Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-28-2011, 04:44 PM #1
psychotrshman

Broken PT Enforcer

I got this gun 10 years ago and its never worked. I've recently gotten back into paintball and I'm trying to repair all of my guns and get back into the game. Now that I have a job I can buy parts/etc to fix it. Heres the issue: When you insert a CO2 (small 12 gram) it drains the whole cartridge through the barrel instantly. I've seen other sites saying to lightly sand the cup seal or to replace the cupseal completely. The issue I'm having is finding a cupseal for it. If sanding it will work, I'll gladly give it a shot. Also, does anyone know what size orings it has internally? I contacted a manufacturer of oring kits and he said he doesnt carry them, but if I can send him the sizes he could build me a kit. Any information or thoughts is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. So, as an update, last night I stripped the gun completely and oiled everything. I reassembled the gun and loaded a co2. When I screwed the cap on it dumped the entire tank through a hole on the underside of the gun in front of where the handle attaches. Not sure what this hole is for, but its under the air assembly is. Again, any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Last edited by psychotrshman : 03-29-2011 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Updated Problem
psychotrshman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-08-2011, 04:34 PM #2
slyyoung28 (Banned)

Would you sell the pt? I am working on a pistol project and it would be perfect. You can text me at 740-319-3447
slyyoung28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 06:29 PM #3
tommythecat

I have a PT Efnorcer I would gladly sell. It is in really good shape from a cosemtic standpoint. Nearly like new in appearance, except that when I modified the feed tube to be non-removable rear loading I was sloppy with the epoxy around the shiny aluminum tube. I suspect it would just peel off easy enough, but don't feel like giving this thing any more time. Aside from looking to be in really good shape for its age, it is currently not functioning properly. Mechanically it is solid, but the CO2 cartridges no longer seal when punctured and just leak out. I suspect that it just need a new seal or or-ring needed, but don't play paintball frequently anymore so I dont want to mess with it. Additionally, I always found that the thing struggled to puncture the CO2 cartridges with the screw on cap, but it will do it if you are reasonably strong and are careful to align the threads properly.

This thing is cosmetically in good shape for its age, has seen few cycles and is mechanically solid. However, due to the current leak and various other issues this gun was known to be plagued with (not this particular gun, but the PT Enforcer in general) I am only comfortable selling it as a project peice or for parts, not as a workign marker. If you interested, it will be $25 +S&H via paypal.
tommythecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:02 PM #4
Drayven

psycho-
Check dorosports.com It's the only spot I've been able to find anything close to parts for these.

INSIGHT OWNERS GROUP
Drayven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 02:14 PM #5
tommythecat

psycho,
Just some thoughts from my Pt experience. Look to see if your co2 cartridge seal is still in place and undamaged. It can be hard to see with the gun assembled, but if you disassemble it, it is easy to get at. That is the most common problem I have had with my PT (seal falling out, not damaged). When this happens, the gun willexpel c02 from all kinds of places. If the seal is missing, it will empty the cartridge in seconds. If it is damaged it might take longer. This may not be the cause of your problem, but it is about the easiest possibly cause to check, so it is worth looking at and getting out of the way.

Sorry for posting an offer to sell my marker before posting a helpful repsonse to your thread. If your issue isn't with the seal for the co2 cartridge I can sell you a black PT enforcer with all of the other parts nice and cheap, as I determined that the issue with mine is that it is once again missing that seal. Aside from that seal and the fact that my co cartridge puncture pin is rounded over and dull, my internals are in working order.
tommythecat is offline   Reply With Quote