Quit changing my avatar!

IplayforRelentless is BST Trusted
IplayforRelentless is a Paintball photographer
IplayforRelentless supports our troops
IplayforRelentless is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
IplayforRelentless is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb_king View Post
so my shots in PBx3 dont mean anything to promoting the sport??
Get actual paintball photos in PBX3, then you'll have room to talk amongst the big boys that get magazine coverage.
"Originally posted by -|2ain: Ima kill Dieing to live when he gets back! THEY MADE ME DO A RECTAL EXAM!!!! A ****ING RECTAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!"
"Originally posted by tremis: I love the self righteousness of the photographers with the claim that they "created" a photograph. Delusional at all? The law may ignorantly side with the photographer, but the subject has done the vast majority of the work and they dont get any credit/royalties."
I take hipster photos on Instagram - @hobbesthetiger
NJ Devils MN Wild MN Twins Chi Cubs IA Hawkeyes
IplayforRelentless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-19-2011, 08:46 PM #44
ionshooter93
✈ ✈ ✈

ionshooter93 is a Paintball photographer
Also Peanut Butter kid quite blaming the PhotoMOB for supposedly "trolling" you. We are pointing out fact to you. If you posted like this on any site filled with professional photographers aside from POTN, they would ream you out so hard it would make your head spin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IplayforRelentless View Post
Get actual paintball photos in PBX3, then you'll have room to talk amongst the big boys that get magazine coverage.
There still would be no room to talk. Anyone and there mother can get into that magazine if you will shoot for free.
CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK
ionshooter93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 12:41 AM #45
mwlostjedi

has been a member for 10 years
mwlostjedi is a Paintball photographer
It will be interesting to see who the NPPL considers worthy or if it is going to be a simple matter of "$40 for a court side seat is much cheaper than a seat in the stands for the weekend". Again I feel if you are only there shooting to turn a buck by shooting for teams, then you should pay to run a business just like the vendors. It would make the images worth more because the kids with moms cameras could not afford it, thus stopping "will shoot your team for less than the cost of a bag of paint".

I understand where the PB Kid is coming from because they have let him out there in the past regardless of wether he deserved to be there in the first place. It is an error on the systems part, one I hope they fix.

By the way PB Kid I really don't know who you are and I am not attacking you, I was responding to a comment you made earlier on the thread. You should be proud to have had an image in print even if it was for free.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:57 AM #46
jmac

jmac plays in the PSP
jmac plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Grenade View Post
(I'm not sure the stalkerish photos of anything female at events conveys the right image, either)
Jesus christ I hate these. Why do people take them? It is so ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionshooter93 View Post
ANYONE WHO SHOOTS FOR FREE IS KILLING THE INDUSTRY
Well that's not nice. Then again I am one of the people who you are all saying shouldn't be allowed at a PSP or an NPPL. Don't worry I wouldn't even try because I know without a doubt that I am not good enough and shouldn't be there.

I have a camera, and I like paintball. I would like to get better at photography, but you say people like me who just want to take pictures and don't care to charge for them are killing your industry? Cry moar.

Sorry if you meant that statement as people taking pictures of pro games and giving them away.
jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 11:04 AM #47
ionshooter93
✈ ✈ ✈

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac View Post
I have a camera, and I like paintball. I would like to get better at photography, but you say people like me who just want to take pictures and don't care to charge for them are killing your industry? Cry moar.
I'm talking about giving magazines/companies images for free. Not taking pictures without being paid.
CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK
Old 03-20-2011, 11:24 AM #48
$h@key J0nEZ
Southern By The

Quote:
I'm talking about giving magazines/companies images for free. Not taking pictures without being paid.
How much did you get paid when you started out shooting for Chrono 300?

The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so. - Ronald Reagan

"A nation which can prefer disgrace to danger is prepared for a master, and deserves one." - Alexander Hamilton
$h@key J0nEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 11:32 AM #49
FishieTech
Nick Martin

FishieTech is a Paintball photographer
I dont think that needs to be publicly known. What reason would there be for you to know a number?
Old 03-20-2011, 11:34 AM #50
ionshooter93
✈ ✈ ✈

Quote:
Originally Posted by $h@key J0nEZ View Post
Chrono300 =/= Magazine or a paintball company.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:46 AM #51
evolancer
改善

evolancer is a Paintball photographer
evolancer is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by $h@key J0nEZ View Post
Old 03-20-2011, 12:10 PM #52
jmac

jmac plays in the PSP
jmac plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Kinda thought that, but you made it sound like it wasn't what you meant. Cool beans.
jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 12:13 PM #53
Mike Grenade

