YeloSno
ALT Bazaar - Coming Soon!

Annual Supporting Member
YeloSno supports Team VICIOUS
YeloSno is for the Gunfight
YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
YeloSno is Legendary
YeloSno supports Empire
yeah, I was on a page offering someone who opened their thread about his mq2, before I clicked post, there were already 6 posts like 1/2 a second before mine offering up to 2 times my offering price (I did $80),,,

Thinking of Buying Something, But Don't Know What?
Have A Look Inside for Some Help.

BKAYBKEJHFJK FIRE SALE!
LNIB PE HDEs - CHEAP - Need em gone!
It's a ****ing graphite IZE Flex for sale! WOW.

ALT Bazaar
A new top secret project that isn't so secret. Brought to you by the creator of the Ultimate Purchasing Hierarchy and TBQF Technologies.

"Originally posted by Insane_Vendetta: "We used to be schizophrentic, but now we agree.""
"Originally posted by Somnambulistz: i'm not wearing any underwear! :D"
YeloSno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-04-2011, 12:18 AM #23
hipnopath
Cut it up Fresh.

hipnopath helped look for balloons
hipnopath is playing at Living Legends VI
hipnopath owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
hipnopath supports Team VICIOUS
Makes me glad I got MQ2 for my Karni direct from you guys a very long time ago. I would though love to see spare parts like the seals and poppits, etc.
hipnopath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:26 AM #24
kj6
Moose?

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
The e-cocker market is good right now. Parts are still available - NDZ makes new frames still. Tadao makes boards for cockers.
Looks like you could piece together a reasonable setup, except for the front solenoid. What do you do about that? Looks like NDZ sells housings, but I didn't see the solenoid valve itself. Assuming you could pick that up for $50, it puts the price of an e kit, minus the MQ2, at around $400. Ouch.

That Tadao board guy sure takes the Japanese thing seriously. I usually make fun of myself for being Japanese, because my white half is apparently a huge racist.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:50 AM #25
Fearless_Leader
Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat

Good to see you still around. Cocker market is more along the lines of aka and adg, few dedicated followers left. Though i think the adg/aka seem to have more money. Pretty sure the race issues is due to the battery, I have to charge the night before.

Also my pbx mq1 still killing people.

I can say for certain that if you have a working cocker that shoots just fine you are one of the three, or all of the above. 1- you are not an idiot. 2- you know someone who is not an idiot. 3- you have enough money to pay someone who is not an idiot. - jonotwist
Fearless_Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 04:32 AM #26
Sandridge
Go Bucks!

Sandridge is BST Trusted
But you are missing the point of who is most likely going to buy an MQ2... It isn't someone that has a mech cocker - it'll be someone with a pre-ebladed cocker most likely, or that has purchased an entire E2 setup off of eBay for 160-190 dollars.

Feedback: http://pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=302061
Items Forsale
Sandridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:33 AM #27
Enfamous13

Annual Supporting Member
I believe solenoids are available from airsoldier. Replacement poppit seals are an absolute please do. I had a unusable valve for a year until you had a replacement poppit seal sent to me. Are you going to post the dimensions for the mq2?
Old 04-04-2011, 10:32 AM #28
Sandridge
Go Bucks!

Sandridge is BST Trusted
Solenoids/gaskets can be purchased from other vendors as well. I'm ordering a bunch of solenoid gaskets this week, and may inquire about the actual solenoids too. I'll probably sell them on eBay if I can get a good deal on them. Solenoids typically last a long time - i have yet to have one fail in such a way that simply taking it apart, cleaning and re-lubing doesn't fix it.

Items Forsale
Old 04-04-2011, 10:42 AM #29
hmcl281

all i do is sell used cocker parts and i can tell you there is still a demand for them. people are willing to pay good money for for good cocker parts, cocker people love project marker so they spend good money on parts. we all know if you have a cocker you usually have a few if you are a fan of them. i recently sold a friend dc2 for about 1150 and had no problem selling it. i sold a used mq2 for about 160 not to long ago, the guy was from canada and guess did not want to go through compulsive.

they demand is there, the real question is if you want to continue making the valve. it's your product and you have a life of your own, so it's all up to you.

also forgot to say never listen to flea
Old 04-04-2011, 06:08 PM #30
mxmtl
MQ2 Pumper!

They're great in pumps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj6 View Post
Are e-frames readily available? Most of you are
running e1 and e2 frames, correct?
I found out from drgonzo that Angel LED and Angel LCD frames can be mounted on cockers as simply as drilling an extra hole at the front of the frame. He built an MQ'd sniper using an Angel LED frame and Universal T-Board, running it successfully without a capacitor. I've been running an Angel LCD frame on my MQ2'd sniper with a Universal T-Board with a 2200uF capacitor (since I had room for it). If I had access to a scope, I would like to see if it made any difference at all.

Here are a couple out of the few I did:

There are more out there. People are also stuffing boards into CCM 86* frames. There is a How-To guide posted here by hawaiianking: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2385962

And he also did one with a Dye UL: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2697464

Another member on here, 96 LS Integ, built an MQ2'd sniper with a modified ETek Star Frame. He actually hit me up for one of my spare MQ2 valves around the time Compulsive went out of stock (they appear to be back in stock now).

MQ2 valves make for a very quiet, very consistent, and very easy to tune sniper.

