PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-20-2011, 11:10 PM #1
Thespis

RISK VII Details

Risk VII will be March 12th
Pre Reg must be recieved by Feb. 26th.
Mailing info for registration will be posted seperately.
Paint will be $60 pre paid, $70 day of.
Air will be $10 per player. All players are reqired to pay for air unless they are playing pump or pistol only with CO2 Cartridges and they let us know ahead of time.
Pre reg will be $15
Day of will be $25
Kids 15 and under who are pre registered with a parent or guardian are free.
Players comming in from over 300 miles away are free if they pre pay a case of paint and their air. (If you are just under the 300 miles, PM me and we can discuss)

Paint type will be determined by Joe the week prior to the event. It will either be the new Sherwood field paint, or Arctic Inferno. This will depend on projected temperatures.
Thanks to everyone for making this event a success year after year!
Thespis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:50 PM #2
payroll
Scenario Event Promoter

payroll supports Sherwood Forest
payroll is attending Decay of Nations VI
Hey dont forget a place to send the pre reg $ to.
FB: Payroll Productions
www.payrollproductions.com
payroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 05:30 AM #3
randalfrat

Registrations can be sent to

Alan Pischner
17936 S Arcadia Ave
Lansing IL 60438

Paypal can be sent to

Blackrose_rr@sbcglobal.net
Please if you pay via PayPal keep a copy of your receipt!
randalfrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 11:08 AM #4
SmokinJoe

has been a member for 10 years
SmokinJoe supports Sherwood Forest
SmokinJoe supports Sherwood Forest
What would you like for us to do when someone comes out here and registers for the game. I can email you the info and give you the money the day of or I can send you one of our checks.
SmokinJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:33 PM #5
Thespis

Emailing the info to myself and Alan and settling up day of will be fine.
Thanks,
Tim
Old 02-11-2011, 04:10 PM #6
QUAGS

what is sherwood field paint????????
Old 02-11-2011, 09:40 PM #7
Thespis

It's new! Other than that, I have no idea. I think it is a Draxxus blend, but don't quote me on that. Joe says it is good, and since having "Sherwood Paint" be cheap or bad would be very bad for business, i would belive him if I were you. I do. Now, that being said, it is not a "winter blend". So, If it comes to the pre reg date and the weather looks to be under 40 deg on gameday, I would pre order a case of the winter ball. If it looks like it is going to be over 50 deg, pre reg a case of Sherwood blend. If it is going to be in between, you could go either way, a lot depends on your marker and style of play. For myself, I would go with the winter ball. It WILL bounce more, but it is less likely to break in the marker in the cold. I hate cleaning cold paint out of a cold marker with my gloves off. If that means I have to aim more at hoppers and masks, that's ok by me. It may also mean that you put 5 balls at your target instead of 3 (I never pull the trigger just once, but there are some interesting campfire stories the Rats can tell about that). That's just part of playing in the winter. Your targets wear more layers that make paint bounce, the winter paint bounces more. Realisticly you end up with a 50/50 chance your paint will break on a body shot. Using regular paint improves your percentage for a break, but it does that across the board, including in your breach. So, each player will need to calculate their paint choice into their stratagy. It's a "Risk" that you will have to take. Should you have more concerns about the Sherwood paint, I am sure that Joe would let you take a look at it if you decided to make the trip out there. If you were willing to pay the shipping, he might even send you some. Never hurts to ask.
Thespis
Old 02-11-2011, 09:44 PM #8
Thespis

Re-Post from Joe-

Frostbite winter paint

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To all players and teams , if you want the winter paint for this event you need to preorder as much as you need. We will be ordering only a limited amount extra of the winter paint ,If we run out you have to purchase our regular premium paint . We apologize but we do not want to be stuck with a ton of winter paint going into spring and summer games. So to make sure you have enough winter paint please preorder it.
Thankyou Joe
Old 02-11-2011, 10:32 PM #9
TargetIndy
Electrifying

Annual Supporting Member
TargetIndy is an Administrator
TargetIndy is a founding member
TargetIndy is BST Legit
TargetIndy is an Ultimate field/store owner
TargetIndy is Immortal
For what it's worth, we started carrying the DXS Frostbite paint at my field in late October/early November. We had a few days that were in the 60's and the paint broke just fine.

Based on my experiences, I'd say the best choice is to pre-order a case of the Frostbite. The average temp during that time of year is well within the range of Frostbite.

