PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-01-2011, 07:59 AM #22
bnstphnsn
Flame Away

has been a member for 10 years
BPie: what I meant by my last sentence is that, to me, you're plan doesnt seem like a great one. How much money would you be "playing" with? A few thousand. Now, maybe I'm just too conservative, but picking a stock(s) that will make you money in the very short term is pretty tough to do consistently while going to school, doing homework and possibly working. I'm sure there are tons of people that make a decent dollar day trading, but they have been practicing for years. I like the idea, and maybe you would do great, but like it has been said before, maybe make a portfolio of stocks you would buy today if you were doing this and see how they move, if they consistently do well, maybe its a better idea than i think and all you've lost is a couple weeks of time, if not, all you did was save yourself money.

I guess I can see it both ways, and the downside scares me. But, these are student loans meant to cover costs of school etc so the money should be 'gone' anyway after you graduate, then you work to pay it back. So I guess my last sentence was more of a "is the potential lessening of debt worth the potential increase of it?" Risk/reward question only you can answer i suppose.

[/last sentence]