Mike Grenade is a Paintball photographer
I apologize if I came off as harsh on the previous page. I agonized for a while over how to best word that post. I'm not trying to be mean, just stern.
Mike Grenade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 02:43 PM #54
$h@key J0nEZ
Southern By The

Quote:
Chrono300 =/= Magazine or a paintball company.
That's irrelevant. Even in those days you most likely would never have gotten on to the field if you weren't shooting free for a well known publication/site. People that take pictures for free don't ruin anything. It helps to grow and publicize the sport. You have to start somewhere to make a name for yourself. Besides not everyone wants to cover paintball for profit. Some choose to shoot it for artistic purposes. While others use their photography skills to give back to the paintball community. Many kids can barely afford to play this expensive sport much less pay for their own personal or team photographer. Those people should be considered too. Sadly in the end though none of this will matter and the all mighty dollar will win out like it always does. But hey pbphotography was fun while it lasted.

The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so. - Ronald Reagan

"A nation which can prefer disgrace to danger is prepared for a master, and deserves one." - Alexander Hamilton
$h@key J0nEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 03:04 PM #55
mwlostjedi

mwlostjedi is a Paintball photographer
I think this has spun down an entirely different path than the intent of the original statement. I love seeing new photographers on the field shooting the great sport of paintball, in fact I would like to state that I love helping new photographers.

The simple statement I was making is that the NPPL is not the place to learn, that is for local tournament series. Shooting paintball once a year should not qualify a photographer for a pass to the big game just because they have $40.

Robbo and I have different ideas on this so it is best that I bow out of his photomob because I have a very strong opinion as to whom I think has any business (in both of the meanings) on the field.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:49 PM #56
pb_king
Peanut Butter Sports

pb_king is a Paintball photographer
does it matter that i shot for them for free
and i had 3 shots in PBX3 for HB in may and june
pb_king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 04:58 PM #57
yeeNate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Grenade View Post
You need to UNDERSTAND

That the people you're talking to here have MANY years of experience shooting paintball. If you want to shoot at the big events, you can grind it out for a few years at local practices and tournaments first, just like everyone else did. As it currently stands, it looks like you're still learning how to use a camera. That's not an insult, it's an observation I can make just by looking.

(I'm not sure the stalkerish photos of anything female at events conveys the right image, either)
From a spectators view, and I am in no way trying to hate,(<--PLEASE UNDERSTAND THIS )but your photos don't compare to the more experienced cats. That being said, just go out to the local fields and tournaments, shoot them over and over, you'll gradually get better. And those stalkerish photos.....yeah

Last edited by yeeNate : 03-20-2011 at 05:01 PM.
yeeNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 05:10 PM #58
FishieTech
Nick Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb_king View Post
does it matter that i shot for them for free
and i had 3 shots in PBX3 for HB in may and june
Were any of them from on the field?
Old 03-20-2011, 06:36 PM #59
texaspaintballplpaye

Annual Supporting Member
texaspaintballplpaye is a Supporting Member
texaspaintballplpaye is a Paintball photographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwlostjedi View Post
I think this has spun down an entirely different path than the intent of the original statement. I love seeing new photographers on the field shooting the great sport of paintball, in fact I would like to state that I love helping new photographers.
AKA me two years ago.
texaspaintballplpaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:21 AM #60
SDfamous
AF / PBA Cameraman

SDfamous is a Paintball photographer
SDfamous posts videos on PbNation
The List

anyone get a email confirmation yet?????
Old 03-22-2011, 09:32 AM #61
FishieTech
Nick Martin

Nope.
Old 03-22-2011, 11:17 AM #62
mercui2y
Pew! Pew!

Annual Supporting Member
mercui2y owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
mercui2y owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
mercui2y has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Was the link even posted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDfamous View Post
anyone get a email confirmation yet?????
mercui2y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 11:21 AM #63
RenegadeLegion4
F8 and be there!-Photomob

RenegadeLegion4 is a Paintball photographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercui2y View Post
Was the link even posted?
Not in this thread. It was emailed thru the NPPL mailing system, available on the NPPL website and posted by photographers in numerous threads. It's still up, so visit NPPL's site for more info.
Legion MOB : TIL I DIE Feedback
RenegadeLegion4 is offline   Reply With Quote