Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-08-2011, 01:07 AM #1
MightyMike
Release The Beast!!

has been a member for 10 years
MightyMike donated to help Peyton Trent
Awards Ceremony sucked!!

I wish the NPPL gave out the championship trophy to Dynasty on the center 50 as soon as the final game was over so everyone could see. I didn't realize the tropy was given on their side of the field since i was sitting on the opposite side of the grandstand. My 10 year old nephew's hockey league does a better job with awards ceremonies than the NPPL.
Alias Abomb Intimidator
DM6
Black Magic E2 Eclipse Eblade
Mighty Mag - Red/Chrome X-valved Minimag
My Feedback
MightyMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-08-2011, 07:36 AM #2
I'm RickJames
DJ/MC for the NPPL

I'm RickJames supports Pev's Paintball
I'm RickJames plays in the APPA D4 division
I'm pretty sure that was for the benefit of the ESPN cameras... that doesn't make it right though. I will bring it up to the powers that be and try to have that fixed for Chicago.

Chris

Follow me on Twitter- NPPLDJ

Proudly representing... PEV'S PAINTBALL, EMPIRE PAINTBALL, KEE ACTION SPORTS and BOB LONG
I'm RickJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:38 AM #3
i got an ion
RIP Royals

i got an ion plays in the PSP
i got an ion plays in the APPA D2 division
i realize that the lower divisions dont matter as much either, but from what i saw and experienced there was no award ceremony for them. it was like heres your trophy lets take one quick pic and your outta here.

Sacramento DMG

Capital Edge Paintball Park(CEPP)
i got an ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:51 AM #4
TzeentchianGod
aka Sentinel

TzeentchianGod is a Supporting Member
TzeentchianGod supports Cereal Killerz 2
Awards ceremonies are always tough to do, what with people needing to catch flights, general fan (and even Team) disinterest and waning light.

The Pro Trophy presentation was indeed staged solely for the ESPN cameras. And while I can sympathize with folks in the stands, it being filmed means more people get to watch, including anybody who was actually in attendance at the event. Just go online.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:03 PM #5
MightyMike
Release The Beast!!

Great replies. Here's the thing....I paid $20 to watch the finals along with everyone else in the grandstand on Sunday. That is double price they charged last year. If it helps the NPPL out financially then i'm all for it....I love coming to this event. I just felt cheated not being able to watch the awards ceremonies especially when this is the biggest event of the year and the sun was still out.

How about as soon final game is over, the NPPL staff run out on the field with tables and trophies in an open area, on the center 50, near the grandstand of course, and have both teams go directly to that area to receive their trophies and celebrate there. I'm sure people will stick around if this is done quickly. If planned properly, I don't see why the ESPN 3 cameras cannot have their cameras ready to film this?
Alias Abomb Intimidator
DM6
My Feedback

Last edited by MightyMike : 04-08-2011 at 02:06 PM.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:01 PM #6
I'm RickJames
DJ/MC for the NPPL

I'm RickJames supports Pev's Paintball
I'm RickJames plays in the APPA D4 division
I understand and sympathize with you... I am sorry that you didn't have the best possible experience. Since I am typically involved in the award ceremony I will speak to Chuck and Pev and voice everyone's concerns. I will do my best to have this issue resolved by Chicago.

Thanks and sorry,
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMike View Post
Great replies. Here's the thing....I paid $20 to watch the finals along with everyone else in the grandstand on Sunday. That is double price they charged last year. If it helps the NPPL out financially then i'm all for it....I love coming to this event. I just felt cheated not being able to watch the awards ceremonies especially when this is the biggest event of the year and the sun was still out.

How about as soon final game is over, the NPPL staff run out on the field with tables and trophies in an open area, on the center 50, near the grandstand of course, and have both teams go directly to that area to receive their trophies and celebrate there. I'm sure people will stick around if this is done quickly. If planned properly, I don't see why the ESPN 3 cameras cannot have their cameras ready to film this?

Follow me on Twitter- NPPLDJ

Proudly representing... PEV'S PAINTBALL, EMPIRE PAINTBALL, KEE ACTION SPORTS and BOB LONG
I'm RickJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 03:29 PM #7
TzeentchianGod
aka Sentinel

Quote:

Cameras are tethered and moving them around is more involved than picking one up and walking with it.
Old 04-08-2011, 05:56 PM #8
MightyMike
Release The Beast!!

Chris aka "Rick James".....thank you for taking the time to listen and coming back with a solution. I was at the Las Vegas NPPL event last year and there was an awards ceremony and it was at night. I just hope the NPPL can plan with ESPN 3 for the next event to make this happen. Thanks again!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm RickJames View Post
I understand and sympathize with you... I am sorry that you didn't have the best possible experience. Since I am typically involved in the award ceremony I will speak to Chuck and Pev and voice everyone's concerns. I will do my best to have this issue resolved by Chicago.

Thanks and sorry,
Chris
Alias Abomb Intimidator
DM6
My Feedback
Old 04-08-2011, 06:00 PM #9
MightyMike
Release The Beast!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzeentchianGod View Post
Cameras are tethered and moving them around is more involved than picking one up and walking with it.

TzeentchianGod - I know this can be done because ESPN 3 had one of their cameras on the field taping the lady singing the National Anthem right next to the grandstand. I already watched it on ESPN 3 replay.
Alias Abomb Intimidator
DM6
My Feedback
Old 04-08-2011, 08:07 PM #10
bcfan25
whatever.

bcfan25 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
I remember back in 2008 and earlier they used to have the podiums on field after the last game with trophy and medal presentations. Those always looked solid and gave a little extra incentive to win.
Old 04-08-2011, 11:55 PM #11
TzeentchianGod
aka Sentinel

Quote:
TzeentchianGod - I know this can be done because ESPN 3 had one of their cameras on the field taping the lady singing the National Anthem right next to the grandstand. I already watched it on ESPN 3 replay.
And you saw Matty interviewing them, right? And you saw the Backdrop, and the 2 camera angles...

They wanted that shot for ESPN. I'm not saying they didn't break eggs to make that omelet, and I totally understand the problem. I'm saying a decision was made that allowed the most amount of people to see the Pro 1st place trophy get presented with interviews, sound, Ollie spraying me and everybody else with champagne...

In a perfect world the grandstand crowd would also get to see that happen live... and if ESPN wants more maybe now we can make that happen. Let's all hope ESPN wants more!
Old 04-11-2011, 02:10 PM #12
FrontPlaya04
I will set you on fire

FrontPlaya04 plays in the PSP
FrontPlaya04 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
It's a shame that there isn't the kind of money in it that there used to be. If you watch the Etv artifact video "Ghosts on the boardwalk" they show an award ceremony from back in like 2003 or something with dynasty and it was HUGE.

Nasty NXT for sale
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...ight=nxt+nasty
FrontPlaya04 is offline   Reply With Quote