Community Focus

Old 04-01-2011, 11:57 PM #22
navigator
Roth

has been a member for 10 years
navigator plays in the PSP
navigator owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
navigator plays in the APPA D4 division
Yeah screw NPPL and ESPN for helping paintball. You all sound like a bunch of spoiled brats that is use to getting everything you want.

How about Thank you NPPL and ESPN for all the hard work in getting this deal together and helping our sport.

Lainway Sports, NY

$$90 Rotor Shipped and Paypal
navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 06:29 AM #23
Unleash
Shooting fools all day

Unleash owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Unleash has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
its funny i posted about this a month ago but so if you just fugured it out its your bad not espn/nppl
Unleash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 06:49 AM #24
Rockyboarder
So Long Gay boys....

Rockyboarder owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Watching it all day today. It's okay to be jealous. I wouldn't expect more from Pbnation
Rockyboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 09:08 AM #25
jeremy_maillet

jeremy_maillet is a Paintball photographer
jeremy_maillet owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jeremy_maillet plays in the APPA D3 division
Its just frustrating. I would gladly pay to watch my friends that are on the other side of north america in the USA. This way, i can't watch them at all.. ugh.
Life goes on.

1D MarkIII | 7D | 24-70L | 70-200mm f/2.8L | 300mm F/2.8L IS | 85mm f/1.8 | 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye | 580EXII | Computrekker | Other lenses and junk
jeremy_maillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 11:20 AM #26
rtman26
"insert lame quote here"

Perhaps the NPPL teamed up with ESPN because they have the advertisement money to actually pay for an excellent webcast.

When you guys had to pay ($10 I might add....less than what your fat *** probably spent at Burger King yesterday) to watch a webcast all everyone did was *****. When it was free, everyone complained that the cameras cut in and out. It seems that no matter how the paintball industry actually tries to help, people on pbn find something stupid to complain about.

Perhaps someone smart (obviously with access to espn3.com) will download Replay Media Catcher (and pay the $30 to actually save videos) and upload them to a dropbox account. Then maybe after people paypal said genius $1 (to cover the cost of RMC) they will be sent a link to the dropbox folder. Just a thought. And before anyone asks, yes i have RMC....and no, my ISP doesn't have espn3
rtman26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 11:38 AM #27
DisposableHero88

Theres no reason to be mad at nppl . for trying to revitalize an legitimize the sport of paintball i love it an its good for all of us to team up with espn. to unsure growth so paintball will be around for years an become more affordable.
DisposableHero88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 12:12 PM #28
timmyman89

timmyman89 plays in the PSP
timmyman89 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
timmyman89 plays in the APPA D4 division
Seriously this sucks...im in the UK bought the pass and still wasnt able to watch....thats ****ed up
Old 04-02-2011, 12:27 PM #29
ANGELHATER
The Invisible Man

If you have XBOX live go to the espn app and NPPL HB is there to watch in HD. great footage, and broadcast
"Originally posted by pa1ntball 56: Atlas is my favorite field. And Angelhater is my hero"
"Originally posted by coldisthenewcore: AngelHater makes me horny"
"Originally posted by jesters22: ooo noo the return of angel hater....
ANGELHATER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 04:29 PM #30
mhydes

NPPL took this deal to get paintball on TV, to push the sport forward.

This is the only thing we could land with our track record of being complaisant and for blowing our last shot!

Its moreso the painstaking legal process of getting these contracts is hard enough in America, let alone Canada.

ESPN Canada (known as TSN exclusively) is the root of this speedbump as far as I'm concerned.

Has ESPN3 EVER been available to Canadians ? Why do we expect the carpet to be rolled out for us, it's the internet. Everything will be mirror'd/uploaded in time.. just be patient.

Show some enthusiasm/professionalism so that they (ESPN) actually WANTS to help us as a community. There are a dozens of sports that get the same exact trial as us. Don't blow it by being spoiled.

Perhaps send them feedback how you appreciate the steps taken to get paintball back on the map of extreme sports in media. Express concern that you haven't been able to tune in but want it to continue for the evolution/growth of the sport.

-Matt
mhydes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:46 AM #31
rtman26
"insert lame quote here"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANGELHATER View Post
If you have XBOX live go to the espn app and NPPL HB is there to watch in HD. great footage, and broadcast
Since your xbox is connected to the same isp as your computer, if you can't get it on your computer, you can't get it on your xbox. Just go to pblive or whatever its called and watch their mirror. Quality sucks....but I was told the actual broadcast was choppy as well...
rtman26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:54 PM #32
Labelskate

Labelskate is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzynutzipper View Post
I don't blame NPPL teaming up with ESPN at all, even if they cut out a lot of viewers.
Old 04-03-2011, 11:16 PM #33
azteclb55
HK Cartman ;)

Awesome webcast... Hopefully they will do the same for the rest of the nppl events this year.... and if all the people that are *****ing on pbn actually tried to send ESPN an email, maybe they would broaden the webcast, or best case scenario maybe next yr we can get paintball back on national tv with espn2 or something....... ESPN/NPPL keep up the good work!!!