PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-18-2011, 03:50 AM #1
Bugsi

Unstable/not cycling after few pods

NT11

Me and my friend wanted to run couple of cases paintballs through the new NT11s before Paris event.
We are using reballs… (washed and polished yesterday)

Dwell is at 9 as manual states. (edit: dwell 10 and 11 has been tried)
Using brand new Duracell Procell battery

What happens is that we only get 2-5 pods through before it starts double/triple feeding, balls rolling of barrel, and at the end bolt not cycling but only moving fraction of an inch or something in forward position. It is of course with the air refill, so there is never less air then 1000psi

We have been trying green tip… red tip, no insert … Green with red insert, blue tip with red insert (came with blue bolt tip installed)… And combination of those without any noticeable change .

We are not very sure about what we should look into, or where the problem might be. The strange thing is that it is an exact issue on all 7 of 8 NT11s we received. More or less exact issue, how many pods they can shoot varies with +/- 2 pods maybe…

The one that suddenly started working, happend after relubing the inline regulator. But that did not solve the issue with the other 7 NT11s.

Any ideas?

Btw: english is not my primary language, so pls ignore any errors

Last edited by Bugsi : 03-18-2011 at 06:03 AM.
Bugsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-18-2011, 05:03 AM #2
mr Rockwell

mr Rockwell owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Try using paintballs.
mr Rockwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 05:34 AM #3
Paint_hore
PBN=SUA syndrome

Annual Supporting Member
Paint_hore is a founding member
try dwell 10

Rediscover: "its good to see you didnt take any flying metal objects to your juggular." 13pbstar13: "I dont have tits bro" (true story)
Paint_hore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 06:03 AM #4
Bugsi

Tried both 10 and 11 ... no noticable change
Old 03-18-2011, 08:00 AM #5
Bugsi

Tried to reset the board to factory setting ... reset sets the dwell to 6, manual says 9 ... dont get it ..
Old 03-18-2011, 08:47 AM #6
wesr

i had this happen with my nt10, i relubed my spool and havent had a problem since... so try that or replacing the furthest rear oring
wesr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 08:58 AM #7
Brammie

Brammie has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Brammie has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
If you up the output pressure of the inline regulator if the marker stops cycling, does it shoot then? I have this problem with reballs also on my NT10 but it is because I try to get as close to 220fps as possible (and thus lowering the output pressure of the reg). After a while the NT just stops cycling and I have to up the pressure a bit before it cycles again. I dont know why it is, could be because of dust etc that comes from the reballs or maby orings that swell a tiny bit because they get warm and causing more friction ...? (no idea if the oring thing is even plausible)
Brammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 09:32 AM #8
Bugsi

Thank you for good replies, i will try them in couple of hours.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:34 AM #9
Bugsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesr View Post
i had this happen with my nt10, i relubed my spool and havent had a problem since... so try that or replacing the furthest rear oring
what oring is that ? do you have a reference nr on manual or something?
I`ve used DM untill now, quite new to NT11
Old 03-18-2011, 10:55 AM #10
wesr

the spool that is inside the plunger with the 3 purple orings on it. you have to seperate the plunger from the spacer rod to access it. you need to lube it... down load the manual from here if you dont have one. it explains how to take it all apart
www.dyematrix.com
wesr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 01:41 PM #11
johnnyblast

johnnyblast owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
i had same problem last week at the field... shot a pod over chrono without any problem but then when game started, marker didnt cycle. checked few things and it looked like it was working so went back out and it happened again... came home and relubed everything and now it looks like its working ok...
johnnyblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 03:25 PM #12
Empwrd

What velocity are u aiming for? If its 240 and less then im assuming u got all the spacers in. The inline reg HAS to be set at no less then 100. Anything under that is gonna cause inconsistencies.
Empwrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 06:49 PM #13
Bugsi

Primary velocity target was 250 for reball use which we use of season. It is still snow here and paint is not an option... And yea we used the biggest insert, red one for that. We gave that up and then tried to shoot 285-295 to just shoot couple of cases through before next weeks Millennium in Paris.

Im sure there is something small that we are overlooking that fixes it all. I value all the useful input you come with, i will try them probably on sunday.

i have no idea what the default of the inline is... or how can i be sure to have it over 100 without the inline gauge stuff the techs use.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:25 PM #14
Empwrd

Chrono at 280 with no spacers with paintballs. Should be at 100~ psi
Empwrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 09:44 PM #15
Paint_hore
PBN=SUA syndrome

Annual Supporting Member
Paint_hore is a founding member
250 without spacers is gonna be tough to accomplish. Some NT's can do it while others cant.

Drop in the small spacer and see if that helps.

edit- Just saw you tried the red one. Im stumped.

Rediscover: "its good to see you didnt take any flying metal objects to your juggular." 13pbstar13: "I dont have tits bro" (true story)
Paint_hore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 02:36 AM #16
Brammie

Brammie has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Brammie has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Im certain that its the input pressure thats to low because you try to shoot at 250 and all problems are over if you remove the spacers and just shoot at ~285 fps. I have the exact same problem if I want to shoot as low as possible as I have mentioned earlier. I still dont know the reason why it does it after a few pods though.
Brammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 04:32 PM #17
Bugsi

looks like relubing the purple spool orings and setting the dwell at 10 helped a lot... i didnt have the sufficient time to test it long enough yet.

I will be posting the results in a later time. Hopefully before leaving for the Paris event in couple of days.
Old 03-28-2011, 03:45 AM #18
Bugsi

update:
the inline pressure and kick went down a lot after changing the spool spring on all the black NT11s that we received.... now they work as they should, with very little kick...