PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-17-2001, 11:00 PM #1
ArMyOfOnE
New England Unleashed

has been a member for 10 years
Question Wat Paint Is Best For A 14" Boomstick!!???

hey dudes!

Im getting a 14" boomstick for a Piranha Pro (Spyder size) and i wanna know wats paints are the best to shoot them through. and wats the worst?

I just dont wanna try out all the types and waste money gettin bad ones. If you all can help me out, BIG THANKS TO U ALL!!

Proudly representing
Paintball Wizard
.... and the 'Ballers of New England.

My Trader Feedback (before the new PBnation feedback system)
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-17-2001, 11:07 PM #2
DreadLock Doc
Love Me, Don't Bother Me

Annual Supporting Member
DreadLock Doc is a Supporting Member
All Stars or Marbalizers are nice, and the boomy should all paints pretty nicely.

I wouldn't use BE paint though.
Old 07-17-2001, 11:11 PM #3
ArMyOfOnE
New England Unleashed

thx dread,

sorri but what does BE stand for? I never heard of that paint.

Proudly representing
Paintball Wizard

Old 07-18-2001, 02:58 AM #4
srvclapton
Got a lite?

Quote:
Originally posted by DreadLock Doc
All Stars or Marbalizers are nice, and the boomy should all paints pretty nicely.

I wouldn't use BE paint though.
A boomy will NOT shoot all paints nicely. A boomy will shoot paints that match it's bore size nicely. Army, somewhere on the packaging your boomstick came in, you will see a bore size (.689, .690, something like that). You want to find paint that closely matches this bore size. There are tons of paint-barrel charts out on the net, so just search for one (there might be one on warpig.com), and look for your bore-size, and it will tell you what paint size (and some have popular paints) will fit your barrel. Most barrel manufacturers will claim the best paint is one that fits just tight enough to not fall out, and just loose enough to be able to blow it out with nothing but your breath. Any tighter and it will catch and break, and any looser it will fall out of the barrel before you even get a chance to pull the danm trigger!

A lot of tourney players use Diablo Hellfire with the boomy, but the pro's play with whatever they're sponsored with. Cheap (relatively), good paint is RP Scherer (Maballizer, Tiger Stripe, All-star, PMI, etc) - Most fields use PMI Premiere as their field paint, and it's a pretty good fit for most barrels. Depends on how much money you want to spend on paint, to decide what paint to use. Like I said, most RPS is ok, and it's nice and cheap, while Hellfire is more expensive, but a bit higher quality...

Feel free to add on, guys

~Chris

P.S. - for a lot less money you can get a CP 14" and it will work just as well...sometihng to consider...save the expensive barrel for the cocker I know you wanna buy some day

Shocktech 2k1 CF cocker
-Dark Blue -> Light Blue -> Silver fade
-Gladiator reg
-68ci/4.5K Conquest
-Freak with SS back and Blue tip

Crappy pics of just the gun are up at www.thesohoweb.com/cocker/picture1.jpg through picture6.jpg (I'll take better ones when I have time)
Old 07-18-2001, 02:59 AM #5
srvclapton
Got a lite?

Quote:
Originally posted by ArMyOfOnE
thx dread,

sorri but what does BE stand for? I never heard of that paint.
sorry, forgot to mention it...BE is Brass Eagle...the black sheep of the paintball family....they suck...

I hear that BE paint breaks like every other shot...I've never had the balls to try it myself...I'd rather keep the insides of my gun CLEAN

Shocktech 2k1 CF cocker
-Gladiator reg
-68ci/4.5K Conquest

Crappy pics of just the gun are up at www.thesohoweb.com/cocker/picture1.jpg through picture6.jpg (I'll take better ones when I have time)
Old 07-18-2001, 03:15 AM #6
joker
Rene Magritte

joker is a founding member
about 2 years ago when i switched from my raptor to my old 98 cocker i had about 1000 BE paint left and i used it with my cocker and i only had like 5 ball breaks.but i would never do that again. i use 32 degrees paint with my new cocker

Last edited by joker : 07-18-2001 at 03:17 AM.
Old 07-18-2001, 04:44 AM #7
srvclapton
Got a lite?

hey, im not sayin i like the paint, or the gun, but ive never had a ball break while renting (*cringe*) a tippman and shooting PMI premiere...sounds a bit odd, but that just goes to show you, some paint can be cheap and good...of course it didnt break on the PEOPLE either, but that's a different story...

Shocktech 2k1 CF cocker
-Gladiator reg
-68ci/4.5K Conquest

Old 07-18-2001, 01:06 PM #8
Budha
Paint Slüt

this is from experience. These paints basically fit perfectly in the boomy. Marbalizer, Slam ball, Blaze, and Team Colors.

"Another innocent victim of APG...."

"I need a self esteem boost.... I think I'll go play walkon!"

Cocker World New to cockers? Want to learn about them? Click the link.
Old 07-18-2001, 05:46 PM #9
ArMyOfOnE
New England Unleashed

You all are making good points and I thank you. Keep it up!

I just wanna know one more thing, Whats a CP 14"? I know CP stands for Custom Products but wats the model name? Is there one? And where would i find one? This referring to srvclapton's reply in the begining.

thanks again

Proudly representing
Paintball Wizard

Old 07-18-2001, 11:17 PM #10
srvclapton
Got a lite?

Cp makes great barrels for a very nice price. Lots of peple use them on their $1500 angels, so using one on a pirannha (sp?) should be fine. You can pick them up pretty much anywhere...pbgear.com has 'em...I'm sure people would aggree, get two cp barrels, one short, one long, and change them whenever you switch from front to back...you will get more use out of them than one boomy

Shocktech 2k1 CF cocker
-Gladiator reg
-68ci/4.5K Conquest