PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-12-2011, 07:15 AM #1
Razyger

Razyger plays in the APPA D4 division
Razyger has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Solenoid issue?

When I'm firing my mini fast in semi-auto, sometimes it will start venting gas down the barrel. If I pull the trigger a couple more times it will stop, and go back to normal.

This has started happening for about the past month or so, playing most week-ends. This happens whether the back cap is 1/2 turn out, 1 turn out, 2 turns out, or 3 turns out. Same deal. My poppet is V4. I've replaced all 0-rings with new ones, and carefully lubed everything (not poppet seal).

I have opened the solenoid twice now, and found the piston in the wrong position, not floating in the middle but sitting at the bottom of the chamber. Is it likely this is happening again? What makes the solenoid piston get out of position? Low battery? Could this be a board problem?

I haven't found this issue in the sticky threads, so any input would be much appreciated. Thanks a ton -

Kevin

Last edited by Razyger : 04-12-2011 at 08:06 AM.
Razyger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-12-2011, 10:18 AM #2
Bloodymurder

Bloodymurder supports Empire
With the v4 poppet, is the spring sitting on the back of it? And if it is, clean it, the hole it goes into, and the inside face of the back cap that it bounces off of.

What is your operating pressure? And what kind of maintenance have you done on the solenoid?

Albion College Lacrosse
Bloodymurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 12:44 PM #3
Razyger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodymurder View Post
With the v4 poppet, is the spring sitting on the back of it? And if it is, clean it, the hole it goes into, and the inside face of the back cap that it bounces off of.
ok, I'll try that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodymurder View Post
What is your operating pressure? And what kind of maintenance have you done on the solenoid?
I've had this problem at 160psi, and also at 190psi.

I've taken the solenoid apart and cleaned it with a q-tip, and re-centered the piston. Haven't put lube on any part of it.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:45 PM #4
Bloodymurder

Bloodymurder supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razyger View Post
ok, I'll try that

I've had this problem at 160psi, and also at 190psi.

I've taken the solenoid apart and cleaned it with a q-tip, and re-centered the piston. Haven't put lube on any part of it.
If the problem is still happening, I would recommend trying cleaning the piston off realllly good with either water or rubbing alcohol, and make sure it's completely dry before resetting it. If it keeps going after that the only thing I could think of would be that your poppet seal could have a tiny knick in it, or your solenoid could have taken a ****.

Albion College Lacrosse
Bloodymurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:47 PM #5
Razyger

This seems to have worked. The guide that the poppet goes in was extremely dirty, with oily black crud. It seems pretty likely that the poppet wasnt closing sometimes cause it couldn't slide easily. Played with it in a tourney Sunday with no problems. Thanks a ton.