DoctorOring.com -- O-ring kits for baller's on a budget!
3 rebuilds $4.95 -- Boxed kits from $9.95

Paintball Indiana -- Indianapolis's Oldest Outdoor Paintball Field
TargetIndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 06:26 AM #10
QUAGS

a few years ago we played in this event, great field, bad paint, and bad paint makes for a long frustrating day, so when playing in FPO events, I want to make sure that what ever paint a field is promoting is of quality, I know that weather is always a factor, I just want to know my team will be spending more time enjoying what is one of the midwest finest fields, instead of sitting in camp cleaning out markers as we did a few years ago, as we all know FPO events are not the most cost effective events to play in. personally i dont care about the bounces it is the breaks in the markers considering my TM15 takes about 1 hr to break down, and reassemble

Last edited by QUAGS : 02-12-2011 at 06:30 AM.
QUAGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 04:50 PM #11
TygerBard

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUAGS View Post
a few years ago we played in this event, great field, bad paint, and bad paint makes for a long frustrating day, so when playing in FPO events, I want to make sure that what ever paint a field is promoting is of quality, I know that weather is always a factor, I just want to know my team will be spending more time enjoying what is one of the midwest finest fields, instead of sitting in camp cleaning out markers as we did a few years ago, as we all know FPO events are not the most cost effective events to play in. personally i dont care about the bounces it is the breaks in the markers considering my TM15 takes about 1 hr to break down, and reassemble
Sounds like you need a different gun. I hope to never use a gun that takes that long to clean out. 15 -20 minutes for both my Project Salvo and A-5. Well 15 -20 minutes each for either gun. Then again, I 've never seen a TM-15 besides on the dealer's website.
TygerBard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 08:15 PM #12
payroll
Scenario Event Promoter

payroll supports Sherwood Forest
payroll is attending Decay of Nations VI
Last year the paint shot beautifully. We look forward to seeing everyone back at Risk again.
FB: Payroll Productions
www.payrollproductions.com
payroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 07:43 AM #13
QUAGS

I am glad to hear that, we look forward to this event
Old 02-13-2011, 07:46 AM #14
QUAGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TygerBard View Post
Sounds like you need a different gun. I hope to never use a gun that takes that long to clean out. 15 -20 minutes for both my Project Salvo and A-5. Well 15 -20 minutes each for either gun. Then again, I 've never seen a TM-15 besides on the dealer's website.
Obviously, you dont have the resources, to afford what is the best selling marker
Old 02-13-2011, 09:09 AM #15
TygerBard

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUAGS View Post
Obviously, you dont have the resources, to afford what is the best selling marker
I am just starting out in paintball. I'm not saying that the TM-15 isn't a good marker. I think it looks pretty cool on the dealer website. I'm just not interested in a gun that takes alot of time to strip down. Simplicity and functionality are what I am looking for. I am thinking about buying a higher end gun, just making sure I'm not going to spend my money foolishly. Experience with the game and finding out from others is why I am still waiting to buy. In the meantime I like my Salvo and A-5.
TygerBard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 06:45 AM #16
QUAGS

a Salvo..lol I won one of those...and I gave it away to some kid..the A5 I respect..but when you get hit, and wonder where did that come from it was my 15...silence is deadly
Old 03-11-2011, 09:25 AM #17
Thespis

Risk VII- END GAME
At the end of last year, our world was dominated by RED. They have maintained their board position and now threaten to completely take over the world. In an effort to thwart the RED domination, the BLUE and GREEN warriors will join forces in a last ditch effort to keep multiple colors in the world. To this end, the BLUE and GREEN warriors will maintain their individual colors, but they will stage out of the same base and accumulate shared points without the alliance penalty. All 3 bases will still be available for the 2 sides to choose from. Technological advances in communications will now allow for full communication with the Moon. However, recent studies have shown that wounds received on the Moon are 100% fatal over time. Therefore, there will be no medics on the Moon. Otherwise, our world is the same as it was last year.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:51 AM #18
Discipline Lords
Cliff

Discipline Lords supports Sherwood Forest
This is going to be an awesome game. The paint is straight and true. The players on all sides are some of the best people in this sport who could ask for more.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:55 PM #19
oldpbnewb

Holy lopsided Batman! Looking at the list on the Regionrats site, its like 75-20. Are there some numbers not being posted?
oldpbnewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 09:14 AM #20
Discipline Lords
Cliff

Discipline Lords supports Sherwood Forest
We would like to thank everyone who came out to make this game awesome.
Thank you Payroll for giving up some of you recruited players to make the game even, and thanks to the players that changed sides.
We would like to thank Tim and the Rats for putting on a good game.
Sweeper we hope you get better soon get lots of rest because you are going to need it for April 2.
there are too many team and individual players to mention by name and i suck at typing. Thanks again and hope to see you all soon.