PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-28-2011, 06:59 PM #85
Blake_Ryan
poopy pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPBxFREAKx View Post
It's not lame, just boring really. Your best bet would be to actually go into a studio and tell the artist you want a Texas themed tattoo. Oh, and just go into a few shops and look around. Out of the like 40 studios I've been in, I always check out their Flash and see some pretty gnarly Texas themed tattoos. Nobody will think it's sketchy as this is what you're SUPPOSED to do when you don't know your artist. Go check out portfolio ****, ask people with tattoos you like who did it and where. And don't get a tattoo based on price. I seem kind of hypocritical here, but my best friend is an artist so most of my **** is basically free and he runs it up as portfolio work. But if you're paying less than $100 for that piece, you'll end up with a real ****ty tattoo. And tip like 40% if he actually does a decent job and you want to keep getting ink. People remember that as long as you see them frequently enough for work.

As far as that tattoo goes, it won't look good on anyone. It's too plain and will just seem like a giant blob really. I'll see if I can find any Texas themed **** and I'll post it in here. I'm assuming you're going to get work done in San Marcos? I'd honestly venture into Austin for it. The tattoo scene there is really sick, a lot better than Houston even, but that really depends on what style of work you're looking for too.

I've been in a rambling post mood lately. I wrote a 14,000 word post on Scene the other day because I was sick of seeing kids classify music in improper genres. Feels good man.
I wasnt gonna get it filled in, just the outline. i'm in austin as well, so yea i'm just trying to figure out a general idea. i dont want that much ink on me yet, this will be my first non-drunk tattoo lol.

i'm gonna stop by a few shops tonight probably and check out some stuff.
Advertisement
Old 03-28-2011, 07:45 PM #86
$h@key J0nEZ
Southern By The

Get a pic of George W. Bush tattooed on your chest.

The moths & atheists are doubly divine & dying” - Jim Morrison
$h@key J0nEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 08:54 PM #87
xPBxFREAKx
is aweome.

has been a member for 10 years
xPBxFREAKx plays in the PSP
xPBxFREAKx is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by $h@key J0nEZ View Post
Get a pic of George W. Bush tattooed on your chest.

That would look really sick if done by a decent artist actually. I really want to get my Texas tattoo on my forearm, but my whole left arm is saved for a sleeve, and the octopus half sleeve will probably end up being a full sleeve too. My Texas tattoo is going to be epic though. And I can guarantee nobody else will have it, or probably ever want to put it on their body because it's pretty trashy haha. But don't ask because I'm not going to tell.

PMGWC
xPBxFREAKx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:09 PM #88
maruska
Mah-roo-ska

maruska plays in the PSP
maruska plays in the APPA D4 division
I just started my sleeve about a month ago. It's a large koi fish that wraps around my left bicep into my shoulder and Chinese writing saying "never forget" in memory of my dad.

† Can anything ever separate us from Christ’s love? Does it mean he no longer loves us if we have trouble or calamity, or are persecuted, or hungry, or destitute, or in danger, or threatened with death? No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loves us. †
maruska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:11 PM #89
Blake_Ryan
poopy pants

Quote:
That would look really sick if done by a decent artist actually. I really want to get my Texas tattoo on my forearm, but my whole left arm is saved for a sleeve, and the octopus half sleeve will probably end up being a full sleeve too. My Texas tattoo is going to be epic though. And I can guarantee nobody else will have it, or probably ever want to put it on their body because it's pretty trashy haha. But don't ask because I'm not going to tell.
I want mine on my ribs. I want it to be just black ink, which makes it hard to decide what to do

I'm getting distracted by my current tattoo by wanting to add onto it lol

edit-highschool friend that joined the military just added me on fb. this is his profile pic haha (hes on the right). ****ing rednecks gotta love em

Last edited by Blake_Ryan : 03-28-2011 at 10:21 PM.
Blake_Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:54 PM #90
STD4
Ole Miss Rebels

STD4 plays in the PSP
STD4 is an NCPA player
STD4 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by maruska View Post
Still got any of those straps in your sig?
Some, most. I dont think I have the racings anymore.. Not really sure

Quote:
I drank 39 beers in 8 hours on Wednesday. I just got my vision back like 5 hours ago. **** is scary.
Rowdy.
STD4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 02:49 AM #91
empire88

I'm getting a tattoo in december, hopefully. Have a few ideas in mind and I'm having some stuff drawn up. If I still want it then, I'll get it. But if not, better than having a huge patch of regret.
empire88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:28 AM #92
$h@key J0nEZ
Southern By The

After 20 years they are all regret. Trust me. Skin has a way of changing over the years and it never favors the art.

