Jettyboy
Life

Annual Supporting Member
Jettyboy is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Jettyboy supports Cereal Killerz 2
Jettyboy is Boss
Lightbulb Mid-Atlantic Event 1 Props/ Constructive Criticism

Haven't seen anything posted about the first mid-atlantic event yet so I felt the need to post a little write-up based on what I saw as a Premier team member.

VENUE: In my mind PAP is one of the premier venue's on the east coast. Rick has put so much into this field and it really shows. Parking was plentiful, the property itself was looking great, and the proshop was able to handle all the teams buying paint, checking in, and asking questions. I only wish that there were other vendors there to create that big event atmosphere. HUGE shoutout to the snack bar for the amazing food they provided.

FIELD: The field itself was excellent. The layout was mirrored almost perfectly and the bunkers were maintained very well. The pits were clean, dual air stations made the players lives much easier, and there was a ton of space for teams to stage. Our team never had an issue getting in and out of the pit. The score board was awesome, there were a couple timing issues at the start of the day but once everyone understood how conceding points and timeouts worked things got rolling.

REFFING: Let me start out by saying that as a player I understand that reffing is one of the hardest things to do in paintball. Being objective and making calls when teams emotions are flying is a hard thing to do well. I have mad respect for Nasty for being out there and I appreciate the hard work they put into the event. That being said, throughout the event it seemed as though calls were far too lax. Penalties were not being called, and when they were called it seemed as though the refs didn't understand what the penalty entailed. Playing on was a big issue and the players that did it weren't being called for it. As the day progressed and the refs became more comfortable calls did happen, but for the first few matches it was obvious the refs were afraid to make the tough calls. That being said, for the first event I'd say that overall the reffing was decent. As the series progresses I'm positive the refs will gain the experience needed to start making the tough calls.

TEAMS: I have to say, I don't think I have ever experienced a better tournament atmosphere anywhere else. Every team we played against was very straightforward and there was little to no drama on and off the field. After every match both teams happily lined up to give props to their opponents. You don't see that very often and it was refreshing to see at a tournament.

MEDIA: It was great having Unsigned out there for photos. I know Chris has already posted his gallery up on his website so everyone who played should definitely check it out. I saw at least two people including OTB Productions shooting video out there and I can't wait to see the event mix. It an amazing feeling knowing that we're getting high quality media coverage at these events and I hope all the teams that played out there can appreciate the hard work those guys put in the this event. Ginormus to everyone who covered this event.

OVERALL: I along with my entire team had a great time at this event. A big thanks goes out to Rick for putting this event together. I have full faith and confidence that the minor issues I pointed out will be resolved by the next event. I can't wait to get out to Skyline and I hope that the series continues at this high of a caliber.

If anyone else wants to share their experience feel free to post up here

Last edited by Jettyboy : 04-12-2011 at 03:45 PM.
Jettyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-12-2011, 11:45 AM #2
mikesullivan21490

Annual Supporting Member
mikesullivan21490 is a Supporting Member
mikesullivan21490 supports our troops
mikesullivan21490 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Old 04-12-2011, 09:00 PM #3
tylerdurden79

has been a member for 10 years
Yeah reffing sucks and we were trying not to be harsh but as teams continued to cheat as much as possible it was necessary to lay down the hammer, Congrats to those who won they're matches!
tylerdurden79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 11:09 PM #4
jstadler

jstadler plays in the PSP
jstadler plays in the APPA D2 division
I agree it was a fun event everything about it kept me on my heels and i would like to apologize to any of the refs that had any issues with my team if there was any.
Even when you can't see Him... God IS there... if you have accepted Jesus as your personal lord and saviour, put this in your sig, if not, you should reexamine your life
jstadler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 11:30 AM #5
NITRO 27

NITRO 27 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
PAP + AXBL = a great time . it was fun to watch all the great matches throughout the day . As for the reffing its a Nasty job but somebody's got to do it