PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 05:16 AM #1
Tarrell13

A good tourney gun

Currently I have a Proto SLG which I don't think is a very good gun to take into a tournament. I am really want to do any type of tourney this year no matter if its a local tourney or something bigger like PSP. But I am having a problem finding a nice gun that is reliable and such. I am on a budget but I was looking at DP:FX and it seems like a pretty good gun. Do you guys recommend that marker or can I get something cheaper and it has tournament potential. I just don't wanna run into gun problems on the field like I do with this stupid SLG.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-27-2011, 10:07 AM #2
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer

Annual Supporting Member
monkeyballer099639 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
monkeyballer099639 plays in the APPA D4 division
monkeyballer099639 supports DLX Technology
OK, here we go again.

Asking what markers are good and what you should upgrade to are called VS threads. They are not allowed because they cause to many people to start arguing with each other. So, here is what you should do.

1: If you want to upgrade, select a price range that you want to spend.

2: Choose at least 5 markers you may be interested in and do research in them. Find the pros and cons of each one.

3: Look on the BST threads here. You can often find markers from 07-09 for really cheap and they will work great at any tournament level, You don't always need the newest marker to play tournament.

4: Check your local pro shop to see what they have and seeing how each one feels. Support your local shops.

5: Go to you local field and ask people about their markers if you are interested in it. Most people will let you test fire their marker or even play a game with it to let you see how it feels and shoots. Just be polite and curtious to them. Generally a good idea to use your own paint or to refill their hopper for them.

After you do all your research, then you can make a decision based upon the info your have gathered and can pick a marker than you think will suit you best.

Good luck!

Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
Old 04-02-2011, 03:59 AM #3
octagon_whun2

octagon_whun2 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
get a ego or a dye
Old 04-02-2011, 01:27 PM #4
Planet Eclipse 07
Pump - Aim - Fire

Annual Supporting Member
Planet Eclipse 07 plays in the PSP
Planet Eclipse 07 donated to help Peyton Trent
Planet Eclipse 07 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Planet Eclipse 07 posts videos on PbNation
Planet Eclipse 07 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarrell13 View Post
Currently I have a Proto SLG which I don't think is a very good gun to take into a tournament. I am really want to do any type of tourney this year no matter if its a local tourney or something bigger like PSP. But I am having a problem finding a nice gun that is reliable and such. I am on a budget but I was looking at DP:FX and it seems like a pretty good gun. Do you guys recommend that marker or can I get something cheaper and it has tournament potential. I just don't wanna run into gun problems on the field like I do with this stupid SLG.
get something used like a dm7 (not a dm8!!) or a droid... JUST BE SURE that you get a video from the seller with the gun shooting (there should be some kind of conformation [like a word you tell him/her to say or something that acknowledges a date]) they may be a few years old, but they are still top of the line guns man! but there will always be a risk of getting screwed, remember that.
Old 04-02-2011, 02:34 PM #5
xInvertxMinixWill

A dm7 or ego7 would be a good tourny gun ive played with both and loved them! they run about 350 to about 425 other than that dont spend any more than that on one of them
Old 04-03-2011, 04:23 AM #6
jelloeatsbullets
J IE IL IL 0

Get a DLX LUXE there sweet and only 1500.00 bucks and they talk to you. Get a dye rotor hopper too.
Old 04-03-2011, 11:04 PM #7
406 Little Man
Justin Manson

406 Little Man plays in the PSP
406 Little Man supports Team VICIOUS
406 Little Man supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by jelloeatsbullets View Post
Get a DLX LUXE there sweet and only 1500.00 bucks and they talk to you. Get a dye rotor hopper too.
Only $1500.00 huh sounds like a deal!

Or get an EGO 11 for only $1250.00 that sounds like a bargin
Pittsburgh All American Heroes #4
Old 04-04-2011, 01:12 AM #8
eforcegtid00d
factorypb

eforcegtid00d plays in the PSP
eforcegtid00d owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3049628
Closed Thread