Last edited by mxmtl : 04-04-2011 at 06:10 PM.
mxmtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:32 PM #31
burkemj

all i can say is if you guys make them i would like to buy one
burkemj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:36 PM #32
burkemj

also on cc there is a big following and suport for mq2's
http://customcockers.com/forum/showt...5771-MQ2-Guide
burkemj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:54 PM #33
kj6
Moose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
But you are missing the point of who is most likely going to buy an MQ2... It isn't someone that has a mech cocker - it'll be someone with a pre-ebladed cocker most likely, or that has purchased an entire E2 setup off of eBay for 160-190 dollars.
My concern is that there are a limited number of eblades out there. I have a much higher comfort factor if there's an alternative. I suppose it really doesn't matter when an E2 can be had for less than $200.

hmcl281- A lot of our direct sales were to Canada, Europe, and South America. I guess that's because Compulsive doesn't really ship internationally? That sounds like a major weakness in our current arrangement.

Last edited by kj6 : 04-04-2011 at 10:57 PM.
kj6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:01 PM #34
hipnopath
Cut it up Fresh.

hipnopath helped look for balloons
hipnopath is playing at Living Legends VI
hipnopath owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
hipnopath supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxmtl View Post
They're great in pumps!

I found out from drgonzo that Angel LED and Angel LCD frames can be mounted on cockers as simply as drilling an extra hole at the front of the frame. He built an MQ'd sniper using an Angel LED frame and Universal T-Board, running it successfully without a capacitor. I've been running an Angel LCD frame on my MQ2'd sniper with a Universal T-Board with a 2200uF capacitor (since I had room for it). If I had access to a scope, I would like to see if it made any difference at all.

Here are a couple out of the few I did:

There are more out there. People are also stuffing boards into CCM 86* frames. There is a How-To guide posted here by hawaiianking: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2385962

And he also did one with a Dye UL: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2697464

Another member on here, 96 LS Integ, built an MQ2'd sniper with a modified ETek Star Frame. He actually hit me up for one of my spare MQ2 valves around the time Compulsive went out of stock (they appear to be back in stock now).

MQ2 valves make for a very quiet, very consistent, and very easy to tune sniper.
Sorry for the off topic, but that is a SICK MQ2 Pump! With an Eclipse Ram, and an AKA SCMIII, that would make for one hell of a shooter in Semi.
hipnopath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:29 PM #35
hmcl281

i think jack wood said there are about 10,000 plus sets of eblade out there.

as long as you have a board you can use almost any frame, if your main concern is enough parts to work with the mq.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:30 PM #36
Sandridge
Go Bucks!

Sandridge is BST Trusted
I've never not been able to sell eBlade parts when I've needed to. Whether it is a board, frame, eye, noid -whatever - people snatch those up quickly. There are tons of eBlades out there!

Items Forsale
Old 04-05-2011, 09:06 PM #37
kj6
Moose?

Mike and I estimate there are around 2000 mQ and MQ2 valves in circulation. That's a non-trivial percentage of the available e-cocker pool. How much longer before the market is saturated?
What percentage of e-cockers have an mq in them? Mike thinks that a large fraction of the guns that are actually in use have the valve. Again, I haven't actually been to a paintball field since forever, and I have no idea what's going on.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:34 PM #38
dbkid0486

Quote:
Mike and I estimate there are around 2000 mQ and MQ2 valves in circulation. That's a non-trivial percentage of the available e-cocker pool. How much longer before the market is saturated?
What percentage of e-cockers have an mq in them? Mike thinks that a large fraction of the guns that are actually in use have the valve. Again, I haven't actually been to a paintball field since forever, and I have no idea what's going on.
i have 7 electro cockers. I dont have an mq. I used to have a pbx mq1 in one of them but i was new to electro cockers and removed then sold it. I wish I hadn't because now I want one again.

ClosedBoltBallers
dbkid0486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 12:08 AM #39
playevil
Who needs badges?

Quote:
currently have 3 E2 cockers that would like to be mq'd lol
2011 ASM Jersey Make It Happen!
Stop bonus balling first timers; you are killing our sport.
Stop bunking first timers; you are killing our sport.
Just stop killing our sport...

playevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 12:32 AM #40
hmcl281

contact tadao and see how many cocker board they been selling, that should give you good indication how well you can sell a mq valve. if people are willing to spend 180 on a board that does have classic mode they are going to spend 120 on an electric valve.

never knew there were 2k valve out there. i think i have 8 or 15 of them
Old 04-06-2011, 01:00 AM #41
shadowcatcher511

Quote:
Looks like you could piece together a reasonable setup, except for the front solenoid. What do you do about that? Looks like NDZ sells housings, but I didn't see the solenoid valve itself..
http://paintballgateway.com/wgpauebelpa.html

Solenoid with gasket and screws for $33.

As for the availability of e-frames, they are actually still quite common on ebay right now, especially E1's. Looks like market price for a complete E1 1.06 is around $110, maybe $120 if it's the right color for someone. E2's are definitely moving money around, they're going for over $180 a lot of the time, and over $200 if it has sweet anno or something else unique about it. The bottom line is that there are obviously quite a few of them out there right now, considering the sheer number of them that some people are able to put up for sale at one time.

Oh and about Compulsive, it was crazy to see the last batch they had trickle away, one type at a time. I think karnivor valves went first and then regular standard e-blade ones next, and then all of their karnivor spacers ran out and in I think less than 2 months that was it... It may have been longer than that but they were gone fast enough that you could watch them run out day by day. Right now, seeing one for sale anywhere is rare, and they are indeed selling for over $100. If someone is having a huge sale of cocker parts, you always see offers for the MQ2 pop up first.

Personally, I would buy a black magic one in a heartbeat. I also want a race one but those are really nowhere to be found. It would be kind of sad if no more race valves were made because that would hold me back from getting another raceframe (which are quite nice by the way). Cost is not an issue; $125 has held me back in the past, but like aforementioned: "those that like them, spend on them" (-Sandridge). It may seem expensive, but I have no doubt that this batch will run out just like the last one did.
shadowcatcher511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 12:08 PM #42
hmcl281

you guys running delrin spacer instead of the aluminum one now?