PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-20-2004, 10:32 AM #43
RedfordRenegade
Paintballer Non-esquire

RedfordRenegade plays in the APPA D4 division
Indeed, Iran would be quite a big war, but don't discount the cowboy swagger.

♥♥♥Sunset SonicCyborg #0223♥♥♥
♣♣♣Ranjerz Digi Cyborg #0003♣♣♣
Old 08-20-2004, 10:37 AM #44
elTwitcho

has been a member for 10 years
As much as you guys could beat the **** out of Iran in a war, I really don't see the US having the money/resources/manpower to put down an Insurgency in Iraq/occupy Iraq AND take on Iran.

Looks like maybe the righties were right and you guys really DO need a bigger millitary...

A Haiku about Life - By Secret Asian Man
twitch slaps me around
he likes to make me his *****
Because of small cock
Old 08-20-2004, 10:53 AM #45
BCpro05

BCpro05 supports Team VICIOUS
wouldn't be much of a war, Israelis would strike any threat (aka..Nuclear power plant..aka Weapons Factory)the Iranians posed far before we'd lift a finger...not to mention their also under the microscope of other countries that don't want Iran in the Nuclear Club
Old 08-20-2004, 11:04 AM #46
RedfordRenegade
Paintballer Non-esquire

If it came down to it, I don't think we would be fighting Iran alone. This place is ripe with civil strife and all they need is a reason.

Old 08-20-2004, 11:12 AM #47
kjjm4
Liberty or Death

kjjm4 is a founding member
kjjm4 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
kjjm4 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
We're not really comitting enough resources and troops to Iraq now (since we're stuck there anyway at this point). The military as it exists right now is too small for the role Bush invisions for it as international policeman and forcefeeder of democracy. The military is more or less adequate to defend the United States against real threats.

The Iranians probably figure the US forces are stretched thin with Iraq and Afghanistan, so they're willing to push a little and see what they can get away with.

If Iranian troops attacked US troops first, the allies of the United States, even some of the one we've not been getting along with lately, would probably join the fight against Iran, in at least a limited fashion.
ďA strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
-Thomas Jefferson
Old 08-20-2004, 11:18 AM #48
JLothrop

I don't think any more players would show up to a fight with Iran then showed up for our fight with Iraq...

I think certain countries disgust with our cowboy swagger would keep them from joining in...

France already black balled helping Afghanistan with their elections if I remember the post correctly... And we all know they didn't agree with Iraq... (obviously it's more then just France, they are just the example that comes to mind first, and foremost)... I don't know what makes you think they would jump on board for a war with Iran...

POWERED BY:
DYE PRECISION, Shocktech USA, BBT, the Badlandz, the Grindhouse, Krush Skate Park, KEE ACTION SPORTS, RPS, HALO, NXE, VIRTUE
Old 08-20-2004, 11:24 AM #49
RedfordRenegade
Paintballer Non-esquire

I can see it now. We've wasted our military resources subjugating a country that was laughable as a threat and easily overcome militarily in the opening months...while simultaneously underestimating the potential for insurgency. Now the countries who ARE actually capable of defending themselves AND know we're stretched thin across the world decide to become a little more bold. Lesee...North Korea....China....Iran....Afghanistan tribal uprisings.... Let's not forgot how substandard our intelligence apparatus is right now with a lack of qualified linguists and an administration willing to overlook common sense in favor of politics....OH yes...and a Homeland security organization who likes to scare us yet can't evaluate threats worth jack.

I feel vulnerable. Conservatives strong on defense my ***. My golden retriever could strategize better.

Herein lies the reason we will lose the war on terror as stated by Donald Rumsfeld himself.

"Today, we lack metrics to know if we are winning or losing the global war on terror. Are we capturing, killing or deterring and dissuading more terrorists every day than the madrassas and the radical clerics are recruiting, training and deploying against us?
Does the US need to fashion a broad, integrated plan to stop the next generation of terrorists? The US is putting relatively little effort into a long-range plan, but we are putting a great deal of effort into trying to stop terrorists. The cost-benefit ratio is against us! Our cost is billions against the terrorists' costs of millions."

-Donald Rumsfeld

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/rumsfeldmemo1.html

Last edited by RedfordRenegade : 08-20-2004 at 11:31 AM.
Old 08-20-2004, 11:41 AM #50
JLothrop

I wouldn't worry about China or North Korea attacking any time soon... Currently they are progressing as nations fairly well and probably won't want to jeopardize that...

Well maybe North Korea Kim Jong Il is a loose cannon... I don't hold any stock in his sanity...

I'm not concerned about Afghanistan either... other then the fact we'll continue to have troops there... and in Iraq... and then Iran? Well I think we'll have a lot of unhappy soldiers doing a lot of extra hardship tours...