Old 03-29-2011, 12:10 PM #93
xPBxFREAKx
is aweome.

I know an 80 year old man that is absolutely coveted in tattoos. Got most of his work done in Chinatown by Sailor Jerry himself while in the navy. He doesn't regret one if his tattoos. As long as you don't rush into them you should never regret it. My rule of thumb is once I think about a tattoo, I wont get it for a full year. If I still want it then, then I'm alright with it being in my body forever. And with that being said, if I stop peeling from this ****ing sunburn anytime soon, I'm gonna go in and get the tops of my shoulders done, my chest, and upper stomach done in one day. Fun fun.

PMGWC
Old 03-29-2011, 12:35 PM #94
$h@key J0nEZ
Southern By The

It might not be so bad for someone who is in good shape, doesn't drink and has the will power to stay in shape or the genetics to have good skin when they get old. But for most people, especially those who drink a lot, their skin will become old and wrinkly faster making the tatts distort etc. I have 4 and after 15 years I can see a big difference. Not just the fading but from the changes in the epidermis. I'll prob fork out the cash one day to have them removed.

Old 03-29-2011, 01:48 PM #95
maruska
Mah-roo-ska

maruska plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by $h@key J0nEZ View Post
It might not be so bad for someone who is in good shape, doesn't drink and has the will power to stay in shape or the genetics to have good skin when they get old. But for most people, especially those who drink a lot, their skin will become old and wrinkly faster making the tatts distort etc. I have 4 and after 15 years I can see a big difference. Not just the fading but from the changes in the epidermis. I'll prob fork out the cash one day to have them removed.
Advantage.. This guy . Never drank in my life lol. But.. Probably lack the motivation to stay in "shape".

† Can anything ever separate us from Christ’s love? Does it mean he no longer loves us if we have trouble or calamity, or are persecuted, or hungry, or destitute, or in danger, or threatened with death? No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loves us. †
Old 03-29-2011, 02:26 PM #96
Blake_Ryan
poopy pants

you gay or something?
Old 03-29-2011, 02:29 PM #97
maruska
Mah-roo-ska

maruska plays in the PSP
Negatory on that one ghost rider. Just never have.. Watched my family get tore apart because of it so ever since then I haven't had any desire to touch it. And then my father got liver cancer and passed in 2009 so that definitely made me consider never drinking.

Just a personal choice. Straight Edge.

Old 03-29-2011, 02:31 PM #98
empire88

I support that. I always need a DD.
Old 03-29-2011, 02:33 PM #99
maruska
Mah-roo-ska

maruska plays in the PSP
Boom. Best of both worlds lol. My 21st birthday is Thursday though. Call me crazy but.. Going to my church class at 5, then young adult service at 7, then dinner with some friends right after. Probably the lamest 21st birthday night ever but I like it low key.

Old 03-29-2011, 02:46 PM #100
Blake_Ryan
poopy pants

Well i guess it would have been better if i was informed of ur situation lol. I just remember we used to talk about drinking and drugs in here quite often.

I dont ever drive drunk anymore. Ive got 3 close friends with dwi already and their future is pretty ****ed.
Old 03-29-2011, 02:55 PM #101
maruska
Mah-roo-ska

maruska plays in the PSP
Trying to get a minty purple bubble on a certain site but someone keeps outbidding me.. STOP IT! lol

Yeah, it's a bad situation when someone drinks and drives.

Old 03-29-2011, 08:34 PM #102
courter_man_08
I am Zachariah

i'll be getting back from VIR on the 22nd (my 21st birthday). we're driving through the night to get home, so i don't know if i'll have enough energy to do anything that night. kinda bummed, but extremely excited at the same time.

R.I.P. Rob Kerr 2/1/91 - 3/15/10
R.I.P. Dad 3/6/60 - 6/15/09
courter_man_08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:35 PM #103
empire88

This weekends looking like:
Hypnotiq
Jager
Smirnoff
4loko

Got probably 12 people in the group. 7 girls and 5 guys. But that's subject to change.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:37 PM #104
courter_man_08
I am Zachariah

soon to be: 5 guys and 1 girl. choooooooooo chooooooooooooooo

R.I.P. Rob Kerr 2/1/91 - 3/15/10
R.I.P. Dad 3/6/60 - 6/15/09
courter_man_08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:52 PM #105
xPBxFREAKx
is aweome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by empire88 View Post
This weekends looking like:
Hypnotiq
Jager
Smirnoff
4loko

Got probably 12 people in the group. 7 girls and 5 guys. But that's subject to change.
Really? I thought you were classier than that KM.

PMGWC