will do that for me. The button hole I was thinking would be a good spot for an LED. So that's my plan.
Joshua 24:15
"But if you don't want to serve the Lord, you must choose for yourselves today whom you will serve... As for me and my family, we will serve the Lord."

~PROUD member of the NRA~
MagFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 02:55 PM #4
DyeMonic
Keep Satan in Christmas

DyeMonic is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
DyeMonic is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagFan View Post
That's good to know. I can solder wires just fine, I'm just unsure about soldering to the board. I'm afraid I may burn it up.
I use to think the same thing, but soldering on boards is extremely easy. The boards i've soldered on (not paintball boards), there was no concern about burning it, but it may be different from your board. Just be careful and don't do anything stupid.
R.I.P Harbinger[TG] aka Kevin - 4/18/08 (permed)
DyeMonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 04:35 PM #5
ICdzBuff
PL Mogul

ICdzBuff supports Team VICIOUS
ICdzBuff supports Sherwood Forest
ICdzBuff supports Sherwood Forest
ICdzBuff posts videos on PbNation
ICdzBuff is an NCPA player
ICdzBuff supports Pev's Paintball
ICdzBuff has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagFan View Post
Hey guys. Damn this forum is dead. Really sad.
All the cool cats are over on ICD-Owners

Anyway, to answer your question, UTB works fine, but I personally like the programming better on the Kila. It really is a incredibly easy to desolder the switch, might be worth a try, unless space is a factor, then maybe just go with the UTB (though Kilas aren't much bigger)

63 ICD Bushmasters \/ Moderator ICDO \/ Feedback ICDO

ICdzBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 09:39 AM #6
63VDub

has been a member for 10 years
Don't worry about hitting the Ion group for a machinist. talk to cs900 here. He's done some stuff for us ICDers, including putting membrane pads on my Deffy and PM frames.

I am at the pinnacle of mediocrity.

Wiring problems? I know the man who can hook you up with a brand new FURIOUS harness!!CLICK HERE!

http://www.icd-owners.com/ It's where you need to be.
63VDub is offline   Reply With Quote