POWERED BY:
DYE PRECISION, Shocktech USA, BBT, the Badlandz, the Grindhouse, Krush Skate Park, KEE ACTION SPORTS, RPS, HALO, NXE, VIRTUE

Last edited by JLothrop : 08-20-2004 at 11:55 AM.
Old 08-20-2004, 11:59 AM #51
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

SlingerXL is a Supporting Member
Bush, Bush, Bush... What have you done?
Old 08-20-2004, 12:57 PM #52
The Dread Pirate
Warning: Choking Hazard

The Dread Pirate is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by RedfordRenegade
Iran's defense minister just told Al-jazeera that they will "pre-emptively strike US forces" to prevent an attack on thier nuclear programs. Heh. This chess game with "W" has only yet begun.

"DOHA (Qatar) - Iranian Defence Minister Ali Shamkhani has warned that Iran might launch a pre-emptive strike against United States forces in the region to prevent an attack on its nuclear facilities.

'We will not sit (with arms folded) to wait for what others will do to us,' he told Al-Jazeera television when asked if Iran would respond to an American attack on its nuclear facilities. "
They are just blowing hot air at the newsies. Iran isnt politically stable enough anymore to go to war with the US. It would become another free for all like Iraq. The younger generation of Iranians is reverting back to the old thinking of the Shah.

Also Iranians arent Arab. They are Aryan. (Mot that it matters here, but just as a point of reference).
Old 08-20-2004, 01:12 PM #53
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

Quote:
Originally posted by The Dread Pirate
They are just blowing hot air at the newsies. Iran isnt politically stable enough anymore to go to war with the US. It would become another free for all like Iraq. The younger generation of Iranians is reverting back to the old thinking of the Shah.
Source.
Old 08-20-2004, 01:17 PM #54
The Dread Pirate

Thats pretty funny coming from you, but there was a feature on World News with Peter Jennings about Iran's younger generation getting educated outside of Iran and bringing back Western ideas (like the Shah did).
Old 08-20-2004, 01:32 PM #55
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

Quote:
Thats pretty funny coming from you

Quote:
Originally posted by SlingerXL
Bush essentially said federal money will continue to fund stem cell research but the catch is that they have to use existing supplies which mean no new stem cells, that are just gonna get thrown out anyway, can be used. (s.)
Quote:
Here's a BBC newspiece about how one of the key dossiers used by Powell and Blair to push the idea that Iraq had WMDs was plaguerized from a postgrad's paper written a decade earlier.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/2736149.stm
Quote:
Clinton bombed saddam for not complying with the U.N. (s.)

I did a seach on all my last posts. I put a source for nearly every fact I say. That's a small sample. I've even out more than one source on a single fact in some posts.

Quote:
but there was a feature on World News with Peter Jennings about Iran's younger generation getting educated outside of Iran and bringing back Western ideas (like the Shah did).
Good to know your your source isn't online or easily verified. Once again...
Quote:
Originally posted by Bewmaster
Weak.
Old 08-20-2004, 01:33 PM #56
elTwitcho

This source business is bull****. For common knowledge like what Chunks posted you shouldn't have to post a ****ing source. If you aren't informed enough to know basic facts then it isn't the other persons responsibility to educate you

twitch slaps me around
Because of small cock
Old 08-20-2004, 01:34 PM #57
The Dread Pirate

He has to retort somehow, Twitch.
Old 08-20-2004, 01:37 PM #58
elTwitcho

It's bull**** man, you can't even have a ****ing debate anymore. It's one thing if someone says "Bush endorsed the bombing of the WTC" and another asks for a source, but right now you can't even say "we attacked Iraq" without someone demanding a source from you. It's utter ****.

twitch slaps me around
Because of small cock
Old 08-20-2004, 01:39 PM #59
The Dread Pirate

You see why I dont even try to debate anymore? I liked the days when it would be you, me, Brackis, Mag, Tiny, Black Ice, etc debating stuff.
Old 08-20-2004, 01:39 PM #60
Tiny (Banned)
The Real Tiny

This source thing is ridiculous. For any argument you give, a bias source can be found through google to support it. I am sure if I looked hard enough I could find a HomosexualSadoMasochisticNecrophiliac support group, and say that beating up and screwing a dead male monkeys is good for you. The source thing is, as Chunks eluded to, the intellectual equivalent to the schoolyard retort of "So?" Give it a rest kids.
Old 08-20-2004, 01:51 PM #61
envious
Banned

Quote:
You see why I dont even try to debate anymore? I liked the days when it would be you, me, Brackis, Mag, Tiny, Black Ice, etc debating stuff.
Ahem, excuse me, are you forgetting someone?

Ya, that is why I try and stay out of internet debates these days. It's sad when my debate class goes so smoothly and then I read the crazy **** on here and cant argue without pictures that I was there and a government document stating what I said was true.
Old 08-20-2004, 01:53 PM #62
Tiny (Banned)
The Real Tiny

Who are you?
Old 08-20-2004, 01:57 PM #63
The Dread Pirate

Waveryth3m... I cant believe I forgot you Casey. I'm sorry.